Annoying Smoking Everywhere Salesman..

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
I was in the Mall of New Hampshire today, and i saw a SE kiosk, (with my 510 in my pocket in a case) and he was vaping pretty much in peoples faces as they walked by (busy mall) but i was on the other side of the mall, with my girlfriend; so i didnt think too much of it.

On the way out, about an hour later; he was hassling some teenager-looking (i dont know how old she was) girl, who looked really interested. i walked up (preteding to be an interested customer) and didnt say anything really; she was sorta chatting him up, "yeah.. i used to smoke cloves but with the stupid ******* ban, i've been smoking american spirits and they taste terrible!" and he was all "yeah these taste great! we have ___ and ___ and blahblah" she tried it and liked it, obviously. he then started pushing her to buy a ton of carts and she said "oh, i have to go to the atm, ill be right back!" (i would have butted in if she tried to purchase it then and there)

while she was walking away, i jogged up next to her and told her they were a ripoff, and showed her my 510 with the case (which SE doesnt have and its way more money) and told her i got it and two full 510's for ~$60 and that you can fill your own carts for really cheap, gave her this website too. woot!

derek5L

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Austin, TX
After I received my 510 Starter kit in the mail, it took me all of 4 days to go through the nic provided in the prefilled carts that came with my order.I had qickly learned about buying juice and refilling my own, so I ordered some online. Unfortunately, it wouldnt be here until around 5 days later. (luckily it was a fairly big order) I was determined not to light up any cigs, so I began looking around town for possible retailers. I went to a mall here in Austin and saw these guys. My jaw dropped when he told me how much a 30 ml bottle of marlb juice costs. $75! WTF??? I said I would have to test it out, so he let me try some of his bottle on display. Tasted horrible, and I have been talking down on them ever since. I sure hope the powers that be never start running those kinds of prices everywhere.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Believe it or not, the only kiosk SE seller I talked with didn't know there were better PV's out there. He wasn't foolin me, he really didn't know. I showed him my 510 and Janty Stick and I think it blew him away. I don't know how these guys get in the SE kiosk business, but maybe they're just ignorant salesmen, trying to earn a living.

It's fun to save people from these inferior products, but I'll never believe I wasted $75 on that Njoy kit I got and didn't work too well, because it introduced me to PV's and I'm grateful for that!

Psyc

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sydney, Australia
We don't have them in the malls over here, but I'd have a difficult time hating them. On one hand the "subscription" service I heard about (was that SE? Blu?) crosses the line into attempting to lock people into paying you for their addiction, which makes you no better than organizations funding the FDA's crusade. On the other, if someone in a mall had turned me on to this stuff two years ago I'd have loved them for it even if I did some research and never purchased there again.

Yeah, they're overpriced, but so is the 7-11 I used to buy my smokes from and I never threw a fit about paying $3 more a pack there. As long as they're not deliberately misleading or attempting to lock people into a contract, good on them for spreading the (albeit overpriced) love.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Believe it or not, the only kiosk SE seller I talked with didn't know there were better PV's out there. He wasn't foolin me, he really didn't know. I showed him my 510 and Janty Stick and I think it blew him away. I don't know how these guys get in the SE kiosk business, but maybe they're just ignorant salesmen, trying to earn a living.

It's fun to save people from these inferior products, but I'll never believe I wasted $75 on that Njoy kit I got and didn't work too well, because it introduced me to PV's and I'm grateful for that!

I was talking to a clerk at the local Sears - a college kid that was "selling" blu cigs online - actually only "redirecting" online customers - he never saw an actual ecig until he saw my 510. He just takes orders... 'made $125 last week' he said.

Madness008

Sep 27, 2009
Austin, Tx
smoking everywhere are spending the money to rent kiosks and advertising on google adsense (which is how i found them-saw the ad while chatting on a sports message board.) They have to charge more to cover their costs. Their marketing is slimy - pics of washed up c-list celebs on their website and a ticking counter on their site telling you the "special price" of $100 for one cig is off if you dont buy within 6 minutes - but still i would never have considered e-cigs if it werent for them. And as a product, you could argue these are worth that money. Just so happens that they can be had elsewhere for dirt cheap. I paid $36 for my 510 starter which had two e-cigs......thats more insanely cheap than smoking everywhere is insanely expensive in my personal opinion.

Last edited:

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
I hate these scam sites as well that attempt to lock you in with these monthly deliveries and high prices. It makes me sick to think of all the poor suckers that got roped into that and then had to fight them and stress over that crap once they realized they had been rooked! It's retailers/resellers like that which are really giving these things another bad rap as scams. People think 3 things at the moment when you mention E-Cigs, the FDA, antifreeze, and scam.

Madness008

Sep 27, 2009
Austin, Tx
The worst thing about the smoking everywhere monthly charge is that your "monthly supply" of cartridges is only 35 carts. For someone like me, that would last about 12 days and id be screwed for the rest of the month. If i bought as many carts as i needed id probably spend more monthly than i did on cigarettes. That aspect of their pricing is just a flat out rip off. But the cost of the e-cig I can understand being more to cover the aggressive advertising costs and the mall locations.

SharpandPointy

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Taxachusetts
When I first started looking into ecigs, I found this forum and started reading a bit. I heard quite a bit of positive things about vaping but I wanted to try one first hand before I went out and bought one. Someone told me they were at the mall and I went to check it out. I went to the Rockingham Mall in NH and sure enough, there was the SE kiosk. I stopped and looked at a few items on display. The salesman came around from the other side and my first impression was this guy is a crazed .... Addict. Skinny as a rail and ALL of his teeth were black. He started talking and didn't shut up for about ten minutes. Once he was done blabbering, I asked him if I could try one. He took the one that he was smoking, wiped it off with a tissue and handed it to me. I laughed and told him he must be joking. I wan't going to put that thing in my mouth after he was using it. I wanted to try a new one that hasn't been contaminated with who know's what. He was very hesitant but finally opened a new box of cartridges, assembled it and handed it to me. It's wasn't all that bad. The draw was tough but overall, I thought this may do the trick for me. I inquired about the different packages they had and in the end, the starter pack was $175. I told him I had seen complete packages on the net for under $60. Now he starts rambling on that all that internet junk is not worth the money....blah blah, blah. That was my queue to leave. Funny thing is, as I was leaving, there were 3 people behind me waiting.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
wlecom to free market economy
the reason they get away with charging that much is the most of there costemers are illinformed and to them there are no competors that mall patrons know about.
the why to ES prices down is to put respectable e-cig merchents at the mall
For the record, that was me you saw at the mall and our product is NOT smoking everywhere. Although our products are expensive we have a legitimate warranty that justifies it. Lifetime replacement on all electronic parts. SE claims that but my understanding is that they don't honor it. Talk to any of my customers and they will tell you just how awesome my customer service is. Believe me the two products are far from the same thing.

m1273c

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Texas, U.S.A.
Although I do agree that SE is not the most economical, nor best choice of unit, what they do do is spread the word about the option. I wouldn't have even known about this until I saw a newscast about SE. Fortunately, I am not a "take it at face value" kind of person and immediately went online to research and found this site. I researched for 3 weeks prior to ordering my merchandise - I am breathlessly "literally lol" awaiting my delivery Tuesday - from an online supplier. I have also informed my local smoke shop about the myriad choices of units; they are looking into expanding their selection and also carrying juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread