Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroescence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Cali
Hello all,

Ill try and make this quick. I was the first customer to receive my Andromeda by Pi Modz and want to do a quick review of this amazing device. Please if you don't like the Andromeda or have a bunch of negative things to say, start you own thread about how you don't like the device. I love all things vape and want to share this with you, Not argue with you. Were are all here as hobbyist or people trying to quit smoking, Lets support this great hobby not HATE on it.

Okay, first off I want to say this... Pi Modz has some of the best CS in the industry. I showed a lot of enthusiasm when Dragomoon (the Modder) first posted this device and he was excellent from start to finish.

1. Packaging: It is packaged in a nice basic wooden box with a dense foam fitted for the device. The exterior of the box has a laser etched logo. It comes with a short instruction card on how to operate the device.

2. Design: The Device is similar to the ZNA in its form factor, but thats where the similarities end. The body is CNC machined 6061 billet aluminum coated with a scratch and corrosive resistant layer. The battery tube is lathed 316 stainless steel. The threads are as smooth as Cashmere coated in butter. All connections made in the device are solid copper not plated copper. It uses one 18650 battery. The bottom cap uses a stiff spring with a solid copper contact and there is absolutely no battery rattle with any of the 18650's I have used.

3. Electronics: The Andromeda uses a modified SX350 chip. The wires were enlarged from a factory 20 gauge wire to a larger 16 gauge wire at the request of Pi Modz as the chip is upgradeable for more wattage. It has a 50W max currently but YiHi the manufacturer of the chip released an upgrade this last weekend to 60W. It is update-able using a USB mini connected to your computer and device. 5w-50w variable wattage and is rated to fire from 0.2ohm to 3.0 ohm. It has a bypass mode to allow it to function somewhat as a mechanical device. Adjustments are made via a gravity switch, which you tilt the device left or right for up and down. I wasn't sure if I would like that but it is very easy to use and keeps the device sleek and buttons out of the way of being hit while using the device. I have used the device with many different atomizers, the ohms readings and wattage to firing voltage are very accurate. Much more so then my DNA devices. On startup it displays the Pi Modz logo.

4.Over-all: I have only had the Andromeda for a few days, and I have to say it is my favorite device I own or have owned. As you'll see below I have quite a few devices and have sold or traded just as many. It is very well built and precise. It feels as if you could drop it out of a high-rise building and then pick it up and continue vaping. It is not light or too heavy. The fire button has a very positive click and fires flawlessly. I love all the deep engraving all over the device. The floating solid copper pin design is amazing and all my atomizers have sat flush. At $350 the Andromeda is not for everyone. But if you want one of the best single 18650 VW devices on the market or something built to last for a very long time and can afford it, Well then the Andromeda by Pi Modz might be for you.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread