• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Another "cycle" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
I wanted to bring this subject back up for a lot of reasons. One of the bigger ones being for personal clarification. Also I've noticed that since this was discussed last there have been a lot of new ladies joining the forum who may have a bit of additional input to share. I am happy to say that after my last post my cycle did go back to normal (so far) which is great. This shouldn't be TMI for the women around here though I'm silently laughing to myself at the mental image of any man that might read this :p.

Anywho.. my experience summarized simply in one place for any lady that needs/wants the info. First I should point out that I'm not on birth control or any other sort of medications (other than the ocasional aleve or other over the counter pain pill if the need arises)

Started vapeing for the first time in September of 08 went off cigs 100% for about 6 weeks before falling off the band wagon. My cycle came a little late and a little light during that time, but I had a lot of stress from other things and just attributed it to that and thought nothing more of it as the next month's cycle was right on time and as heavy and crampy and bloaty as normal.

From Nov. 08 to April I didn't pay 2 bits of attention to my cycle. It simply was what it was and was tolerated as usual. During this time I only really vaped when I didn't feel like going outside for a smoke or when I couldn't go outside for some reason.. I'd say 75% tobacco 25% PV on average.

Had my period May 14th (right on time) and was perfectly normal for me. I usually start 1-2 days prior than the previous month (so should be 12th or 13th in june, 11th or 12th in july, ect.) and I usually have 2-3 days of heavy bleeding and cramps followed by 2days of "regular" bleeding and light occasional cramps, followed by a final 1-3 days of light bleeding and no cramps. (total of 6-8 days which fluxuates monthly at random)

June 8th of this year I decided to go 100% vape again and had my last cig that evening.

June 20th I started my period. It was very light and shorter than normal (3&1/2 days only one of which could be called "heavy" and that was on the low end) < remember.. this should have come around the 13th.. so a full 7 days late.

July 27th I started for that month. Again, light and shorter than normal...though it was heavier and longer than June's. < should have been the 11th or 12th by my normal cycle.. so 15ish days late... or just 7 if judging by the previous month only

August 26th I started for that month. Normal amounts of cramping and bleeding for the first 2 days though it did lighten up and end a little quicker than my normal cycle but not too terribly off (lasted 5 and a half days in total)

September 25th I started for that month. Perfectly normal, 6 days.

I know this is a little long. But I figure if it saves 1 woman from having a panic attack over a late period than it's worth typing it. I spoke to my doctor about it after it had regulated and she said that since I started smoking before I was old enough for my cycle to "level out" that the loss of it likely confused my system and it had to re-regulate itself. Wasn't concerned about it enough to run any sort of tests but did say I should make an appintment if it happens again.

I'm still curious if anyone else's system was thrown so far out of wack or if I'm all alone here. But for the moment I seem to have leveled out on a new date 2 weeks later than it previously had been. Though this new experiance has been... enlightening.. until now I had never paid any attention to my cycle for more than 2 months in a row. Aways figured it was what it was and to me was something to be tolerated and ignored as much as could be possible. "A curse of being born female"

So.. info? Thoughts? Anything you care to share? I for one would like to know as much as possible about similar situations from those that still get their cycle, especially anyone else not on birth control.

miakauisan

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Don't feel so bad, I have a bit of a long post too :D

Anywho I suppose I should start from the beginning.

I started my period at the ripe, old age of 10. Yes. 10. From the first day I was clockwork. Just like you, it came, more or less, within 1-2 days of the last months. Almost perfectly a 28 day cycle. I eventually had to go on birth control at 14 because I was having such severe cramps that I was in the ER for 1-3 days. Every. Single. Month. The docs tested me for pretty much everything and concluded that nothing was wrong and my ovaries must simply hate me :D. They put me on ortho-tri-cyclin. Again. Still clockwork.

Enter smoking: I started when I was 19. I was still on ortho, but for the first time, my period was 2 weeks late. (which scared the crap out of me because i was sexually active) I was already taking my 1st week of "hormone" pills when my period finally hit. Same thing happened the next month but it was a few days earlier. Each month for about 4 months it came a bit earlier until it evened out and went back to "normal".

I started using Depo a little over a year ago. My Ortho script ran out and I was without insurance so I made a trip to planned parenthood. I originally intended on getting more ortho but I thought about it (I went on birth control to stop the pain in the first place...why not just wipe out the period completely?) and decided to go with the shot. (which was a big step. I'm scared crapless of needles and the depo made the first time i WILLINGLY got a thin metal tube violating my arm muscles)

Enter Vaping: I don't really have much to expound upon because I've only been at this for a little over a week...but, with the depo, I haven't had any problems as of yet. I'm due for my next shot in about 3 weeks. When I started vaping, from the first PV inhale, I haven't had an analog. I did have some physical withdrawals the first day, and to be honest, I was curious as to how this would affect my body chemistry.

If anything happens (spotting, flow, mood swings, etc.) I'll definitely post it. If nothing happens...I'll definitely post it. I hope that everything "evens" out for you ^^.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Well, something else that is "news" to me...
But, Ryle- you mentioned a comment where it seems you are young, age wise... I am not>>> 5 kids later, my cycle has BEEN leveled out and actually, I believe I am Pre-menopausal and hadn't even thought about vaping effecting my cycle... until now
Mia, only advice I will give you is... right now and after that next shot, abstain from intercourse or use another method of safety as well as the "bc" you have decided upon... any changes can have a different effect and your body may need to "adjust" before you can totally rely on it... as you have been on this "bc" for some time, only thing to be aware of is at that next scheduled shot, ask the doctor what they recommend since the vaping will still be pretty new to your body and could cause changes and also effect the "bc"...
Wow! Yet one other thing I need to monitor.. I hadn't put my cycle on a calendar for the last 6 yrs!
Interesting post- thx for the awareness

Last edited:

miakauisan

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks luv.

Definately plan on talking to my doc just in case. I know that during the time frame of my last shot...I lost 25lbs and that caused some moderate spotting. Asked the doc about it and she said that it was definitely the weight loss because depo is stored in your fat cells. So I was curious as to what an abrupt and immediate cessation of smoking might do.

I'm not really too concerned about abstaining from sex...LOLOL. The BC is just to keep me out of the ER...Not getting pregnant is just a currently pleasant side effect :D. I've been with the same guy for 5 years and we've talked about the whole "there is always the chance it wont work" and we're cool with that :).

Kimerpuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
CO, USA
www.OneStopDIYShop.com
I had my very first yeast infection a month ago, started vaping in august... I dont know if its related or not but I went 43 years without one of those buggers and now I have had two! my cycle has seemed a little off, but I am done having kids so don't worry about when it comes, I just follow the chocolate cravings honestly hehe

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
Very reassuring to know I'm not alone, and satisfying to know that my thread helped others to see that as well.

As for the YI Kim mentioned... I'm happy to say that I can't report anything of that nature and that thus far in my 21 years my knowledge on the subject is purely academic, though if it helps, I was always told that if you were to ever get one that plain unflavored yogurt helps make it go away faster. .. just a friendly tidbit of info (and about the only info I have on a solution to such a problem other than the standard over the counter treatments)

For clarification on my past.. I can't remember how old I was when I got my first period (odd I know.. I chalk it up to brain damage lol) but I remember the exact date of my first cigarette. I was 13.. smoked non stop since then.. started my period after I was already a smoker which may have something to do with the chemicals in tobacco (or maybe I should say the lack there of) having such a strong impact on me.

Kimerpuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
CO, USA
www.OneStopDIYShop.com
Lets see, first monthly friend - age 11 lol
First smoke 15 I think... LOL I know I was in junior high with two friends walking from the school to the little store we went to, to get things from.. pop, smokes, ect..

I have been eating yogurt, vanilla tho.. Not able to force myself to eat plain! If this round of otc doesnt work im going in.. and i hate doctors lol

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
sorry kim.. maybe I should have been a bit more specific.. not supposed to eat the yogurt... your posed to use it.. down there. Supposedly the cultures in yogurt help make it go away. But not supposed to use sweetened yogurt cause the sugar is bad... heres a link I found with a quick google. Has more info

home remedies yeast infection

heather

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I have read that any change in your "diet" which I use loosely here to include analogs, will cause your system to go array. When you stop anything you normally do in excess, everything, or anything can be effected, including your period, bowel movements, digestion, etc... So before you worry about any of it, give your body 2 to 3 weeks to adjust to the changes you have made. When I went camping recently, I vaped more than usual, and I only had one pack of analogs over the course of 3 days, I noticed that I couldn't "go #2", because of the sudden change in the "norm" for my body. It fixed itself a couple days after I got home, when I relapsed and smoked a whole pack in one day. Same goes with anything you normally do and then stop doing, like coffee, alcohol, etc...

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Heather, That is very true and a good point to make<

Ryle, That is supposed to be true due to the cultures in Yogurt- I have never tried myself either but nowadays they are putting so many things on the market that the old wives remedy of yogurt shouldn't be necessary

* A very big tip for all that is a great preventative...- other than large intakes of water...
Cranberry juice! & this is a natural cleanser/ flusher (it flushes the kidneys)- drink a glass a day OR you can take those new cranberry tablets usually sold in the health/vitamin section- maybe even now in the womens health section w/ the vagisil and such...
I am not a big straight cranberry juice drinker- it is a bit tart- but I mix it w/ apple and it is fine- (I mix my own w/ real apple juice about 3 parts cran to 1 part apple- I don't know if the ready made cran-apple would work due to sugar content...

But, other than that, Heather is right on the imbalance due to anything "changing" in your system... Give it a couple weeks and see then-
That is another reason I have been keeping a "journal" of sorts w/ this new found method....

Kimerpuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
CO, USA
www.OneStopDIYShop.com
well it wasnt gone.. just hiding.. but I went in to the gyn for the first time.. in a very very long time today and got stuff for it :)
The best part is she was pleased I was vaping!!
always the questions about smoking.. and when I started telling her about the e-cig.. she had a funny look on her face then she started smiling and nodding! So if I need a prescription to vape, I know where to go :)

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I know that vaping causing a lactic acid build up, so if you do not increase water intake when you start vaping, you will have more cramps, period.(no pun intended, lol)

However, I got alot of extra muscle aches when i started, amped up my water intake and now its not a problem.

Red Headed friend wise, no difference.My cramps have ALWAYS been HORRID! I was on BC for an enlarged ovary, not for birth control, as I dont need it for that but after i had my gallbladder removed and a ton of "new" heart palpataions, I was informed that ocella, better known as Yasmin, caused the palp's and ga;llbladder disease.

Needless to say, i stopped and even tho I cannot get my gallbladder back, the palpataions have subsided.

I havent noticed any pain from my ovary, so I assume its not enlarged again (I hope) but no symptoms in that area from vaping. Good you started this thread tho, bc if I DO start having issues, I know I can come here to see if it may be related and if anyone is having the same issues.

:)

Stephaniems

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
I havent been on any sort of birth control for over 10 years. and I've taken a pregnancy test 3xs since I started vaping in march of this year, dang period is always late and it seems to get later and later every months, freaks me out!!!! Plus its lighter and I don't cramp anymore, I was cramping every months since I turned 30, started vaping no cramping.

Mclassy

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Post number three for me today. I started vaping one week ago. I have no desire or want for a real cigarette. My cycle was due right around the time I started vaping and it was an unusual one this month. First let me say I am not on any birth control or medications. I am happily fixed and so is my boyfriend. I do however suffer from a condition called adenomyosis. This is an overgrowth of the endometrial layer and in my case it "ate" a hole through my uterus. This causes extreme pain and bleeding. I go through a super plus tampon every 30 minutes or so. This period was very light in comparison. I had 4 days of just over spoting followed by a "normal" for most women period. Meaning I could go about 3 to 4 hours without having to change my tampon. This lasted only a lovely 3 days. I was about 4 days later than usual and a very light period for me. The pain was barely noticable and no pain relievers needed. Anyway thought i would post my information to help other with their questions. Happy vaping and long live light periods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread