And yes, another newbie with questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I just wanted to say thanks to all of these incredible people on this board that are giving advice about all of these newbie questions. Being one myself, I have a few hardware questions and another regarding the juice that I ordered.
I ordered this starter kit eGo 650mAh w/ CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com with this juice 4-Star General E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com with the 48mg nicotine.

I’m thinking now that the 48mg may be way over the top. My rational on that was that the higher nicotine concentration would minimize my vapes. I have never vaped so I am probably totally wrong in that thought. I’m a ½ pack to ¾ pack smoker of Marlboro Special Blend Reds at this time.

I am just wondering if there are any recommended accessories that could help with this starter kit that I have ordered. I’d like to start off with some good tobacco flavors but move on to fruit/cocktail flavors at some point in time.

My ultimate goal is to stop smoking and then get off of nicotine from there. I’m kind of inspired about reading all of these posts on this site about getting off the analogs and then off nicotine all together.

Thanks for any input.

Vlad

CannedWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Seattle, WA. USA
I suspect the 48 will be too much - you'll know right away when you vape it. TO salvage that particular juice, you could order 0 nic = one equal bottle will cut it to 24, 3 to 12, etc. Though, that may be a bit pricey for one flavor especially if you are just starting out.

it may make more sense to browse some of the supplier entries in the forum, look at the juice sites, and pick up a sampler pack. Most of the samplers are at 18 if they don't allow you to specify. generally speaking, 18 is the equivalent to a full cigarette but, that isn't an exact science. How you react is different than how I would. My advice there would be to get a couple different strengths from 12 - 24 until you are comfortable with what works best for you.

As for equipment, I would make sure you have a spare battery and clearo - that ensures that you can still vape if/when something happens to one of the batteries. it is always good advice to make sure you have a backup of whatever your delivery system is just in case.

Other than that, there isn't much you "need" however, there may be some things you want - like cases, additional clearos, more flavors, etc.

Welcome to ECF btw :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I just wanted to say thanks to all of these incredible people on this board that are giving advice about all of these newbie questions. Being one myself, I have a few hardware questions and another regarding the juice that I ordered.
I ordered this starter kit eGo 650mAh w/ CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com with this juice 4-Star General E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com with the 48mg nicotine.

I’m thinking now that the 48mg may be way over the top. My rational on that was that the higher nicotine concentration would minimize my vapes. I have never vaped so I am probably totally wrong in that thought. I’m a ½ pack to ¾ pack smoker of Marlboro Special Blend Reds at this time.

I am just wondering if there are any recommended accessories that could help with this starter kit that I have ordered. I’d like to start off with some good tobacco flavors but move on to fruit/cocktail flavors at some point in time.

My ultimate goal is to stop smoking and then get off of nicotine from there. I’m kind of inspired about reading all of these posts on this site about getting off the analogs and then off nicotine all together.

Thanks for any input.

Vlad

48 is going to be WAY over the top most likely. What I would do is buy a second bottle in 0mg and dilute one with the other. That particular store does do 0 nic of their flavors. :)

jclifford

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
salem nh
48 mg will probably be "way over the top". first sign of nicotine OD is headaches and nausea. It is always easier to vape more than vape less! I have started heavy smokers on 24 mg and they have told me it has satisfied their cravings. However, I do believe that nicotine tolerance is an individual thing.
The only suggestion I could see would be an additional ego battery, that way you can continue to vape while you are charging! Go with the 1100 or 1300 mah, Good luck on your journey....

Roots820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Columbia, MO
If you're asking for tobacco flavors I have found the naturally extracted tobacco liquids do it for me. Sampler packs are handy when searching for flavors. Heather's Heavenly Vapes has a good sampler. Look at the 2012 juice of the year results on this site for tobacco flavors from HHV and other vendors. Those poll results were very helpful for me to find vendors and flavors.

Oh, and 48mg sounds like a headache waiting to happen. Like others suggested, cut it with 0 nic of the same amount of the same flavor to drop it down to 24mg. Shake well!

jomay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Fremont, CA
Sir, I suggest getting a longer Ego battery for starters and get a Kanger Evod bcc, if your good with your hands you can rebuild the coil using different you tube guides and you don't need to buy a new coil head. also once you started to enjoy vaping, you will be interested in upgrading your PVs.

for your juice 48mg is too strong and you may just hate vaping using that all together. I suggest going to a B&M shops where you can sample flavors and get a good flavor.

I smoke Malboro reds and I started at 24mg and now im on 12mgs

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
WOWSER I smoked 1 1/2 PAD strong analogs and I began on 36 mg. I'd suggest either 12- 18 mg.

Anything 510 threaded will fit on your PV. Ohms wise from 1.7 to 2.2 ohms. As for flavors I strongly suggest you purchase sample packs until you know what area- tobacco, desserts, coffees, etc you enjoy.

I began at 36 mg X 50- 60+ ml per week and now down to 2 mg X 150 20 ml per week. I planned on quiitting last New Years and didn't- no big deal.
Best of Luck.

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
Yay! Another Noob!!! I love it, that means one more Vaper, and one more life saved from analogs! Welcome, friend!!! I am concerned that your selection of the high nic level will cause you to think vaping isn't for you. The kit looks good, the battery might be a little small, so keep a charger with you. I love all the suggestions of getting some 0 nic juice and cutting down that nic level. You will enjoy vaping! You will want to do it often! However, nicotine in vaping enters your body differently and since you were only 1/2-1 PAD with analogs (about where I was when I started vaping) and I want you to be careful about overdosing. A quick stop at one of the shops here on the board to order a bottle of lower nic to vape, or 0 nic to cut down what you have purchased will be a good next step. Please stay in touch on the forum and let us know how you are doing!

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Wow thanks for all of the suggestions and encouragement. I was wondering if this 510 XXL 2.5ml 1.5ohm Dual Coil Cartomizer will work with the setup in my OP? I was thinking that this would work well for any acidic juices that I pick up in the future. I was thinking that the starter I purchased would work well at home (I work out of a home office) and I'm thinking that I may grab an e-roll for portability when I'm out and about. I'll definitely pick up some 0mg juice to dilute the original juice I purchased.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Wow thanks for all of the suggestions and encouragement. I was wondering if this 510 XXL 2.5ml 1.5ohm Dual Coil Cartomizer will work with the setup in my OP? I was thinking that this would work well for any acidic juices that I pick up in the future. I was thinking that the starter I purchased would work well at home (I work out of a home office) and I'm thinking that I may grab an e-roll for portability when I'm out and about. I'll definitely pick up some 0mg juice to dilute the original juice I purchased.

Yes those should work well. 510 is the connection size and it will fit fine on the ego battery. You might consider the plunger kit from the same site to make cleaning cartomizers a little bit easier and extend their life. I think it is about $15.

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Thought I would post an update as a newbie on here about my first experience of vaping. I bought a Tobacco Red 30 0mg from a local B&M Revolution store with the thought of mixing it with 48mg I purchased. I vaped the Tobacco Red first to get an idea of the taste. Too sweet for a tobacco flavor right off the bat. I decided not to vape the 4-Star General 48mg straight up I that picked up from Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com so I'm not quite sure what it would taste like on its own but the mixture kind added a more robust flavor with what I would consider a deep throat hit compared to an analog.

I like to tip a few beers before I head off to bed and the vapor wasn't quite helping me. Is this normal? Between tipping a few and waking up in the morning I smoked 7 analogs and did not smoke anymore throughout the day, so I basically cut the analog smoking in half on my first day of vaping.

During my 2nd day of vaping I kind of felt nicotine deprived. I added a few extra drops of the 48mg and I was experiencing some much courser but that kind of got me through the day. I'm kind of figuring that I'm not doing things right by mixing these two different juices.

I'll have 40 of 24mg 50/50 Penny's-Girl E-Liquid coming in the next day or so as well as a 20 24mg 50/50 of Cotton Candy (Blueberry - Lemon) E-Liquid as well as new 510 Dual Coil XL Cartomizer 1.5ohm Chrome .

Looking forward to vaping a straight tobacco liquid and experiencing a more of a treat juice. I would appreciate any suggestions as I am obviously stocked up on juice for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread