The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Analog smokers saying Vapor smells nasty

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by silentt, Apr 5, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. silentt

silentt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2011
    Virginia
    Me and a couple buddies at work use pv's and vape all day at work. The other employees who smoke analogs say that the vapor smells terrible and want nothing to do with it. It's not just one person saying it smells bad, it's 10+ people saying all of our vapor is grose.

Anyone else experienced this? We mostly vape RY4, Honey Beez and some Vanillaz, I can't see how those would smell nasty at all. I love the smell of my vapor.

2. alldayvape

alldayvape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2011
    Maryland
    lol? How can a smoker complain about the smell??

can't fix stupid....

3. swedishfish

swedishfish Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2010
    NJ
    What do you vape?

I think BWB has a distinct smell. I wouldn't describe it as nasty or bad at all but it has a pronounced smell to me.

4. flbutterfly1

flbutterfly1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2010
    Interlachen, Florida
    I have one juice that does smell like cat piss when vaped, not in the bottle. It tastes great. Viking Vapor RY4. My kids and other multiple people smell it, I also smelled it in my living room hours after i vaped it. They are all correct cat pee. I do not own a cat. I love the juice but I have to vape it outside so I don't use it as much as I would like to.

5. flbutterfly1

flbutterfly1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2010
    Interlachen, Florida
    Oh ya, I also vaped honey= cat pee

6. swedishfish

swedishfish Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2010
    NJ
    You're right about that. I didn't appreciate how horrible cig smoke smelled until I vaped for awhile. I guess it's like someone with B.O. They can't smell themselves. It's pretty funny that someone that smokes would say it though.

7. silentt

Feb 14, 2011
    Virginia
    I vape 5-6ml a day of Honey Beez and some other days RY4. They smell great to me and I enjoy them, but it's probably because i'm the one vaping it.

edit: They said honey beez smells like a farm

8. alldayvape

alldayvape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2011
    Maryland
    Analog smell is disgusting.. Hard to believe I was smelling like that... urghhhhh

9. Godzilla

Godzilla Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2010
    Northern California
    Honey Beez definitely leaves a lingering aroma.

10. aziffel

aziffel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    nc
    I've only occasionally had someone comment about the smell,and they all said it smelled good.
    I can't smell it after exhale at all.

11. db13berry

db13berry Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    USA
    I've had no complaints about the smell of my vapor. My husband says my Key Lime Pie smells like standing next to the candy vendors at the fair. YUM!

12. DeathHaze420

DeathHaze420 Full Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Saskatchewan
    Perception is all in the eye of the beholder. but maybe, like cig's the 2nd hand smells different if you're not vaping it and enjoying its full flavour potential?

13. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    IMO, they are just dogging you guys since they don't think they really work or they are jealous because they do but too scared to try them. My co-workers and family love the smell. No complaints as of yet.

14. Ghost Song

Ghost Song Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2010
    Oklahoma
    yeah, ecig vapor can smell terrible if it's not coming from you. it's a semi-sour dank smell and it's pretty unpleasant. i never noticed it until someone pointed it out, kind of how i never noticed my cigarette smell until it was mentioned harshly.

15. yohann976

yohann976 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    Deer Park, WA
    The only complaints anyone has ever told me about smelling is when I used to smoke analogs!

16. Religion

Religion Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2011
    AZ
    There are certain flavors/scents that linger. Most leave no scent. Some leave candy scents that junior high girls pay to smell like. LOL. But some of the tobacco/dark earthy flavors leave a musty odor (maybe the ladies will mistake it for man cologne?). Any of the scents are a thousand times better than any analog. That's why it is ironic that the OP's analog buddies were the ones complaining.
    Anyone find the tuna or bacon flavors working well as an aphrodisiac?

Hmmm... Maybe your lunch is mixing in with your exhales? I recommend good oral hygiene even if you quit analogs ;-p

17. silkakc

silkakc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Canandaigua, NY
    Silentt,

I don't want them taking away your vaping privilages so find a scent they do find tolerable!

18. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Most likely they look at it as a threat to their addiction. It isn't, but they don't know that yet. Smokers are the today's lepers and they know it. There's an attitude that goes with that - expect it.

That said, I've really never run into any that were put off by the smell - only a few flavors actually smell. Most were curious.

19. D.L.

D.L. Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Georgia
    Hummm, ashtray smell :( or caramel, vanilla, berries. Ill take the lader. :)

20. silentt

Feb 14, 2011
    Virginia
    It doesn't bother me they don't like my vapors smell. Nothing will stop me and what I enjoy, don't worry. :)

I'll try a couple others at work and see what they think, i have a watermelon juice that tastes just like biting into a fresh grown watermelon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.