Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Like the sigelei 20W, the gravity sensor is only to adjust settings such as volts and watts. Not ideal, but since there is no shake I'd rather have it on a one button device than not. 3 buttons >>> 1 button with gravity >>>>>>>>1 button.

This unit has 15 watts of adjustment in .1 increments. Imagine having to go through 150 adjustment steps with a single button mod without a gravity sensor.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
Like the Sigelei 20W, the gravity sensor is only to adjust settings such as volts and watts. Not ideal, but since there is no shake I'd rather have it on a one button device than not. 3 buttons >>> 1 button with gravity >>>>>>>>1 button.

This unit has 15 watts of adjustment in .1 increments. Imagine having to go through 150 adjustment steps with a single button mod without a gravity sensor.

I would never purchase a gravity sensor adjusted device.

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
I have one of these right in front of me as I work in a vape shop. It is pretty high quality for what it is. Confirmed 100% stainless steel including the 510 connection with rare earth magnets from a chiyou magnet kit. The user interface is decent but isn't the best. The tilt function is super easy but not desired by everyone. It is machined very well with steel threading used on the end cap and drip well cap. Overall after about two weeks of use for product testing it is a higher quality device that uses a pretty nice board. It automatically throttles the power as battery life drains below 3.7 but it takes a day and a half for that to happen using Sony or MNKE batteries at 22 watts.

If anyone has any questions I can take pics from my phone or whatever.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
I have one of these right in front of me as I work in a vape shop. It is pretty high quality for what it is. Confirmed 100% stainless steel including the 510 connection with rare earth magnets from a chiyou magnet kit. The user interface is decent but isn't the best. The tilt function is super easy but not desired by everyone. It is machined very well with steel threading used on the end cap and drip well cap. Overall after about two weeks of use for product testing it is a higher quality device that uses a pretty nice board. It automatically throttles the power as battery life drains below 3.7 but it takes a day and a half for that to happen using Sony or MNKE batteries at 22 watts.

You got the specs? Amp limit? How low of resistance can you go? Size? Take some picks next to an 18650 mod.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
MNKE's are 4000mah.

hmmm, might reconsider the whole won't buy a mod that I have to tilt to change wattages.

It is adjustable in .1 watt increments?
Does anyone know if it regulates power correctly, or is it like most devices made in china that give you 'something close' to what you set it at. If it regulates correctly might just grab one to throw in the backpack when hiking.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
It automatically throttles the power as battery life drains below 3.7 but it takes a day and a half for that to happen using Sony or MNKE batteries at 22 watts.

You are saying it decreases the wattage if the battery is going dead? Thats not a bad thing, to me, that means the device is not 'lying to you' like so many regulated mods from china do. If it can't make 22 watts with a half dead battery that's fine, if the device tells you, that is all so much better!

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
You got the specs? Amp limit? How low of resistance can you go? Size? Take some picks next to an 18650 mod.

Of course I have the specs.

Amp limit = 10 amps
Lowest resistance = 0.50
Pic = next to vamo V5, SVD (18650) and SiD
7y4ybeqe.jpg

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
hmmm, might reconsider the whole won't buy a mod that I have to tilt to change wattages.

It is adjustable in .1 watt increments?
Does anyone know if it regulates power correctly, or is it like most devices made in china that give you 'something close' to what you set it at. If it regulates correctly might just grab one to throw in the backpack when hiking.

I don't have a high end dmm to check its accuracy unfortunately but the link to the chip specs according to the manufacturer are at http://m.made-in-china.com/product/674838731/description.

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
You are saying it decreases the wattage if the battery is going dead? Thats not a bad thing, to me, that means the device is not 'lying to you' like so many regulated mods from china do. If it can't make 22 watts with a half dead battery that's fine, if the device tells you, that is all so much better!

Yes, at around 3.7V life left it will trickle the wattage down to around 15. After that it trickles all the way down to 8 watts at 3.2 and then it won't fire.

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
Can you explain this part in more detail, i am not understanding, not your fault, mine. I'm sure you will enlighten me, and again, how much will shipping to canada cost me lol

We verify every device that comes in to confirm if it is in fact constructed of the materials the manufacturer states. This device claimed to be 100% 303 grade stainless steel so we took a n52 strength rare earth magnet and tested to see if the magnet would stick to each individual part of the device.

On this specific device the magnet stuck to every single part of the device including the threads showing that they are not brass as the magnet will not stick to brass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread