EDIT: This is not my recipe. I just adapted it. Got it on ELR by 'James'

Last edited:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
It does sound good, I hope you enjoy your first attempt at DIY! :) It's a lot of fun... Happy steeping (seriously, don't even try it for at LEAST 24-hours.... tends to lead to overflavoring, at least on my part. I'm bad at waiting, though, LOL.

Anna
I always make up two bottles of a new flavor. One for steep and one for Instavape.

@NicotineRush your custard king sounds good!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Pipetting with VG sucks, I might consider a syringe if it's a huge problem. It would probably be less messy. Either that, or one of those "blunt bore" bottles that have bullet shaped ends that you can squeeze VG up into. IDK what it's called, exactly, but it came with my kit, and it's marginally better than pipettes in the sense that you can at least draw up a fair amount of VG into it, and then shake it over the VG bottle, then wipe off any mess or rinse it in the sink....

I haven't found there's any particularly un-messy method for dealing with VG though, so if someone knows something I don't, I'd love to hear it. It's just a matter of "less" mess versus "more" mess.... :)

Anna

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Pipetting with VG sucks, I might consider a syringe if it's a huge problem. It would probably be less messy. Either that, or one of those "blunt bore" bottles that have bullet shaped ends that you can squeeze VG up into. IDK what it's called, exactly, but it came with my kit, and it's marginally better than pipettes in the sense that you can at least draw up a fair amount of VG into it, and then shake it over the VG bottle, then wipe off any mess or rinse it in the sink....

I haven't found there's any particularly un-messy method for dealing with VG though, so if someone knows something I don't, I'd love to hear it. It's just a matter of "less" mess versus "more" mess.... :)

Anna
Probably not the way most prefer to mix but this is how I do VG without creating a mess or fuss. I mix 30mL bottles at a time. I determine my combined flavor %, total nic (have been steady for the last year at 1.5mL of 50/50,100mg/mL in the 30mL bottle=5mg/mL) and adjust the % of additional PG, depending on amount of flavoring, to = ~20%. This way it allows me to just pour in dollops of VG as I go. Don't even have to measure.

Edit: Well, can't say no mess as some of those dang plastic bottles have unforgiving bottle openings and will fill up just that top part and overflow if not paying attention

Last edited:
Reactions: Necrospecter

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
How much do you have to shake these?
Once a day seems about the standard there are some that say using an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner can speed up the process I have never tried it but may end up one day just a little food for thought.

tends to lead to overflavoring, at least on my part. I'm bad at waiting, though, LOL.

Anna

Maybe try dropping it in the post and marking fragile then you can't touch it for a day or so and with the fragile sticker on it you know they will shake it and drop it a lot before it gets back to you XD

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That sounds great.... Until the post office determines I haven't marked my package as a liquid for maximum "steepage" LOL, and I get in trouble.....

Pretty sure I can find a less expensive way to learn patience, though if I posted it to myself, the post office would probably route it through Chicago or Norway or somewhere. :lol::lol:. Free "shipping", LOL.

Anna

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
Pretty sure I can find a less expensive way to learn patience, though if I posted it to myself, the post office would probably route it through Chicago or Norway or somewhere. :lol::lol:. Free "shipping", LOL.

Anna

You could always dust off the old "Matter for the Blind" trick :thumb: as for it going to Chicago that could be back then you only have a 5% chance of getting it back

Reactions: stols001

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Once a day seems about the standard there are some that say using an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner can speed up the process I have never tried it but may end up one day just a little food for thought.

Maybe try dropping it in the post and marking fragile then you can't touch it for a day or so and with the fragile sticker on it you know they will shake it and drop it a lot before it gets back to you XD
:) USPS steeping our juices:)

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
How much do you have to shake these?

I mix mine with a badger paint mixer for 30 60 seconds then toss it in the steep cabinet for a few months. I never shake them again until right before I pour out of the 120ml bottle into my 30ml squeeze bottles for filling, and obv give the 30ml bottle a little shake each time before I fill my tanks or drip.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Does FT sell juices? Maybe we should tell them that they don't need to bother steeping them, :lol:. I received a "Fantasy styled Vika tank," just yesterday, ordered it a while ago. I believe that's one of the 'Buki clones? I wasn't super impressed with it, but then again, I'm not *entirely* clear on whether it even IS that...

I ordered a Ti "clone" that was labeled "Kabuki styled," that's due to arrive sometime this year.... I hope it's better quality, LOL. But, I plan on investigating more today, and even *using* this fantasy tank, gasp, but so far I'm really glad I bought the original oh boy am I ever....:) If someone knows different about this tank, please tell me, :D.

Anna

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'

HA! If you only knew what I did for almost 30 years! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread