Another cart refill mod for consistent juice flow - 21st century PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
I purchased this 21st century e-cig from my local BP gas station. The kit contained 6 refills, 2 batteries, one atty, 1 USB charger and one wall charger. The kit itself cost US $39.00. and a set of 6 refill cartridges cost 7.99. I decided after finding this forum I could save a boatload of money by refilling my own cartridges so I purchased 90ml\24mg of different flavors from vermillion river juice(btw they taste awesome).
ZZ134116.jpg
After wasting about 15ml of juice in various unsuccessfull and semi-successfull attempts to refill carts. I realized no matter what I tried consistency was out of reach. I probably drank about a third of the lost juice and the rest is soaked into napkins lying in the waste basket next to me. The atty was either flooded or was starving for juice and had a burned flavor.

The modification was created after lying the cartridge, it's inner juice well, the atomizer and battery next to each other as they would be lined up inside the yellow cartridge. What is immediately obvious is the wick over the bridge barely touches the fiber inside the small juice well. I have not determined why this system does not work with other juices(non-21st century brand) but I assume it has to do with the thickness of the liquid. Shortening the cartridge allowed for the wick to set further inside the inner juice well.

ZZ134114.jpg

ZZ134113a.jpg

ZZ134104.jpg
All that is needed is a scissors, safety pin and a small flat tip screwdriver. Trim about one sixteenth of an inch from the open end of the yellow cartridge which allows for the wick to rest one sixteenth of an inch further inside the inner juice tank. Use the safety pin to remove the inner juice well, refill the well and use the screwdriver to push the juice well back into the cartridge. All I can say is plumes of vape. I couldn't ask for a better PV(keep in mind this is my first PV :)).

I hope this helps anyone else who has had this problem with this system. I am almost certian it is branded under many different names so this should help with all similiar designs. I should say that my father always told me never to fix something that is not broke so if your not having this problem with the same design it's probably best to leave well enough alone.

If anyone could tell me what model number atty I own I would be eternally grateful.

Atomizer Mizer

Last edited:

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
My first e-cig was that same 21st century garbage. used it about a week, thankfully instead of turning me off to ecigs, I found this forum, and the RIVA SE at liberty-flights.com for the same price.

Trust me, get the RIVA and you'll kick yourself for buying that other one.

This modification will make this one a little more bearable but I am on my second week now and I'm looking for a replacement now. I need a higher voltage model...maybe 6 volts or variable 3-6v. How often do you need to refill the riva se model? How many drops fit in the cart? Have you lost any atomizers?
thank in advance

atomizer mizer

oldjoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Il.
I also started with the 21st century e-cig but I chose the single one that uses a carto for under $14 including tax. I purchased 4 of them and they got me off analogs and started on e-cigs. I did try one the $40 cartridge kits and the atomizer failed in about 2 days. They shipped me another and it failed so i used the charger from the kit and started refilling the cartos until I got my Riva 510's.
If you open one of their carts up it''s easy to see why they don't work well.

I spent 20 on one from 7-11, and then another 40 for refills(10 cartos) which lasted me three days, so I wasted 60 bucks, found this forum, and I am very thankful that I got started vaping, I spent the twenty on the rip off cartos even though I had my shipment from liberty flights on its way, I figured my health was priceless, and it was the first time I could quit without getting all bugged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread