An RTA without glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I’ve had good luck avoiding oversquonk with a 22mm pulse combined with a silicone bottle. The juice opening is designed to suck the spare juice back into the bottle so you basically can’t oversquonk unless your bottle is empty
What's your favorite squonk mod then?

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Darn, 150 beans for that RTA. I'm considering.....;)
You found one for sale in USD? All I can find is CAN and british pounds. I did manage to dredge up a video review though. Apparently the effective search terms are “kayfun 52” and “ kayfun 5 squared”

• Useful
Reactions: VapourFlavour

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
What's your favorite squonk mod then?
The only bf RDA I’ve bought so far is the pulse 22. In general I think nothing really beats a moldy old velocity. Decent deck, single or double coil no problem, and the most accurately adjustable airflow I’ve ever seen. I hear they come with bf pins now too. None of mine have bf pins though so I haven’t tried it as a squonker

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Does anyone know of an RTA that doesn't have a glass tank? Long story short, my Legend fell at work, the glass on my rta broke. I don't have time to drip during the day and am still looking into squonking. I'd like to find an RTA built Legend tough.

I don't know where you live so this might be difficult where you are, but get any tank you want, or use the one you already have. Get the dimensions for the glass and go to a local machine shop and have them make a steel "glass replacement" for you. Might be a tad pricey but at least you know it will be a tank you like. With exact dimensions (height, inside diameter, outside diameter) it might even be possible to order from a custom shop online.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't know where you live so this might be difficult where you are, but get any tank you want, or use the one you already have. Get the dimensions for the glass and go to a local machine shop and have them make a steel "glass replacement" for you. Might be a tad pricey but at least you know it will be a tank you like. With exact dimensions (height, inside diameter, outside diameter) it might even be possible to order from a custom shop online.
I had actually planned on doing that before I discovered how drop resistant the aromamizer was

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
That may be worth looking into!

Reactions: Heartsdelight

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Enushi has the GT4 in stock for only 187,99 CAD - Taifun - "GT IV (GT4)" RTA

For the price you could get a rage and a drop dead, or close to. Or a pulse and a citadel. Or whatever else you would like, pretty much.

Kopie-vonKopie-vonIMG_5112222223-Kopie-02__17130.1535756147.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_5337-01__97698.1535756147.380.380.jpg

There's also the DDP Vape - "DDP One V2" BF RTA @ 184,99 CAD
29793254_1834569776587654_1222153143307993088_n__24170.1531507730.1280.1280.jpg

And the Sector One Vapors - "NXS RTA" Gun Metal Black @ 134,99 CAD
_DSC7554-Edit__83883.1477000056.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
So I have been looking into squonking, any recommendations for a fairly forgiving rda? By that I mean deep wells for a newbie learning not to over squonk? :)
Pulse 22 is great for squonking without worry of leakage from over-zealous squonks. It is somewhat lacking in the flavor department when compared to my Recurve. Of the two, the Pulse 22 has greater airflow, but the sacrifice is noise. The Recurve has hella smooth airflow and better flavor. I keep my Pulse 22 mounted on the Therion BF 25C with a DIY NET tobacco, and the Recurve is mounted on my VV Pulse 80W with DIY Vanilla Cream. Both of these atties are single coil, but accomodate ANY size build. Right now, they house 2x26ga316L/34ga 3mm fused claptons @~.2ohm. Clouds and flavor abound!

...and once again... no cracked glass... I work with Stone ;-)

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
For the record, since it looks like it's going that way, my squonking RDA suggestion is the B2K.

Great all rounder. You can get dual coil-like vape because it can accomodate gigantic coils. You can also do more of a traditional single coil build. Also has a MTL conversion thing.

B2K RSA TRVPMATIK (V5) BY BB VAPES BRVND

You're looking at $100 but it contains this and is therefore has massive value for money:
  • One B2K RSA TRVPMATIK Set
  • Spare O-rings
  • Hex Allen wrench
  • Chamber Reducer Adapter
  • 510 Bottom Feeder Pin
  • 510 Bottom Feeder Pin Plug
  • Caps
    • Black Aluminum Anodized
    • Stainless Steel Sandblasted
    • White Delrin
    • Sandblasted Ultem
  • Stainless Steel 810 Splash Guard Disc
  • x8 Decorative heat fins
  • x4 510 Tips
  • x4 810 Tips
  • x4 Beauty Rings
    • Ultem
    • Clear Polycarbonate
    • White Derin
    • Black Delrin

You can get older sets for cheaper, they're all functionally the same.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The darvw has a DTL rta with the option of either a reg poly tank or ultem, but no SS option. It's a 24mm tank and I believe comes in a 2, 3.5, or 5 or 6 ml tank. You even get options on af, as there are a few different af inserts that are changeable. I own a few of their mtl rtas and they are fantastic. Here is the authentic site, but they might do clones at FT (I know they do on the mtl versions )Dvarw DL RTA 24mm – KHW mods
Sorry, out of stock at the moment

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
The darvw has a DTL rta with the option of either a reg poly tank or ultem, but no SS option. It's a 24mm tank and I believe comes in a 2, 3.5, or 5 or 6 ml tank. You even get options on af, as there are a few different af inserts that are changeable. I own a few of their mtl rtas and they are fantastic. Here is the authentic site, but they might do clones at FT (I know they do on the mtl versions )Dvarw DL RTA 24mm – KHW mods
Sorry, out of stock at the moment
Thanks for the reference, it looks like a hard one to find though. I made it through about 45 seconds of the Jai Haze review attached to that site, so I'll have to rely on your advice since I can't stomach that guy :nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread