Another battery lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyfighter

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Ok, so I've been enjoying my 401 immensely, its my main vape. Problem is, since I got it (28-32 days ago), I've lost two manual batteries for no apparent reason.

The situation was the same in both cases. I leave the battery on my desk and go into the other room and vape for a bit. When I go to get the battery, the LED is turning on and off like I was pushing the button (small fade up and fade down, not like dead batt blinking). When I try to use the battery, it'll turn on the LED but it won't activate the atomizer....

What's the deal?

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
Ok, so I've been enjoying my 401 immensely, its my main vape. Problem is, since I got it (28-32 days ago), I've lost two manual batteries for no apparent reason.

The situation was the same in both cases. I leave the battery on my desk and go into the other room and vape for a bit. When I go to get the battery, the LED is turning on and off like I was pushing the button (small fade up and fade down, not like dead batt blinking). When I try to use the battery, it'll turn on the LED but it won't activate the atomizer....

What's the deal?
I had the same problem with my 901 manuals. I always put them on the charger and they stopped having the issue... Some were fully charged.

I did have some of the switches sticking. The 901s have low switches and can get stuck.

Maybe the atty is fried too? Try that on another battery if you now have one.

Power hiccups (that I couldn't notice, and some that I could) cause the chargers to behave funny and this seem to carry over to the battery. Cycling the power TO the chargers, and the batteries (then giving them a full charge) worked great in my case.Come to think of it, I did in fact have a dead burnt smelling battery. The board inside fried? Maybe it is end of life, or shorting?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread