Status
Not open for further replies.

lambolover808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
Apollo Beach, FL, USA
Wow! The first ever emoticon that I have ever used is going to be.. :pop:

I simply cannot wait to see what happens in here on Monday.

While I am usually unreasonably critical and overtly harsh in my thoughts and opinions of how sd conducts himself on this forum, I can't help but feel like the ulimate SnowDragon fanboy at this moment...

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
Very interesting. Mine should be here soon and Ill let you know what I think. The OMG seems to be an 808 improved Bolt style so Im assuming this is not an older VV Tox version either. I have been wrong before,but I usually have a little faith in V4L. Hope they chime in and let us know. I agree there are cheaper VV units available,but check on the warranty before you jump on one.

SAG

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
STL
lol Lambo! I wouldn't hold your breath for monday's activities due to the fact there's a history of responses on the forum from V4L. New website, funky juice batches, sloppy order fills........ Like I told CS on thursday, "I WANT to stay with V4L, but it is getting hard". I love their XL titan manuals.
Sad, mad, mostly just sad.

Keyzy, I'm trying to "have faith".

Last edited:

MissEmma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
West Virginia
Wow! The first ever emoticon that I have ever used is going to be.. :pop:

I simply cannot wait to see what happens in here on Monday.

While I am usually unreasonably critical and overtly harsh in my thoughts and opinions of how sd conducts himself on this forum, I can't help but feel like the ulimate SnowDragon fanboy at this moment...

and a good emoticon it is ;)

bjfgator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Nutter Fort, WV
Does anyone have any hot dogs or marshmallows?

Bonfire_5.jpg

MissEmma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
West Virginia
Mine, I am hoping, will be here tomorrow. I am not sure what I am going to do with it though?! I had faith in V4L that they wouldn't sell us a POS but from what I have read, if it is what people believe it is, its not a good choice.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

What is the warranty on it?

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I agree I am interested to see Mr Ms thorough review of the unit. I don't hold a terrible amount of hope that it is any better than the other reviews and info available are saying. I also went off and read several of the threads linked above when doing my preliminary research,.and was not too impressed with what I saw.

Nonetheless I'm interested to learn what Mr Morandirs thoughts are.

I also agree that it would be prudent for them to respond somehow fairly soon, in order to avoid negative impressions being left...

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

LadyStrick9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado
Well, I've been keeping quiet, trying to do my own research and come to an unbiased opinion. Frankly, as it stands right now, I can't argue with the data I've been reading.

I've been with V4L almost since the beginning of the new forum. Anyone who knows me, knows that I've been as loyal as an old hunting dog. But, this isn't the first time I've felt a sting of disappointment in the past few weeks/months. I was hoping it was a temporary "hump", but I don't think so. It's starting to feel more like a steady diet of deception and greed.

I would, in the past, typically defend V4L or say nothing, hoping things like this would work themselves out. But, now, that seems counter-productive. And, it really hurts me to feel this way about a company to which I've been so very devoted. I really don't think I'd feel this strongly if someone from V4L would have simply responded to some of these questions and concerns. Nothing asked seemed unreasonable to me. But, as pointed out in more than one post, since not one person from V4L has bothered to respond, that in itself sends a negative message.

I'm not saying I will never trust them again, but I am saying it would take some honest explanations before I would consider having faith in some of the products. I look at it this way, if a company will "gouge" or deceive me with one product, how can I have faith in other products? Speaking for myself ...I can't.

Last edited:

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I was one of the lucky folks to try out the first 'omg' (aka smoktek woo). I ended up getting concerned enough about issues I later learned about to stop using it. While some of the burden was on me to know about what I'm buying, I was surprised that V4L was even selling it (and it was quickly dropped from the product line). Since then I have become much more wary of offered mods, and certainly would wait a long time now to wait for dust to settle before jumping on any future products.

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah one thing I can not grasp the idea of. Why did Mr. M or even Snow not get one of the new devices to test before it actually came out? I mean one quick search you can find info about the device this at least looks exactly like. If they would have done this before they announced it they could even tell V4L that it was a bad idea or tell them its good and when it gets announced they would have info for us right away.

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
Still no response, so here is all the info I could find......and the last of my time for input on this. Caveat Emptor

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...812-vision-tox-vv-litecigusa-net-69-95-a.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...itzer-anyone-tried-both-suppliers-list-4.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...v-aka-howitzer-aka-gs-sub-yet-dying-hear.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-apv-reviews/301363-gs-vv-mod-aka-vision-tox.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ision-tox-cannon-vv-gotvapes-yesterday-2.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/272822-vision-tox-metal-heads-back-stock.html

5 of the 9 U.S. Based Resellers of the GS Sub/ Vision Tox:
Add edit: Correction 7 of 9 discontinued, 2 selling as no warranty/no return with disclaimer.

Liticigusa: Discontinued
Kalamazoo: Discontinued
Gotvapes: Discontinued
Vaporheads- No Warranty/No Return/Disclaimer: Vision TOX POS
Discountvapor- No Warranty/No Return/Disclaimer: Vision TOX Variable Volt - Unit Only

Other video reviews:

Vision TOX Review - YouTube

The Frustrator, GS-SUB, Vision TOX, Howitzer review. - YouTube

Its a pretty flakey mod to be honest. I still use it because i paid $69.00 for it back when it first came out, so im not going to let it go to waste. If I had to do over - I would not have bought it. I like the fact I can use different batteries, and the display is nicer then the Lavatubes but it has the same exact "protections". You cant fire low res or dual coils above 3.7v even though its set to a much higher voltage. If that mod is simply a re-branded old Vision Tox without any revisions to its head unit you may feel let down. I don't want to the supplier to get duped either from the manufacturer.

Dont get me wrong it will fire higher voltages on higher ohm stuff. Its just not explained to you that this mod has big limitations. It wont allow you to fire 4.2v into a 1.8ohm single coil cartomizer. It may say its 4.2v on the screen, but its more like 3.3-3.4v.

Get a 510 volt meter and you will see what i mean.

If you need an 18650 tube for it..
http://www.litecigusa.net/Vari_Tube_18650_battery_tube_p/tox-tube-18650.htm

Last edited:

bjfgator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Nutter Fort, WV
Yeah one thing I can not grasp the idea of. Why did Mr. M or even Snow not get one of the new devices to test before it actually came out? I mean one quick search you can find info about the device this at least looks exactly like. If they would have done this before they announced it they could even tell V4L that it was a bad idea or tell them its good and when it gets announced they would have info for us right away.

I was wondering the same thing Dirtay J. I wonder if anyone else was wondering that, too. I can't imagine, with all the inquiring minds on this forum, that others weren't wondering the same thing that we were wondering.:?:
The only plausible explanation I could imagine was that they were lost in the mail, or pilfered. You know the postal service recently posted gigantic losses. Perhaps they are gathering items for a garage sale to make money. You don't think that is what happened do you? :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread