And the best Pyrex tank on the market is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Clearo or Carto Tank?

Although I don't own one, I have vaped one several times. The Aspire Nautilus seems like the only clearomizer that I might consider using.

As far as cartotanks, my money goes to IBTanked. More options in diameter and length size than any other tank manufacturer. You could almost purchase three IBTanked for the price of a comparitive Phiniac and have just as good of quality.*

IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks - Review

* Comparitive costs:

• IBTanked: Glass tube and anodized aluminum end caps $23.

• Phiniac: Glass tube and delrin plastic end caps $34. Add metal end caps and the price climbs to $58.

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area
I've tried a bunch, kept the best, and use the top 3 or 4 to switch flavors - I only have one Kayfun (which gets my favorite juice of the moment), and I'm constantly changing juices, so I keep the clearos around to rotate through. I'm a flavor guy, so for me, flavor is a higher priority than vapor. And tastes are subjective, YMMV. That said, here are my preferences on the clearos I'm using regularly. Just to be clear, all of these are excellent and in a class of their own. The differences I'm talking about here are small.

1) TIE - Kanger ProTank 3 with air control base (which is sold separately) and Kanger Mini ProTank 3 - These are the ones where the flavor comes closest to my Kayfun. Good vapor production and excellent flavor. Replacement heads are cheap, last a while, and I haven't had many that are DOA. I only tend to keep one or the other of these with me, but my second favorite flavor goes here.

2) Aspire Nautilus - Great vapor production, and excellent flavor at first, but the attys die more quickly than the protanks, cost more, and I've had about a 30% "crappy out of the box" ratio. With a fresh atty that works well, the Nautilus is slightly better than the protanks, but it's good for a day or two, then drops quickly. I usually keep one juice around that's a step higher in nic than the rest, and this clearo has a good throat hit if you use the tighter draw, so I usually keep the higher nic in here for when I want or need something that hits harder.

3) Kanger Aerotank - Very good flavor and vapor production, and the airflow control is included instead of being a separate purchase. That said, the flavor is not quite as clear as the tanks above. This one gets the juice I'm going to use the least out of the four.

I also keep an Elego BCC Mega in the drawer in my desk at work in case of emergency. I'm pretty sure this is the same as the SmokTech, and it gets the job done, but it's not on the same level as the ones above, so it's a backup.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Carto tanks.

IBTanked and Phiniac glass tubes are not Pyrex to the best of my knowledge. They use borosilicate glass for their tubes which is a generic glass similar to the trademarked borosilicate glass made and sold by Pyrex.

I like IBTanked carto tanks and have used them for over a year. Phiniac tanks are more expensive but the construction is somewhat different and the glass tubes are thicker than IBTanked. Phiniac tanks use a borosilicate glass that is colored in the glass, not painted like IBTanked. Phiniac will sandblast designs on their tubes and offer textured and hand blown glass decoration as well.

Both IBTanked and Phiniac are excellent products. IBTanked offers the best bang for the buck in glass carto tanks but the Phiniac tanks are offer a level of beauty and craftsmanship that demands a higher price.

ShinyMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Crosby, Texas, United States
IBTanked gets another vote here.

I haven't actually owned any other glass tanks before my IBTanks as I did not want to waste time/money as so many others have trying to find the perfect set up. I spent days watching videos, reading reviews and looking at images and I am very happy to say that I am beyond pleased with all of my purchases. ^.^

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
I've tried a bunch, kept the best, and use the top 3 or 4 to switch flavors - I only have one Kayfun (which gets my favorite juice of the moment), and I'm constantly changing juices, so I keep the clearos around to rotate through. I'm a flavor guy, so for me, flavor is a higher priority than vapor. And tastes are subjective, YMMV. That said, here are my preferences on the clearos I'm using regularly. Just to be clear, all of these are excellent and in a class of their own. The differences I'm talking about here are small.

1) TIE - Kanger ProTank 3 with air control base (which is sold separately) and Kanger Mini ProTank 3 - These are the ones where the flavor comes closest to my Kayfun. Good vapor production and excellent flavor. Replacement heads are cheap, last a while, and I haven't had many that are DOA. I only tend to keep one or the other of these with me, but my second favorite flavor goes here.

2) Aspire Nautilus - Great vapor production, and excellent flavor at first, but the attys die more quickly than the protanks, cost more, and I've had about a 30% "crappy out of the box" ratio. With a fresh atty that works well, the Nautilus is slightly better than the protanks, but it's good for a day or two, then drops quickly. I usually keep one juice around that's a step higher in nic than the rest, and this clearo has a good throat hit if you use the tighter draw, so I usually keep the higher nic in here for when I want or need something that hits harder.

3) Kanger Aerotank - Very good flavor and vapor production, and the airflow control is included instead of being a separate purchase. That said, the flavor is not quite as clear as the tanks above. This one gets the juice I'm going to use the least out of the four.

I also keep an Elego BCC Mega in the drawer in my desk at work in case of emergency. I'm pretty sure this is the same as the SmokTech, and it gets the job done, but it's not on the same level as the ones above, so it's a backup.

I have to agree with your first choice, but my opinion is that you have #2 and #3 reversed. Due clearly to the cost of coils and lack of getting a good one out of the box, coupled with the small time that it actually works, I feel the Nautilus should be in last place.

My daily, all day Pyrex clearo is the Kanger Mini Protank 3. I don't have the full sized one yet, but plan on it in the near future. That will allow me two clearos that use the same coil...simple and cheap.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I really like the Smok Tech Pyrex Aro tanks. They have been hassle free for me, no leaks or gurgling. They are inexpensive, come in lots of colors, and the coils are also inexpensive. I use them with my MVP 2, and they are also nice with Vision Spinners. Here is a link:

Smok Tech Pyrex Aro Tank

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
My :2c: The Anyvape Davide BDC. anyvape-gold-davide-bdc-650x650.jpg

Dam I wish I could find one in that limited edition gold. Guess I missed the boat on that one.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Yep, Ibetanked for carto's but, I am going to raise my hand for the new Kanger "Mega" for the clearo! My new go to for load and go.

The Aero and the PT2 with a aero base are quite good as well once you get to know and understand them. Hell I even enjoy my mini PT's as too.

At home relaxing its all about rba's and rda's for me.

Phlotsum

Mar 14, 2014
Upper Left Edge
I've heard so many good things about this tank. Is it really that much better than my aerotank (which I um...hate)?

I've never tried a Aerotank, so I can't speak to that, but I do love my Nautilus.

The coils can gum up quickly depending on the juice your using. MBV has a chart on the bottom of the juice pages that shows how fast the coil will dunk up.

I got a 5 pack of coils from them today for $17.99, to my mind, that's 2 packs of cigarettes which would last 1 day and the pack of coils will last me a week. Cost is relative in my world.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Carto tank: IBTanked (I can't afford a Phiniac, but even if I could, I still prefer the understated simplicity and beauty of an Ibtanked carto tank.)

Clearo: Nautilus. Still has those nasty burnt hits every once in a while. I inherently dislike clearos.

Rebuildable: I'll say the Kayfun because it's what everyone else is using and it seems like I'm the curmudgeon who's dragging his feet. The major reason is because I have a *ton* of juice in 2.4 and trying to drop down my nic would be akin to a poor schlub who has to re-buy every single cassette album he owns as CDs...

EDIT: Rebuildable drippers: too many for me to even make a statement, and I've never owned one. I hit my friends' but I cannot stand the heat. Way too much heat hitting my lips. I'm in the minority here, and I don't rebuild, so I don't presume to know anything, but I cannot do sub-ohm dripping. Waaaay too much heat. Also, I dripped into an old school 510 atty for almost five months straight way back in the day and it ruined me as far as dripping goes. I don't care how far it's come, I'm over dripping. Maybe I'll drip at home when I finally even out my high nic level juice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread