Status
Not open for further replies.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Thanks so much for all of the info on this site! I had been using Chantix to quit and half way through the second day, I was about to cave; it wasn't working. I sent my son to a local gas station to pick up an ecig for me because I didn;t trust myself to not purchase analogues. My son brought me a Century 21 (1.6%) w/ a very dry flavor and low vapor, but it was like heaven to me. I even figured that I would be able to quit the analogues with something like that . When I had a little more self control, I went to Walgreens and bought a Blu disposable (2.4%) I love the tobacco flavor. It almost has a whiff of coffee at the end. I have also purchased an Infiniti (1.6) which has a nice tobacco flavor with something sweet at the end.
To make a long story short, I am committed to quit analogues and do whatever it takes. E-cigs seem like the only thing that meets the needs of my addiction. I have smoked for 31 years, grew up in a smoking family, lived in countries with cultures where smoking meets some sort of social bonding need. I really did not think I could do it. But I did. My quit date was 2-5-12, the anniversary of when my dad died of lung cancer. Planning ahead, I have ordered a Vapor Titan starter kit. I'll just use the disposables til then. Sorry this is so long, but ever since my dad died, I just kinda assumed that I would die like that too. Now I have hope for a future.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Sorry to hear about your father. I think that it's great that you chose to quit cigs and transition to vaping. You will be much healthier in the future due to this decision. The Vapor Titan 510 looks like the usual runabout ecigs out there and it will be a great start. Once you get used to it then I would suggest that you upgrade to something like a big batt. That will give you longer battery life and better performance overall.

I hope that you enjoy your time here and don't forget to check these threads out:

The ECF Library

May the information overload begin LOL Honestly, you will learn everything you need from these threads. I mentioned this in another persons post but, I think that all newbies should utilize the information here on the ECF.

dshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I have a friend and neighbor that is terminal with lung cancer. I few weeks back I showed him my EGO. He tried it and liked it. Because of his treatments he is not as mobile as he like to be and asked if I would go make the choices for him and purchase one. With it he feels less guilt and shame still knowing he is terminal. But sticks with it but not witout a couple of analogs in between.

Welcome my friend-you have found a great group here with much knowledge and support.

Harley Girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ohio
Hi, Harley Girl! How did your week go? Mine was easier than I anticipated, yet still hard! I love the taste in the Blu. But, I had already "quit" for a day and a half before trying an e cig, so anything i tried seemed like heaven! I am in nortwest ohio here.

I have to admit, my week was surprisingly easy! Ordered a sample pack of 6 juices and got lucky with one right away that really got me hooked. I originally thought I would just use an e-cig to cut down on analogs - wasn't actually planning OR trying to quit - but I liked it so much it just happened. Unbelievable really, because I REALLY enjoyed smoking. Hope every day gets easier for you. Oh, and I'm north central Ohio.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I have to admit, my week was surprisingly easy! Ordered a sample pack of 6 juices and got lucky with one right away that really got me hooked. I originally thought I would just use an e-cig to cut down on analogs - wasn't actually planning OR trying to quit - but I liked it so much it just happened. Unbelievable really, because I REALLY enjoyed smoking. Hope every day gets easier for you. Oh, and I'm north central Ohio.

Can I ask what you're using? I have looked at the surprising number of options and can't decide what to order. I really enjoyed smoking, too.... I am so happy to have quit. I wasn't sure I could do it. I am at 1 week and a day and my lungs are starting to feel lighter. I think you are in the part of Ohio that is actually having a winter this year. :)

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Yes, I wasn't clear with my info. I actually had been taking chantix for an month, (my doc had me start on super low doses), and I was on my second day of quitting smoking. I am so glad to be off of that drug, too. It messed with my stomach so badly. But, again, I was on it quite awhile before I set a quit date.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Sorry to hear about your father. At least you choose not to go in the same manner...which he wouldn't want for you. Congratulations on making the switch. Get yourself a couple of backup batteries...you never know when one will fail. Welcome to ECF
Thanks for the info and encouragement. I will definitely order some extras after I look through this site some more to see what fits what. Love the avatar!

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
disw, Welcome to ECF! Sorry about your dad, my sis passed 5 years ago this February from small cell lung cancer. I know how you feel. And, she would have loved vaping, too. Had it been around like it is today.

You and I have that opportunity. I am coming up on 2 months of vaping and really enjoying it. : )

Here is a great (inexpensive) PV to consider if you end up wanting something that has long battery life and gives great vapor:

KGO 1100 mAh 2 battery kit

Good luck!

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
disw, Welcome to ECF! Sorry about your dad, my sis passed 5 years ago this February from small cell lung cancer. I know how you feel. And, she would have loved vaping, too. Had it been around like it is today.

You and I have that opportunity. I am coming up on 2 months of vaping and really enjoying it. : )

Here is a great (inexpensive) PV to consider if you end up wanting something that has long battery life and gives great vapor:

KGO 1100 mAh 2 battery kit

Good luck!

My dad had metastasized large cell and he wanted me to quit soooo badly! Thanks for the tip and website! Those are cute!!!

bigtiime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Virginia
Hello dlsw and welcome. My condolences to you and your family. I saw a Chantix commerical last night on the TV and for the full 30 seconds there were warnings and disclaimers about it at the bottom of the screen. That drug was approved? ok . . :facepalm: I smoked for 42 years, never quit. I discovered vaping and said goodbye to cigarettes that quick. The suggestion of the KGO is a good one. Long lasting batteries, 510 threading and Hoosier is a registered vendor here at ECF and well respected.

Another kit from the same vendor that you might look at is the E-Power. Much like the KGO but it does not use the proprietary battery as do most of the "ego" style kits. This kit will allow for the replacement of batteries much like a flashlight.

Whatever you end up buying, buy back-ups of everything. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread