• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Another convert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Been reading about these electronic cigarettes on the internet for a few days since I saw someone using one in the pub.

Finally managed to get one this morning, and I'm a total convert already. Not smoked a single 'real' cigarette since I bought my DSE901 this morning, which really quite shocks me.

I never thought these would be as good as people say they are!!!

Anything in particular I should know about the DSE901 ?

Thanks

Hello,

Well I have been told the 901 is one of the better "all-rounders" when taking everything in balance. Like with most e-cigs the parts tend to be inconsistant. batteries, the internal switches and atomizers all seem to have certain virtures and their own individual personalities...it is often luck of the draw as to how long stuff will last...that and how hard you are on the various bits.

I would say to make sure you invest in a few batteries so that if one or two start playing up or pack in (not beyond the pale that they might) you will still be able to muddle through till you get more. The same goes with the atomizers, they can sometime give up the ghost inan instant and that'll stop your vaping right there and then.

I have 3 901 batteries and 3 atomizers and a bout 8-10 empty carts to fill with various liquids I want to try.

I also have the mains charger and a USB charger so I can get two batteries ready at the same time. Finally a USB passthrough is great for when you are at your computer and can use that for power rather than a battery, all you have to do is top up the carts. I use a mains to USB adapter and plug my passthrough into that. This way I can vape whether at the PC or not.

That's my set up and advice given my newbie status myself. Enjoyable isn't it?

I'm very excited as I am getting a Screwdriver tomorrow so battery changes will be MUCH fewer and farther apart for me soon! YAYYYY!

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Hi all. Been reading about these electronic cigarettes on the internet for a few days since I saw someone using one in the pub.

Finally managed to get one this morning, and I'm a total convert already. Not smoked a single 'real' cigarette since I bought my DSE901 this morning, which really quite shocks me.

I never thought these would be as good as people say they are!!!

Anything in particular I should know about the DSE901 ?

Thanks

Tom has given all the best advice!
Welcome and Happy Vaping!

C.

Day 2 and I'm WELL impressed! Have gone from 20 analogs a day to pretty much just the e-cig. Had 2 analogs all day yesterday, and just the one so far today, although the juice I ordered that was supposed to be delivered today hasn't arrived yet and I only have 1 pre-filled cartridge left :mad:
Have been promised delivery tomorrow, but not entirely convinced I'll last that long!!!

Vaping seems like the way forward. Wouldn't want to go back to smoking analogs full-time now!

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Day 2 and I'm WELL impressed! Have gone from 20 analogs a day to pretty much just the e-cig. Had 2 analogs all day yesterday, and just the one so far today, although the juice I ordered that was supposed to be delivered today hasn't arrived yet and I only have 1 pre-filled cartridge left :mad:
Have been promised delivery tomorrow, but not entirely convinced I'll last that long!!!

Vaping seems like the way forward. Wouldn't want to go back to smoking analogs full-time now!

Maybe you'll be another of us accidental analog quitters - beware, 'cos they prolly already taste foul! :rolleyes:

Roughly where are you? N. S. E. or W. in UK?

And of course wonder if you play the oboe professionally!!!

Best

C.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
They DO already taste foul, but needs must....

Aye, needs must, but nemmind, when yr stocked up v. soon with e-liquid and carts, batties & atties you can leave the analogs to go mouldy!

Am in West Yorkshire.

Once lived in N Yorks, nr Richmond. Miss the Dales. Aysgarth, Reeth, *sniff! But yr prolly further south than that.

You're right in wondering, and yes, I play the oboe, but only really semi-pro!
Getting off the analogs should help the breath control!!
'Fraid my fave oboe music is Vivaldi. Oboe concerto - forget the number cos I have it on an old cassette I dubbed off vinyl!! That's how old it is!
Reminds me of my student days. :)

Best

C.

yr prolly further south than that.

I'm in Halifax, so a fair bit further south really

Getting off the analogs should help the breath control!!
My oboe is my main reason for wanting to get off the analogs! Gave up smoking a few years ago, for about a month, but then started again. While I was off the fags my playing improved dramatically! Not really got strong enough willpower to give up properly again, which is why I've turned to vaping!

'Fraid my fave oboe music is Vivaldi. Oboe concerto

Not that I don't like Vivaldi's Oboe works, but for me the Marcello concerto beats them all, hands down!!

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I'm in Halifax, so a fair bit further south really

Yes way down south....;)

My oboe is my main reason for wanting to get off the analogs! Gave up smoking a few years ago, for about a month, but then started again. While I was off the fags my playing improved dramatically! Not really got strong enough willpower to give up properly again, which is why I've turned to vaping!

Oh I hate will power - loathe it. Giving up accidentally is much more fun!! No temptation to act out that holier than thou rubbish then!!!

Not that I don't like Vivaldi's Oboe works, but for me the Marcello concerto beats them all, hands down!!

Right!!!! off to the Wikipedia.
Shall have to find out about Marcello!!! Musical ignoramus here!! :)

BTW shall be interested to see if you notice improvements with breathing. Let us know how you get on. I find there are v positive changes with this. But I'm a relative newb, and previously smoked for a lifetime, so perhaps the best is yet to come.

Best

C.

Right!!!! off to the Wikipedia.
Shall have to find out about Marcello!!! Musical ignoramus here!! :)

Sod Wikipedia, far too much incorrect information on there IMHO!!!

Go to www dot spotify dot com and download their little application, you can listen to all the free music you want then......LEGALLY!!!

By the way, the oboe concerto I'm talking about is by Alessandro Marcello (there were several composers called Marcello)

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Sod Wikipedia, far too much incorrect information on there IMHO!!!

Go to www dot spotify dot com and download their little application, you can listen to all the free music you want then......LEGALLY!!!

Right: Spotify ? A world of music. Instant, simple and free
I have a week off next week - gonna stock up on sounds to vape to!! :)

By the way, the oboe concerto I'm talking about is by Alessandro Marcello (there were several composers called Marcello)[/quote]

Thanks, Neil - shall enjoy hunting!

PS - gosh! A whole new world....:thumbs:

Dilemma - do I tell my daughter? She's in the middle of her final exams!!!
Maybe not....

Last edited:

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
BTW shall be interested to see if you notice improvements with breathing.
C.

Totally anicdotal I know, but after a week my lungs have started to clear up no end :thumb:
Well they would really wouldn't they after being a 40 a day asthmatic fella

So my carts are all now empty.....I've had to cave in and smoke another analog. Not pleased!

Softly softly catchy monkey mate, from 20 to one in a couple of days is good going (currently I'm on one analog a day myself from 40).
Use this as a reason to get yourself a decent sized stash squared away :w00t:

Spares and supplies are most definitely needed. then you'll be able to relax and chuck out the analogs. :thumb:

Hope your order comes soon

Order arrived this morning! Managed to survive on 1 and a bit analogs whilst I was waiting for the postie, but am now analog-free again :D

Loving lemon flavoured juice!!!!

BTW shall be interested to see if you notice improvements with breathing. Let us know how you get on.

Right....I'm now 2 and a half weeks into vaping, and totally free of analogs!

I'm already noticing MASSIVE differences, like no longer stinking of fags, car no longer stinking of fags, not snoring as much at night, not waking up and then immediately coughing up a lung, to mention but a few.

The main difference I've noticed is in my oboe playing. I now have FAR better breath control, can hold long notes longer, can play far softer than before and moreover my tone has improved, presumably due to better airflow control.

I am one extremely happy vaper!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread