Another e-cig company merges with big tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
Ugh, Blu. Ever tried to put a standard 510 on a Blu? Can't. They use proprietary threading.

Uhhh..no they don't? Blu batteries and cartos use 510 threading...I have put the carto on my eGo a few times and it works fine. And why would you gag from Blu flavors? It's not like it's bad flavors, and it's all VG, so it should be lighter as compared to PG.

Last edited:

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
And really I don't see why everyone is thinking that BT would just ADD carcinogens into ejuice for some reason. Why the hell would they possibly do that? What would they have to gain? Nothing. Nicotine is what addicts us, and there already is nicotine in the stuff. What would be the point? And I'm sure the FDA wouldn't allow them to just add cancer causing chemicals into ejuice for no reason whatsoever when it already works fine without any of that .....

BT:"Hey, we're going to add carcinogens into our ejuice."
FDA:"Uhh...why?"
BT:"Because we just want to kill people, that's it."
FDA:"Sounds good, go ahead."

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Can I borrow your crystal ball?

I think BT may be the only thing that keeps nictine in e-juice readily available, the FDA would like to control it like a class 3 drug and require a doctor's prescription for it. It is what they attempted already. If BT will work with CASAA and AEMSA it will be our best shot at keeping this industry as free as possible but it won't be possible without BT cash behind the effort.
The only thing BT will want available are their crappy cig a likes. They absolutely have no reason to work with CASAA or anyone else other than legislators who they will pay off. I dont know where this notion came into play that BT will be our saving grace. BT will fight for BT period. Look at how Reynolds is trying to "help" this industry. Lets lobby for laws that will keep their product on the market and ban everything else. If we support BT then get used to cigalikes, say goodbye to everything else.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Uhhh..no they don't? Blu batteries and cartos use 510 threading...I have put the carto on my eGo a few times and it works fine. And why would you gag from Blu flavors? It's not like it's bad flavors, and it's all VG, so it should be lighter as compared to PG.

This is correct, as I just put an old Blu Cherry Crush cart onto my provari. It fits fine.

Actually, I just screwed the said into a joyetech ego-c twist. It fired up and vaped just fine.

- Andy

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
And really I don't see why everyone is thinking that BT would just ADD carcinogens into ejuice for some reason. Why the hell would they possibly do that? What would they have to gain? Nothing. Nicotine is what addicts us, and there already is nicotine in the stuff. What would be the point? And I'm sure the FDA wouldn't allow them to just add cancer causing chemicals into ejuice for no reason whatsoever when it already works fine without any of that .....

BT:"Hey, we're going to add carcinogens into our ejuice."
FDA:"Uhh...why?"
BT:"Because we just want to kill people, that's it."
FDA:"Sounds good, go ahead."

For the very same reason that BT adds the said into cigarettes. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, which I'm sure you will.

- Andy

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
For the very same reason that BT adds the said into cigarettes. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, which I'm sure you will.

- Andy

Never really knew actually...I just figured it had to do something with burning better/shelf life/better smoking/other things. But none of that really applies to eliquid.

Guess BT just wants people to die. Probably have some under handed deal with BP to get money from them for sending people to the hospital/getting medicine, which in turn makes BP money.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Well I feel BT is invading our cool vape world. We were cutting edge, we were the path makers, now big bucks moving in. Guess nothing we can do, the ecig industry is a changin'. I don't want BT to rule (make the rules) over we vapers tho, I guess time will tell. Plus they (BT) are trying to improve their imagine, now they are they are good vape guys. Wow how things change! bnrk

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Please show me one source that supports the claim that tobacco companies ADDED chemicals to cigarettes that cause smoking-related diseases and doesn't come from an ANTZ. In almost 4 years of THR advocacy I haven't seen any studies or research that supports that claim.

We need to stop supporting the ANTZ war on tobacco and nicotine users by believing and repeating ANTZ propaganda. We're just hurting ourselves by doing that!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I don't mind regulation and taxation.

There is no sense in fighting it. It's an impending event. One party wants vaping to be safe. Another party wants their share of monies. It's human nature.

This will eventually be the price to pay, hopefully. In my mind, that would be the best case scenario. Why? . . . I do not want to fine myself in some dark alley buying e juice and/or e juice DIY supplies.

As long as Vaping is recognized as an alternate method of harm reduction to smoking, I trust that we can all get along.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

This is so much wishful thinking if you think Big Tobacco will be our friend. There is just as strong of a case that BT will push for and agree with regulation that requires all eliquid to be in carts only, at 2mg & 4mg nic strength on stick batteries and tobacco flavor only. This outcome would greatly benefit their inferior product.

Instead, we all should have joined CASAA by now and support their efforts to maintain the variety of vaping choices as they are today.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Please show me one source that supports the claim that tobacco companies ADDED chemicals to cigarettes that cause smoking-related diseases and doesn't come from an ANTZ. In almost 4 years of THR advocacy I haven't seen any studies or research that supports that claim.
What are your opinions about the ammonia thing?

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I feel like I need to dig out my tin-foil hat...the level of conspiracy paranoia is off the meter in this thread.

Sure the government wants it's cut off of e-cigs, once they start getting it they won't care about the market. I have a monthly donation to CASAA set up on automatic...every month a donation is made. But it isn't enough, we will need bigger cash to fight bad vaping laws and BT can provide that along with the power of their lobbyists. BT wants the niche market that the cic-a-likes already have carved out. They know they can't stop advanced modders and don't really want to, we will be in the minority. How do you stop battery sales? Flashlight sales? Food flavoring sales? As for some standards in juice production...I don't have any problems with that, I am putting this stuff in my lungs...I want to know it is high grade, not made in some kid's dirty basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread