Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That being said, some people are surely exaggerating about how hideous the smell and taste of cigarettes are... :rolleyes:
No they aren't, and thousands of people here will attest to that, as you already know.
What is happening is a small percentage just don't find them nearly as disgusting as the rest of us do.

Remember, we are all different, and projecting your personal views onto others rarely works.
Unless of course you are the ultimate arbiter of what everyone thinks, feels, tastes, and smells.
:)

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Something odd happens when most people quit smoking as we become hyper aware of cigarettes smoke. I swear I can smell 'em a block away. Its like my own little smoke radar.

I had one after I had quit about 3 months and it was pretty bad. I tried again after 9 months and I could't even inhale without hacking up a lung. I had about 5 hits and that was it. That was over 3 years ago.

But I have no illusions about the smell and taste of cigarettes. If all my other alternatives where gone and there was nothing left but cigarettes I know without a doubt I would be smoking again in short order. It may be a bit rough at first but within a few days I would be an old pro. I'm not into deluding myself on that. For the most part I really liked smoking. At times I really loved it. I'm sure I could rekindle the old flame if I had to.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
But I have no illusions about the smell and taste of cigarettes. If all my other alternatives where gone and there was nothing left but cigarettes I know without a doubt I would be smoking again in short order. It may be a bit rough at first but within a few days I would be an old pro. I'm not into deluding myself on that. For the most part I really liked smoking. At times I really loved it. I'm sure I could rekindle the old flame if I had to.
Yeah, same here...

They taste pretty nasty to me now.
But if there was no vaping anymore, I'd be smoking within an hour.

Not only do I know that, I'd actually plan on it.

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
Something odd happens when most people quit smoking as we become hyper aware of cigarettes smoke. I swear I can smell 'em a block away. Its like my own little smoke radar.

I had one after I had quit about 3 months and it was pretty bad. I tried again after 9 months and I could't even inhale without hacking up a lung. I had about 5 hits and that was it. That was over 3 years ago.

Yeah, same here...

They taste pretty nasty to me now.
But if there was no vaping anymore, I'd be smoking within an hour.

Not only do I know that, I'd actually plan on it.

So sad, but true......

dhdonline1

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
canada
Posted this in another thread:

That is an excellent way to put it!! :D That method of thinking makes it very easy to justify all the $ I've spent on vapeware! Add to that I've found a new hobby I love and WON'T kill me!!

I haven't had the same curiosity about stinkies, though I can understand it. It really is a tough addiction to break! I'm not so curious as to how they would taste now, cause I know it would not be pleasant!! It would be a good reminder why we all quit I think.

merlin440

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
ohio
Well my experience with analogs, I was out at a bar talking with people after work, a number of my friends smoke, so I went outside to continue chatting with them, and low and behold my e-cig batt died, I had another in the car, as I didn't bring the case because I didn't expect to spend long, nor did I expect my battery to die. So were talking and I didn't want to walk all the way to my car, so I said "hey can I bum one?"

I was a Marlboro smoker, and so was he so I figured what the heck. I took one puff and just like so many here say, I was like OH GOD THIS IS NASTY! I liked this??? Anyway that was Aug 2nd 2010. The day of my last analog :). I had been keeping a pack of cigs in my desk at home "just in case". Everyone here knows that worry of running out not having the ability to get their fix. I went home tossed the pack from my desk and haven't looked back. Now almost 2 years later, my eldest son smokes and I can't even stand being around him even AFTER he's smoked, I can smell it on his clothes, in his car etc.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
Isn't it amazing as smokers, How much nasty we were willing to put up with to get are nic.:ohmy:

No doubt! I've never wanted to after first 2 weeks, for any reason. Not an anti smoke/smell Nazi like born again ex smokers can be, but I change clothes quickly if I've been near smoking for any length of time, and they can't hold my baby if they've smoked in the last hour or so.

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

fuzzyvape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Not saying i smoke cigs anymore but i have had a few since i started vaping ill be honost i still enjoy a marlboro red i dont smoke them anymore (health concerns) but cigs do not bother me enough to say something i can clearly smell the difference between a smoker and non but its not OMG SO BAD SMELLING ill offer ecigs as an option but its not up to me to to tell someone how to get there nic i vape very often in smoker areas i like the socail aspect and the smell isnt bad i just dont choose that method of nic delivery anymore

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
I was just talking about this with a fellow vaper. We were talking about how now we "get" why non-smokers would always complain about how gross we smelled. Now I can't stand the smell. I happened to be out with friends, ecig in the car, and they went to smoke. I asked to bum one and took two drags and tossed it because it tasted so disgusting I couldn't take it.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Yep... that's the one. People have been spreading it into different areas on the forums to make sure it's seen. Original thread is here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/305515-casaa-new-york-state-sales-ban-call-action.html

BHam... if you have customers in NY, send them to that link or here: ttp://blog.casaa.org/2012/06/new-york-state-call-to-action.html
There's a list of phone numbers, and an email list for the senators that are on the rules committee. They are in session until the end of next week and could vote on this at ANY time. They need to get phone calls, letters, emails... share it everywhere you can please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread