An update on my story

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwcom

Dec 11, 2009
under the bridge
My story is probably similar to a lot of you, I started gaping December 11 09 with my 510, and I loved it. But the carts were a nightmare, I always ended up burning th filler etc. So I went back to analogs. Until July 20 2011, I'm not sure what it was that made me dig out my 510 that day, but I'm glad I did. It reintroduced me back to the gaping world and i saw the new developments. I debated a new model, but I tried 510 cartos and they were amazing, then ce2's and I think I've finally found the perfect vale for me, a ce2 can last me most of a day, no longer do I need to top up damn carts, it's just great.

Hopefully i can stick to it this time, I haven't totally given up the analogs just yet, I used to smoke at least a PAD, but now I'm only down to that first one in the morning, I can't seem to ditch that one cigarette! I've found a few flavors i can vape all day, but nothing tastes like that first morning smoke! Any suggestions?! I really want to just vape!

So yeah, a pretty pointless topic! I just wanted to share my story so far...and find out how to ditch that morning smoke :-/

I thankfully didn't have that problem when letting go of the cigarettes...
instead of having that cigarette, try to keep your mind occupied with other stuff-
Vape first thing...then if you have that cigarette you can compare how nasty it tastes in comparison-
get a high nic juice for the morning-
There is a trigger there that you need to replace, me, thankfully it was just the hand to mouth and action of "smoking" while i was drinking my morning coffee...
i do also hit a higher than average nic juice in the morning though.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Welcome back, and congrats on rediscovering vaping! Yeah, I started with a stock eGo (510 atty/carts). They were okay at first, but I quickly came to really dislike them. Moved up to the eGo Mega atty and carts and that was a big improvement, but ultimately they just became a hassle too. Tried the tanks, they were even worse for me. Finally got into the cartos and found my vaping nirvana. Now my carry-along kit always has a few prefilled cartos, spare battery, and some extra juice in case I run out of whatever is my favourite rotation of the day.

If you really want to give up that morning cig, just have a vape in the morning. I know that sounds simplistic and might be hard to do, but if you stick with it for a few days, than after 3-5 days, if you try a cig, you'll find they taste bad enough that you won't want that morning cig anymore. Especially if you really like whatever you're vaping at the time. So get a liquid you absolutely love and vape first thing, before you even reach for the pack. (Put the pack away somewhere inconvenient before bed if it'll help.) Give it a few days and next time you try and light up you wont' even recognize it. :)

awi65

Aug 11, 2011
Edinburgh
well done you for giving it another go. I would echo the previous poster, get some higher nic juice for those morning cravings, either that, or something with more throat hit (like a menthol juice). I was lucky as I instantly switched from smoking to vaping, however, I still had the odd craving to begin with. I was using 18mg juice to start with, but I upped to 24mg, and that did the trick for me. You may be reluctant to spend more money on better kit until you know that vaping will work for you - but better kit will work better for you. Get yourself a bigger battery (an eGo battery has a 510 connection) and maybe try a low resistance atomiser, that way, you'll get more vapour and more of a hit. Try that with higher nic juice, and I'm sure it'll get rid of those cravings

dragonladee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2011
Louisiana
Congrats! One analog a day is much better than a pack, I call that a win already.

I keep a carto filled with coffee flavored juice for in the mornings. My all day vape doesn't taste the same first thing in the am either, but having that separate flavor has done the trick for me. You'll have that one analog down to none in no time ;)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Grats! Yeah I love cartos on 510. I use the Boge standard resistance and will be trying the new CE3 ones when they arrive soon. I avoided the Ce2 with all of its issues but supposedly the CE3 fixes a lot of things.

if you decide to work on eliminating that morning one - What helped me in the morning was buying a totally spare battery and I got the long Joye 510 mega xl manual for my home one - longer charge and holds the voltage up longer. And of course cartos! Because the worst thing ever is fighting with a cart and atomizer in the morning while trying to get your first drag. Late night I make sure everything else is charging and I take the xl off the charger. I vape that until I go to bed and when I wake up it is right where there ready to pick up and vape first thing in the morning (right where I used to smoke). No assembly required.

Some coffee lovers enjoy and coffee/tobacco blend first thing. I am not a coffee lover. I actually leave two ecigs set up overnight, one with my usual vanillas and one with my usual cocoa tobacco. In the morning, I hit the vanillas first then lay into the cocoa tobacco and I vape until I am satisfied and awake - may be 2 cigs worth of drags, may be 3.

Last edited:

elwcom

Dec 11, 2009
under the bridge
thanks everyone!! im sure i'll ditch it soon, defo might get a higher nic for the mornings...im on 11 at the moment, ive got a menthol (which i love even though menthol analogs repulsed me) in 11, 18 and 24 just to see which would be my level, turns out im definitely an 11, lol i smoke(d) marlboro ultra lights and sometimes marlboro lights. i think i'll hit the 24 first thing, really buzz myself lol! through the day ive decided i like variety, i love switching between bubblegum, lime, cherry and cola...so ive started carrying around 4 full setups so i can pull them out like analogs and go.

other than menthol anyone have any suggestions on what other flavor would give a great throat hit in the mornings, without tasting too yucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread