Another “first mech” thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
If you're it's that new mod.........the one with a ram of it I forgot the name.it has a lil ball bearing in the switch of it.grim green did a review of it.they sent him a new switch,it's packed in some kinda no smell,no taste kinda grease or something.did say anything about auto firing.

Yes grease is going to help (electrostatic grease) however it's not a physical barrier or failsafe. Might sound finicky but the grease can fade or get washed out or in the event that the ball pushes through the grease. Yes it might help but it's not what I would call a proper solution and rather a band-aid. Feel free to disagree, once I figured it out I posted. The rattle was when they shook it up and down, none of the reviews I've seen have actually shown this happening and I don't know if anyone would have thought about it. So hence why I felt like I had to say it (especially since I have praised it).

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
Yes you're 100% right.funny thing it's they sent him the new switch because he was complaining about that lil ball bearing rattlingcrazy about yours tho.I'm on lots of ecig forums and yours is a first on this.hay my broadside mod will auto fire it the bottom housing isnt calibrated right.is it something you've done?maybe you've tightened something to tight?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The (+) end aka the (positive)end is where battery's do vent from.most mods now a days go positive side down.but what I was talking about is how every or at lest most veterans tell new vapers how they should always put the battery positive side up.I was just pointing out how that is wrong.to my other point yes you're 100% right about us guys (and women)that have been vaping for along time, it is our job to educate the newcomers to the vape game but not how allot of these guys do it.I watch a kid get put down and belittled on one thread for 3 days till a moderator closed it because of how dumb he was because the guy had efest bats now that's not right at all.I've seen so many people get scared off of the "public forums" because us veterans to the game know it all.I don't mean you just saying in general.and a guys get a series mod question wrong and basically put down and laughed at straight out the group because he didn't know ohms law.sorry but he just not cool and can be handled way more mature.js,if we're going to teach then we need to act like teachers not know it all .....$$e$.

First I want to say I'm not posting this to say your wrong, or to fuel a fight. I actually agree with some of your points. But I do want to say most of those threads I have read start off politely guiding people to proper methods, but then gets out of hand when people start taking sides (like if it is safe to run 0.xx ohms on this battery or not) and there are always some of us on both sides of that topic and it always takes (at least) two to argue. Then there are some people that does not listen to advice unless someone makes a big deal out of it, when advice is given lightly these kind of folks take it lightly.

But I do see more posts that are fight free that deal with these topics than the ones that break out into fights.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Yes you're 100% right.funny thing it's they sent him the new switch because he was complaining about that lil ball bearing rattlingcrazy about yours tho.I'm on lots of ecig forums and yours is a first on this.hay my broadside mod will auto fire it the bottom housing isnt calibrated right.is it something you've done?maybe you've tightened something to tight?

Could very well be that I've done something wrong - but when it came to the rattle everyone was concerned more about the noise, no one mentioned anything about auto-fire. I took it apart last night, cleaned and dried and assembled exactly as it had come out, and it's never been on its side until now as I've been around the house rather than at work which is when I noticed it. so I've done as much as I can think of to diagnose and as far as replication it's when it's on either on it's side or a steep enough incline where the ball bearing shifts. Which ties into the looseness of the ball bearing and rattle.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
First I want to say I'm not posting this to say your wrong, or to fuel a fight. I actually agree with some of your points. But I do want to say most of those threads I have read start off politely guiding people to proper methods, but then gets out of hand when people start taking sides (like if it is safe to run 0.xx ohms on this battery or not) and there are always some of us on both sides of that topic and it always takes (at least) two to argue. Then there are some people that does not listen to advice unless someone makes a big deal out of it, when advice is given lightly these kind of folks take it lightly.

But I do see more posts that are fight free that deal with these topics than the ones that break out into fights.
I say you're 100% right way more people try to help and I see a lot of calm threads I'm not saying it like (lol)alot of people just rip into some poor guy that asked a question and sometimes it's the person's bad attitude that amplified the post and he gets owned and clicks offline crying.but I don't agree with the "it takes two"thing.I have seen people get straight abused in post and I don't want you to think that this talk we're having reflects on me and you.I don't think you was saying I'm wrong.you actually seen like a very well informed and smart guy that sees things from a variety of sides.but yea I have seen alot of good people that could have been vapers probably get scared off by nuts online some trying to just help but took it to far.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
Could very well be that I've done something wrong - but when it came to the rattle everyone was concerned more about the noise, no one mentioned anything about auto-fire. I took it apart last night, cleaned and dried and assembled exactly as it had come out, and it's never been on its side until now as I've been around the house rather than at work which is when I noticed it. so I've done as much as I can think of to diagnose and as far as replication it's when it's on either on it's side or a steep enough incline where the ball bearing shifts. Which ties into the looseness of the ball bearing and rattle.
That sucks because that mod looks like a really good mod and that button seemed like a step in the right direction.innovation dont happen very often in the mec mod world.I say you contact that seller as fast a possible and tell them you need a full refund or you need another mod.I think (just me throwing this out there)when the ball is on the side of the mod it's making a connection with the top and bottom plus the side.which is completing the circuit in return is auto firing that bad boy.I know its an authentic because they don't make a clone of that mod.I say it's just a faulty switch, which is scary.I mean really scary!!!

• Agree
Reactions: escapetovape

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
That sucks because that mod looks like a really good mod and that button seemed like a step in the right direction.innovation dont happen very often in the mec mod world.I say you contact that seller as fast a possible and tell them you need a full refund or you need another mod.I think (just me throwing this out there)when the ball is on the side of the mod it's making a connection with the top and bottom plus the side.which is completing the circuit in return is auto firing that bad boy.I know its an authentic because they don't make a clone of that mod.I say it's just a faulty switch, which is scary.I mean really scary!!!

tell me about it, no friggin way that should happen. I had it in my pocket and heard it spatter and had a hard time grabbing it because it was hot. Immediately pulled the battery out and let it cool.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
Ok so check this out.I'm at my doctors office and I was playing with my broadside mod and it starts to auto fire.I calmly know what to do because it had been doing it off and on all that morning because like I said I messed with the button housing and was calibrating it back to the way it supposed to be.not like it was truly auto firing but ya know.as I take the top cap off(it was in hybrid mode)it stopped i took the bottom off and unscrewed the bottom a lil and put the button back on.as I look up everyone ran away from mewith the way the news talks and other people saying bad things about mods these poor people all thought my mod was going to blow up.once again in my life I had to explain to 20 people what was up.told them why mods really vent and so on and so on.talked 3 of them into vaping have them a blu a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread