analog delema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldnamenomore

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
So I am supposed to be getting my first PV tomorrow, but I am almost out of analogs. I don't really want to buy another pack but with the 8 hour charge for batteries and the fact I probably wont get it until 3pm I am thinking I will have to get another pack. Did you guys find you still smoked analogs for the first few days or would I be throwing away half a pack if I bought another one?

Myra

Mar 2, 2009
Houston, Texas
personally I'd say you'd be wasting a good pack of ciggies. My boyfriend smokes and we had just gotten 2 free packs of camels the day before I got my PV and well needless to say I smoked half of one cig before I threw it out. He has all the ciggies he wants now without me hogging em xD I say just see if you can make them last by smoking half a cig, put it out and smoke the other half later. I used to do that all the time when I was low on cigs. and take small drags definitely prolongs a cig...

Myra

Mar 2, 2009
Houston, Texas
re-fried cigs xD just re-light with a lighter without inhaling and then once it's burning it doesnt taste different o_O or brush off the burnt tobacco...

ah he's been a smoker for almost as long as I have and it doesn't really bother me considering that I basically live with 3 smokers and am on tour with many bands who smoke 24-7. xDD he rarely smells like cigs though because he has this wonderful scent oil he uses that is so pleasant....

I got my first PV in June 08 and didn't smoke my last analog until November. Alot of people ease into it.

Alot of people think they are "failing" if they still smoke analogs and vape.

Find your own comfort level and ease into it. Believe me you will still reap health benefits by cutting down on the analogs. My pulmonary function tests improved about 15% between June and September.

Good luck and Take Care!

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Hi Marc...just got my first e-cig yesterday. Had a little less than a full pack of analogs and just now finished that pack. That's a lot less than I usually smoke; I was up to 2 packs a day. My choice would be to get another pack just in case, but I really feel like I will eventually quit the analogs all together.

AGNES PEACOCK

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The Mother Lode, California
I agree with Rita. What if it does not come tomm. Get your cigs and be comfortable now. I am still transitioning with both. Something about them (e-cigs) made me ill in the beginning. I am still in the process of elimination as to finding out exactly what it was. The PG, the VG or too much nicotine? There is always the possibility you may need to transition too.

Oldnamenomore

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Well its totally up to you. Now with you being new to vaping there is a break in period and it takes time to learn to opperate the PV. You take drags like sucking on a straw kinda like when you drink a milkshake as it isnt anything like taking a drag off an analog..
Yea I am a little worried about the change in how I take a drag. Currently I smoke very fast with very hard drags, mainly because I don't like being outside when I have **** to do. But I have been reading up on it so I know that dragging hard will just get me a mouthful of nic-juice, so I will be wary of that.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
I got my first PV in June 08 and didn't smoke my last analog until November. Alot of people ease into it.

Alot of people think they are "failing" if they still smoke analogs and vape.

Find your own comfort level and ease into it. Believe me you will still reap health benefits by cutting down on the analogs. My pulmonary function tests improved about 15% between June and September.

Good luck and Take Care!

I agree with Gep, very sound advice. Each one of us is different. I'm still with analogs, too. But, each day is a new day...

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
The afternoon I got my first e ciggy, I smoked 3 more analogs because I didn't know what I was doing yet. I said, I'll start fresh in the morning. The next morning I started my vaping and have NEVER touched another analog again. Have I been tempted? Yes. But I think that is because of the withdrawls from the other chemicals. It has gotten easier and easier and now after 18 days, I would say that I might think of them once a day vs 5-6 times a day at first. It's a hard and unfamilar step to leave the analogs behind. They have been our security blanky for years. All I can say is that the longer you go, the farther apart you drift from them and the easier it gets. I think they were kind of an emotional attachment too. I'm so glad I've come this far! Once you do that, it seems to just not be an issue as you have detached yourself from them.

nonamebrand

Feb 28, 2009
I just dove right into vaping. Ever since I got my 901 I haven't looked back. I think stopped smoking analogs March 12th. Then bummed a few from a friend at work on March 17th. Didn't smoke on March 18th. Got 901 on March 19th. I think I quit analogs for a good 5 days. I think I could have made a good cold turkey run there.

Well anyways I think that cold turkey run helped a lot. I haven't really desired an analog since I got my 901. Maybe in the beginning from time to time I would imagine smoking an analog and feeling great. But I never caved again yet. Right now if I picture myself smoking a Marlboro Light I don't feel a craving at all, so I think I've weened off the analogs pretty well.

bebop

Mar 13, 2009
having switched from cowboy killers to American Spirit or Nat Sherman organics really helps to come off the extra .... in analogs, I really wish that I ordered a usb passthru for backup though in addition to my 901. Amazing as it may seem i have gotten so used to vaping and the reletive reduction of wear on my lungs that I really find analogs distasteful.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Marc we are all different. As you have read, some people stopped analogs as soon as they started ecigs, some still do both. It depends on just how much you are addicted to analogs. I smoked Kools for 36 years and wanted to quit them but was addicted BAD! I started by rationing myself to 1 every 20 min, then 30, and so forth. When I discovered ecigs I decided to try them to see if it would help. I quickly discovered they might work but I was nervous about totally letting go of the old pacifiers (analogs). So for the first few days I did both. After I got enough supplies and found the ecig that worked for me I just kept reducing the analogs more and more each day. Then I finally got down to my last unopened pack and decided then and there I was done with analogs but would keep the pack "just in case". I didn't throw it away, just kept it for a security blankie. :) That worked for me. In fact I found I indeed had 2 unopened packs. I kept them for 2 weeks then gave them to a friend. I've been 2 weeks and 1 day free of analogs and know I am done with them. I am planning on being done with ecigs too in the hopefully near future. You just have to do what is right for you. If you find yourself panicing at the thought of giving up analogs totally at first, just do both or keep them handy like I did. Use this forum as a support team. I did and the people here will help you. Lucky was my inspiration. She is ahead of me by only a few days and we are both thrilled and proud of ourselves. There is a learning curve to this and you have to decide if you are dedicated enough to stop smoking to take the time to "get this" or not. In some ways it's a pain in the hiney and in other ways it's SOOO MUCH BETTER!!! Just take the time to make a good decision for you and do it in the most comfortable way you can. Then I feel you will be the most successful. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread