Another “first mech” thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions, I actually sat on my hands with this for a bit. Then as I was getting some juices and cotton and whatnot I stumbled across this number (black and copper number):

Tauren Mech Mod

read the reviews, watched the reviews (as many as I could) and for the price I thought "why the hell not?" so hopefully I'll be able to post a review on it shortly. Just don't expect voltage drop tests (on one of the reviews the drop came in at 0.73) :p

Thanks again guys

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
I have a broadside clone from fasttech.best mod i own,so good I'm getting an authentic broadside soon.make sure to get the Culverin Rda with it,works as a great hybrid Rda as well as a normal rda.the underground rda tube mod combo from fasttech is great to.now watch out becouse the battery in the broadside as well as most new mec mods go in upside down not the "normal way"becouse to be 100% honest it Dont matter only a hand full of mec mods have firing pins that will touch a positive button on a battery when it's in the mod anyways.

Reactions: stols001

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
By the way most tubes that blow is user error.when that battery goes into thermal runaway which that battery in the pic did,that's not just a "vent".if air holes mean that much to you and it's a mod you want just drill some in the tube you just need a drill,a vise and some rubber to hold the tube so you don't bite it with the vise.99.9% of all mods have vent holes at the bottom of the mod........why is this?because the battery supposed to be at the bottom but people keep acting like this is 2009.I love vaping with all my heart but some of the old school urban legends that stick around and people get so mad about kill me

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
If it is a regular metal tubed mod (no liner) it is safer to put the battery in negative down in case of a sleeve tear on the battery. Build safely and thermal runaway is nigh on ruled out, but positive down and tearing the wrap could cause a hard short. I’d sooner have a mod auto fire than short out.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
If it is a regular metal tubed mod (no liner) it is safer to put the battery in negative down in case of a sleeve tear on the battery. Build safely and thermal runaway is nigh on ruled out, but positive down and tearing the wrap could cause a hard short. I’d sooner have a mod auto fire than short out.
Most modz now days are +down and u shod never have a bad wrap and looking at ur cells before u put them in just seems like a lot here are just way old school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Most modz now days are +down and u shod never have a bad wrap and looking at ur cells before u put them in just seems like a lot here are just way old school

I get a little paranoid with my wraps, started getting into the habit of changing the wraps as soon as I get them and I'm thinking 6 months service life in anything that's not regulated.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I get a little paranoid with my wraps, started getting into the habit of changing the wraps as soon as I get them and I'm thinking 6 months service life in anything that's not regulated.

That’s all it is just go over your wraps I only use my cells for 90 days but I push my cells
e83253a9938488003a930301803061df.jpeg

I still run +down in this mech there is vents in the switch as in the top

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That is lovely.

LOL I will say "not pushing cells" is kind of a personal goal of mine, mech or not, although I'm glad to hear you aren't keeping them a long time.... I guess. LOL I had the same argument with that twit kid of mine, and well, he thinks "pulsing" cells is fine, too. I think I may have scared him off a bit because yesterday he showed up with the regulated mod I ALSO gave him (I gave him an Ephro Armor mod and Panther RDA I won, hoping to move him from a Juul. He has moved from a Juul, but I bet he's still pushing his cells at home when he's dripping.

Oh well at least it's protected, and that is a lovely setup is MAINLY what I wanted to say. I don't want controversy either, as (unless it's my kid) I absolutely feel all mech users (once experienced) should do what they feel is best FOR THEM because I've given up on that argument and etc. Very lovely though hope you have it for a LONG time and I do mean that NON sarcastically.

Anna

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
That is lovely.

LOL I will say "not pushing cells" is kind of a personal goal of mine, mech or not, although I'm glad to hear you aren't keeping them a long time.... I guess. LOL I had the same argument with that twit kid of mine, and well, he thinks "pulsing" cells is fine, too. I think I may have scared him off a bit because yesterday he showed up with the regulated mod I ALSO gave him (I gave him an Ephro Armor mod and Panther RDA I won, hoping to move him from a Juul. He has moved from a Juul, but I bet he's still pushing his cells at home when he's dripping.

Oh well at least it's protected, and that is a lovely setup is MAINLY what I wanted to say. I don't want controversy either, as (unless it's my kid) I absolutely feel all mech users (once experienced) should do what they feel is best FOR THEM because I've given up on that argument and etc. Very lovely though hope you have it for a LONG time and I do mean that NON sarcastically.

Anna

JEEBUS your kid has it good :p all that sweet gear from his mother dearest!!!

• Love

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, pretty much my kid can come over and select what he chooses. LOL thank God he's not really a MTL vaper then we might have issues.

I did immediately REPLACE the Ephro Mod and Panther that I won, because IT is AWESOME.

But my kid, yes, he can pretty much have what he wants. The husband too. LOL for our 15th wedding anniversary I actually bought him something I thought HE would like.

He did. I asked him what he thought he was getting and he said vape gear.

I answered, "Um you are still dual using you get NO vape gear at ALL till you quit, I mean other than coils and whatnot."

I think the husband might be a DL vaper, he just doesn't know it yet. I'm going to set one up for him and say nothing.

LOL I am also currently a dual user although no PLANS to smoke today although I am considering upping ONE of my setups to 50 mg/ml nic salts. Maybe. IDK.

LOL.

Anna

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Yeah, pretty much my kid can come over and select what he chooses. LOL thank God he's not really a MTL vaper then we might have issues.

I did immediately REPLACE the Ephro Mod and Panther that I won, because IT is AWESOME.

But my kid, yes, he can pretty much have what he wants. The husband too. LOL for our 15th wedding anniversary I actually bought him something I thought HE would like.

He did. I asked him what he thought he was getting and he said vape gear.

I answered, "Um you are still dual using you get NO vape gear at ALL till you quit, I mean other than coils and whatnot."

I think the husband might be a DL vaper, he just doesn't know it yet. I'm going to set one up for him and say nothing.

LOL I am also currently a dual user although no PLANS to smoke today although I am considering upping ONE of my setups to 50 mg/ml nic salts. Maybe. IDK.

LOL.

Anna

AND YOUR HUSBAND TOO!??!???!!? WELL FUG!!!! Also getting vape gear for your birthday, very practical :)

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
That is lovely.

Anna

Thank no I’m all done with “controversy” I vape how I vape lol thank you for your nice words haha will never list my ohms in this forum agen just “I push my cells” haha

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
To be fair, I won a lot of stuff early on. Some of it is just generosity to my relatives and etc.

One might say I was on a winning streak there for a while, I currently feel I am on a "losing my mind" streak, but so life goes, not always in the way that suits a person. I gotta get going here soon. Gah.

Anna

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
I feel you @Outcast never lost how low you go you'll have 20 people telling you how "CRAZY!!!!" and "IRRESPONSIBLE!!!!!" You are then they quote the ohm's law about 50 timeslol I have seen so many new vapers(I know you're not new so I don't mean you)get treated so bad just because they said they vape at .20 and a lil below that.more then anything I learned to know my battery.some get hot at .30 others like the Samsung 30q I have taken down to .12 didn't even get warm.like this old myth of "batterys go positive up "some mods go positive up, some down and just like you said some have vent holes too and bottom.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Everyone is free to set whatever standards of safety for themselves as they please. If you choose to "push your batteries", that's on you. You are aware of the risks and you accept the potential consequences.

However, on a public forum many novices come here to ask questions specifically about safety limits. As veterans, I believe it is our responsibility as a community to educate these newcomers to practice on the "conservative" side of the line for their sake. Staying within their battery's continuous discharge amp rating is considered to be the standard on this forum.

Ohm's Law. I don't understand it entirely, but I can easily determine what is "safer" by using a simple ohm's law calculator. Know your battery's true amp limit (continuous discharge rating, not the useless "pulse" rating) and know the amp draw of the coil. Don't exceed the amp draw with the particular battery you use. It's simply that simple. That's the only two things we need to know about Ohm's Law.

Concerning the battery orientation question, I believe the user should orient the battery according to what the mod manufacturer recommends. If the product description doesn't say, contact the manufacturer. Some mods are designed for the + end to be oriented towards the atomizer, while others are designed for the + to be oriented towards the firing pin (bottom).

Vent holes? I just hope that the mech has some at all, because I see so many with NONE. That is literally a pipe bomb waiting to happen. You're a fool if you use a mech that has no vent holes, IMHO.

Are top vent holes or bottom vent holes preferred? To me, it depends upon the battery orientation. Batteries are actually designed with a weak spot under the + end to allow venting to best avoid the battery from exploding during early battery failure. IMHO, the vent holes should be located near the + end of the battery (where ever that is) because that is where the hot gas will accumulate first. I would not depend upon the gas traveling the length of the tube if the holes are in the other end -- the insulating wrap and battery cell can swell/expand in size blocking access to the vent holes. Some manufacturers leave no space in the battery compartment to prevent battery "rattle". Then you essentually have useless vent holes and an enclosed metal tube.

Last edited:

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
The (+) end aka the (positive)end is where battery's do vent from.most mods now a days go positive side down.but what I was talking about is how every or at lest most veterans tell new vapers how they should always put the battery positive side up.I was just pointing out how that is wrong.to my other point yes you're 100% right about us guys (and women)that have been vaping for along time, it is our job to educate the newcomers to the vape game but not how allot of these guys do it.I watch a kid get put down and belittled on one thread for 3 days till a moderator closed it because of how dumb he was because the guy had efest bats now that's not right at all.I've seen so many people get scared off of the "public forums" because us veterans to the game know it all.I don't mean you just saying in general.and a guys get a series mod question wrong and basically put down and laughed at straight out the group because he didn't know ohms law.sorry but he just not cool and can be handled way more mature.js,if we're going to teach then we need to act like teachers not know it all .....$$e$.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Hi All,

Please PLEASE read my thread on the unboxing - I discovered a potentially big flaw in the design. Really need to make sure if anyone has thought about getting one or does get one that they are aware. The ball bearing in the switch design will cause an auto fire if it's tipped on its side.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
Hi All,
How do I get to it.I've been a member to this page for years but only started commenting recently.still finding stuff out.lol
Please PLEASE read my thread on the unboxing - I discovered a potentially big flaw in the design. Really need to make sure if anyone has thought about getting one or does get one that they are aware. The ball bearing in the switch design will cause an auto fire if it's tipped on its side.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
If you're it's that new mod.........the one with a ram of it I forgot the name.it has a lil ball bearing in the switch of it.grim green did a review of it.they sent him a new switch,it's packed in some kinda no smell,no taste kinda grease or something.did say anything about auto firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread