Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Background:

Black Cana Dna30 clone purchased from Elev8.

Received June 3 in the morning.
flawless finish and function.

Usually used in the 15w to 20w range with a couple of drippers and kayfuns. Very briefly run with .55ohm dripper at 30w.

No Kangers or clearos at all.

Fast forward 24hrs later -

I decided that the VTC4 just wasnt cutting it for me for battery life so I was going to either swap out for a Efest35a or VTC5.
As fate had it there was a 35a just an arm length away so that is what I grabbed.

It displayed only about half full when installed so I plugged it in and went about my day.

Roughly an hour later I go back to check on it and it is about 80 percent full. Good enough.

I throw on an atty and take a vape and notice (or so I thought) that it had somehow switched to stealth mode. But then I notice it will not lock or function at all besides its ability to fire. No display at all.

So I decide to re-install the battery.
And now I am more concerned, because nothing happens at all! Screen is still dead and it won't fire etc etc. However a couple of minutes later I notice the screen lights up and displays the locked message.

And to recap my loss of screen and functions continues off and on for another hour or so. Sometimes, I have full function but no screen, sometimes it just fires and so on and so forth.

Eventually I set it aside and just grab a mech instead. Havent used it for a couple hours BUT the screen hasnt gone anywhere since.

I did speak to Arlind from Elev8 over the phone, and assured me he would take care of it. He was very polite and professional and took the time to ask me questions to make sure I am not a dummy and that I didnt just have it stealth mode and made sure I was happy with it otherwise.

So I dont know if I want to hold on to it for a little longer and roll the dice now that it seems stable again but I will probably just return before the end of the week.

The lesson here is not do not buy clones, because browse this board and look at all the issues others have had with genuine VV-VW mods. The lesson is make sure you have AT LEAST one good ol reliable mech on hand. And as luck would have it, I got a copper Hades in the mail today too.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
So true electronics are electronics and if you spent 250 bucks it still could fail....

If mine failed I would still buy another clone I could buy 3 1/2 new ones before I get to the price of a authentic one which could also fail because electronics are electronics.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
I would bet by leaving battery out for extended time (drain voltage out of chip) it resets then works good again. A reboot like alot of electronics.

For how long?

I was going to do that when I got off work but it started working fine and decided to test my luck. It has been fine for about 6hrs now.
But I have not been using it heavily so time will tell.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
My hat is off to Elev8 and Arlind for doing things the right way.
There is just so much money in the vape market right now that it seems any joe schmoe with a 6 dollar website is starting a business and can still make money while treating customers like trash.

anywho, here is to crossing my fingers to just having a temporary glitch

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Sounds like the person you talked to and that company is a good, professional company. Good to know because I highly doubt 101 would've handled that situation in a similar fashion.

Really now why? I've dealt with most vendors over the last year including 101 vape. I found them very good a helping with problems with stuff purchased from them. I rate their CS up there with Smoktek, Kidney Puncher and others that I've returned items that have failed within the first 30 days of use. Answered a few questions and sent it back got another in return. Most of these vendors care about their reputations especially in groups like this as word of month can put them out of business in short order.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Late nite/early morning update before I go to sleep for anyone still interested:

still chugging just fine, but now is doing the dbl click to wake up from sleep mode (which it did not before at all) just like everyone else.

Outside of that, I am madly in love to the point I am thinking of just holding on to her and rolling the dice, my GF thinks I am being a dummy and should send it back already.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Late nite/early morning update before I go to sleep for anyone still interested:

still chugging just fine, but now is doing the dbl click to wake up from sleep mode (which it did not before at all) just like everyone else.

Outside of that, I am madly in love to the point I am thinking of just holding on to her and rolling the dice, my GF thinks I am being a dummy and should send it back already.

keep it what's $70 order another one I ordered a second from wetvapes just in case something happens to mine it's just sitting there brand new in a box waiting for the one special day :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Sounds like the person you talked to and that company is a good, professional company. Good to know because I highly doubt 101 would've handled that situation in a similar fashion.

And you say this because?

101 has great customer service, and has taken care of me every time i've had an issue with an order/question.

Don't think i've ever seen anyone complain about 101's customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread