Analog-free only 12 housrs, sleepier than I've ever been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landhew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Missing the beach, NC
I smoked my last (hopefully) analog last night. I've been vaping since then (with 6 hours of sleep in there). I am so sleepy today. It's almost as if I've taken sleeping pills I'm so sleepy. That's not good since I have 2 little boys who are 3 and 2. I feel like I'm actually in danger of nodding off at any moment.

I admit that I didn't know about nicotine levels in juice when I placed my first order, so I ended up with 11 mg juice. Do you think that's just not enough nicotine for me right now? I was a pack-a-day smoker of Marlboro Ultra Lights for years.

MissP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Land of Southern Belles :)
The sleepy is going to be some withdrawl from the toxins in the cigarettes.... in a day or two that will get alot better!! Everybody is different in thier nicotine needs. I was a little more than a pack a day smoker, and I started at 11 mg, then tried the 15mg for a couple weeks. I got too many headaches, so now I am back down. There are some that require 24 and 36 mg strengths. If it takes care of the cravings, I'd personally stick with the 11mgs.

Make sure you are drinking LOTS of fluids.. vaping will dry you out and that can also cause sleepiness :)

Congrats Congrats Congrats on your first 12 hours!!!!! Soon it will be a couple days, then a week, then a month and ECF will be here with you all the way!!!!

Get yourself a big glass of water, take your boys for a little walk in the fresh air and it will help :)

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
Make sure you are drinking LOTS of fluids.. vaping will dry you out and that can also cause sleepiness :)

+1 - Keep a bottle of water with you at all times; it really helped me. In a couple days you'll start noticing some differences, sense of smell coming back etc. Just stick with it, it's worth it!

Landhew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Missing the beach, NC
Thanks y'all. The sleepiness is my biggest symptom. I do have a pretty dry mouth. I'm pretty much walking around with my ecig and a glass of water.

Going 12+ hours without an analog is a big deal for me. What I am really loving about my ecig is that it is keeping me from being a nervous, mean wreck. I have gotten a couple of really strong analog cravings, but I puff my ecig a few times and it passes. I think I have FINALLY found the thing that is going to get me off analogs permanently!

MissP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Land of Southern Belles :)
Rest assured on the nicotine levels then... if it is keeping your nerves under control, and a few puffs pass the cravings... you hit the nail on the head!! You're body has to take the time to rid itself of all the other chemicals from the cigs :)

I cant wait for your 1 WEEK post!!!!! Will be anxiously awaiting a happy dance for you :)

GiddyLydia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2010
Kentucky
Congratulations, good on you!

In my third week, doing the opposite. I guess I'm getting more nicotine that I was used to , making it hard to get to sleep. And right now I like it like that! As a 35 year smoker, I still think I want an analog about once a day til I light one and smell the god-awful fumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread