Status
Not open for further replies.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
They are so out of touch with the world! They act as if dripping is some new thing. Dripping has been around since I picked up my first in 2008 albeit it was a cig shaped battery and a blue foam stuffed 510 carto! I wish they would get past their "fake news" crap and actually do a little research. Oh I don't know... Maybe ask a few Vapers!!

That guy Ray Story... Completely Clueless!
"Do we think it's going to become a trend or very popular? No," he said.

He has no idea what is going on apparently! And hes the CEO of the tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association.

Jeez Louise!! He needs to be replaced or someone needs to educate him one!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They are so out of touch with the world! They act as if dripping is some new thing. Dripping has been around since I picked up my first in 2008 albeit it was a cig shaped battery and a blue foam stuffed 510 carto! I wish they would get past their "fake news" crap and actually do a little research. Oh I don't know... Maybe ask a few Vapers!!

That guy Ray Story... Completely Clueless!

He has no idea what is going on apparently! And hes the CEO of the tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association.

Jeez Louise!! He needs to be replaced or someone needs to educate him one!

A couple of things to Consider...

We don't know the Context in which Mr. Story made that statement. It is a Time Honored Technique to take a Quote from someone and then Surround it with the Context an author would like to convey.

Also, If you are approached by a Media Outlet with a Long History of presenting Skewed, Biased, Half-Truths about e-Cigarettes, are you going to say Anything that is going to Help/Support them in their Crusade against e-Cigarettes?

Remember, when Flight MH370 went down, CNN were the one's who Supported the idea that Fire was the cause by showing a cartoon image of a Wooden Box with the words "Caution: e-Cigarettes Inside" across it.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Just an excerpt from the article. They're painting "vape tricks" as somehow dangerous? How? Why? Doesn't matter right? The "mentally challenged" reader has just left that article thinking that vape tricks are dangerous. Critical thinking eludes a large part of our society.

"Beyond dripping is another alternative use of e-cigarettes that is of concern to Krishnan-Sarin: smoke tricks.
"You can inhale the vapor or the aerosol, and then you blow it out of your mouth or nose, and you create all different kinds of shapes," she said. "People create dragons and volcanoes and little hearts." Vape fests and competitions are devoted to smoke tricks, which are becoming enormously popular.
"More study is needed," said said Krishnan-Sarin. "We can't just assume e-cigarettes are being used the way everybody thinks they're being used."

Personally believe the agenda here is to paint anything but, what big tobacco will be able to provide the market with, should the FDA regulations go through, as unsafe and less healthy.

FDA BOC

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
What a load of crap garnered from already published crap !

They call this news/journalism ?

SHAMEFUL and sadly laughable !!!

And furthermore...why the hell hasn't anyone taught me how to make dragons, volcanoes and little hearts ?
We need a new sub-forum !!!
You guys are really letting me down here :sneaky:

:lol:

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Oh, the humanity! And all the news anchors screaming around here. I told you; it – I can't even talk to people, their friends are dripping! Ah! It's... it... it's a... ah! I... I can't talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest: he's just vaping there, mass of cloudy vapor. Ah! And everybody can hardly breathe and talk and the dripping. I... I... I'm sorry. Honest: I... I can hardly breathe. I... I'm going to step inside, where I cannot see it.

SMH. It's like they confused dripping with a certain illicit activity. Oh the horror. This is getting ridiculous.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

And furthermore...why the hell hasn't anyone taught me how to make dragons, volcanoes and little hearts ?

I know, right?!
Thanks for the smile, classy!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

The little hearts trick would be really cool to learn before Valentine's Day. I think the article would have been even better with video of the dragons and volcanoes too.:rolleyes:

The article does supply one very useful tidbit. The FDA will be holding an open workshop on e cig battery safety 4/19 and 4/20, with public comments accepted until 5/22. Might be nice to send in comments even though they'll never be read. Federal Register :: Battery Safety Concerns in Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems; Public Workshop; Establishment of a Public Docket; Request for Comments

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Panelists will discuss their scientific knowledge on the questions and presentations in each session. To be considered to serve as a panelist, please provide a one-page biosketch that describes and supports your scientific expertise on the specific topic(s) being presented, nature of your experience and research in the scientific field, positions held, and any program development activities.

@Mooch!!!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
About the author: From wikipedia,
"Susan Scutti is an American fiction writer, poet and journalist currently writing on mediacal [SIC} issues for Newsweek, CNN CBS Philly and Medical Daily." Article

Oh Yea ? So all that garbage spewed is "poetic license" ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The little hearts trick would be really cool to learn before Valentine's Day. I think the article would have been even better with video of the dragons and volcanoes too.:rolleyes:

The article does supply one very useful tidbit. The FDA will be holding an open workshop on e cig battery safety 4/19 and 4/20, with public comments accepted until 5/22. Might be nice to send in comments even though they'll never be read. Federal Register :: Battery Safety Concerns in Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems; Public Workshop; Establishment of a Public Docket; Request for Comments
I am not finding any real demonstration/how-to's in this so called workshop. All I am finding is that they are searching for data as it relates to explosions, asking for ideas on how to minimize the risks, etc. Nothing about ohm's law or how to use them correctly to stay safer with use.

This workshop is only gathering ideas, etc. So to me, nothing more than a back-handed way to gather info and 'show' how the FDA is doing 'something'.
What a waste of funds and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread