Status
Not open for further replies.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
V2 and National tobacco have formed a partnership. E Cigarette News | News at V2 Cigs . V2 is one of the big retailers of cig-a-likes and this merger brings another big tobacco company to the side of e-cigs. Will it be a good thing? I think it will be. tobacco companies are seeing the light and seem to understand e-cigs are the future, be nice to have them on our side.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Bad news...

No doubt the folks at National Tobacco know a little something about the upcoming FDA proposal

Ecigs are about to become the new analogs, massive regulation and taxation included.

I don't mind regulation and taxation.

There is no sense in fighting it. It's an impending event. One party wants vaping to be safe. Another party wants their share of monies. It's human nature.

This will eventually be the price to pay, hopefully. In my mind, that would be the best case scenario. Why? . . . I do not want to fine myself in some dark alley buying e juice and/or e juice DIY supplies.

As long as Vaping is recognized as an alternate method of harm reduction to smoking, I trust that we can all get along.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
a good thing??? really? id say thats the WORST idea imaginable. i refuse to be controlled by the FDA and this pathetic government that wants to enslave all of us and spit on our freedoms.

This is the world we live in. Others have it worst. You have a private island somewhere?

ETA: What measures have you taken to protect your freedom? If you work for someone, if you pay rent or mortgage, etc. . . . You are a slave.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Last edited:

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
I don't mind regulation and taxation.

There is no sense in fighting it. It's an impending event. One party wants vaping to be safe. Another party wants their share of monies. It's human nature.
It is not human nature. It's enslavement and theft. Maybe you're okay with that, but at least understand what it is.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
V2 and National Tobacco have formed a partnership. E Cigarette News | News at V2 Cigs . V2 is one of the big retailers of cig-a-likes and this merger brings another big tobacco company to the side of e-cigs. Will it be a good thing? I think it will be. Tobacco companies are seeing the light and seem to understand e-cigs are the future, be nice to have them on our side.

RJR is writing all those little bills in different parts of the US that CASAA is trying to fight. BT is trying to put the vendors that sell our liquids out of business so they can have a monopoly on "Their" type of ecig. The cig-a-like and pre filled cartridges with their brand of juice.

RJR = RJ Reynolds = BT
They see the future and they want the whole pie, not just a piece of the pie.
CASAA is trying to get BT to see that there is room for both.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Bad news...

No doubt the folks at National Tobacco know a little something about the upcoming FDA proposal

Ecigs are about to become the new analogs, massive regulation and taxation included.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

I think BT may be the only thing that keeps nictine in e-juice readily available, the FDA would like to control it like a class 3 drug and require a doctor's prescription for it. It is what they attempted already. If BT will work with CASAA and AEMSA it will be our best shot at keeping this industry as free as possible but it won't be possible without BT cash behind the effort.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
Can I borrow your crystal ball?

I think BT may be the only thing that keeps nictine in e-juice readily available, the FDA would like to control it like a class 3 drug and require a doctor's prescription for it. It is what they attempted already. If BT will work with CASAA and AEMSA it will be our best shot at keeping this industry as free as possible but it won't be possible without BT cash behind the effort.
You don't need my crystal ball. It's called history. Besides, what you're suggesting is what I'm suggesting. BT = Big taxes. I simply can't see the federal government watching analogs disappear and along with it, all the money they make from analog taxes. Can you?

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Here is the problem with BT getting in on this. In the past BT has used taxation and regulation to eliminate the competition.

They would feel no harm from banning internet sales since they already have a distribution network to supply BnM stores, not many e-juics venders have that.

If they are taxed and regulated like tobacco products again manufacturing cost would skyrocket, BIG T has used this in the past to keep competition from entering the market and shut down existing competition. Big T is still the enemy in this look at what RJ is doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread