Another eGo Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, I am not all that well at doing reviews, but thought I would do another anyway, I hope you don't suffer too much.

So, I ordered an eGo from Happy Vaper on the 29th of April. After mugging the mail man twice, it finally arrived today, May 8th. (On a side note, I really hope he makes a full recovery).:oops:

I have been using it for about 6 hours now and so far it is performing well. The flavors are really good and it vapes about the same as my 510. HOWEVER, the batt lasts a LOT longer. I have been vaping pretty heavily and I must tell you that my 510 would be dead right now. Not the eGo, it is still going.

I got some instructions via email from Happy Vaper telling me a few things about the eGo like taking the filter filler out and replacing it with a mod, which I already knew to do, but it was nice that those instructions were sent anyway. The thing I DIDN'T know about the eGo is that the batts didn't need any sort of conditioning or break-in... NICE! The one thing I hated about the 510's was conditioning the batts, so BIG plus there.

I also got a LR atty and, maybe it is the liquid I have, but I can't tell any difference between the LR and normal atty. I am going to try and throw an ohm meter accross it tomorrow.

The only other thing I can say about the eGo at this point, is: if you are thinking about getting one, do. You won't be sorry. HOWEVER, make sure you get an extra atty and extra cone. Trust me, you will want those. Other than that...

Happy Vaping!

tazz

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I am a little confused wrt to the LR? A meter will definitely tell the tale, because the eGo was my test device at the time for the LR atty. Not thinking I took my normal drag, only to wind up having to clean the computer screen.

I understand the extra atty, bit why the extra cone?

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, after using it for most of the day yesterday and today, I must say WOW what a device! The LR atty does make a difference. For me, it means smaller drag = same amount of vapor as a regular atty. I have been using the LR atty for dripping and the other with filled carts using the straw/PTB mod (though I use tulle instead of PTB, but it works just as good).

I have been using the whistle tips, and they are MUCH better than the standard round, though with the LR atty I can't use the whistle tips because they are too loose in the atty.

As far as the battery goes, with the 510's, I had to charge the batts, smoke for 1 hour and then re-charge. This, apparently, "conditions" the batteries. With the eGo, I DID NOT have to go through these steps. AND I have been vaping pretty heavily off one batt for most of yesterday, last night and today (it is now 2:30pm PST) and I ahve yet to have to charge the batt! WOW!8-o

The reason I want the extra cone is so that I don't need to swap cones when I want to switch between dripping and carts on the two differnt batt set-ups. Just a convenience thing. I know that I don't HAVE to have the cone to use it, but it also makes it look better. :)

Anyway, I still stand behind my original post... this thing rocks! Now that the atty's are broken in, they produce TONS of vapor. I have been adding a little more VG to each of my flavors and this takes it to a whole new smog level! :cool: Needless to say I won't be buying another PV for a while!

tazz

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Now just get a couple drip T-tips from Super T Manufacturing and you're set. I got one each of the reg and shorty Delrin (black plastic) ones. Super T has a vendors page here.

I still use the cartos but I DIY too and have to drip to test flavors before commiting them to a carto.

Don't get 510 cartos if you can't get the caps off. You have to drip down the side of the carto barrel about 5-10 drops to keep them topped off. I'm waiting for a 510 Mega carto with removable caps to come out.

:)

VictorySpeedway

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Northern New Jersey, USA
My EGO just arrived from Cignot (I ordered it three days ago).

I started with 510's, and enjoy them very much, but the EGO brings vaping to a whole different level.

Great vapor production, great taste, and I expect the battery (I think I could jump start my car with this thing) will last most of a day.

If you started with a 510, and would like to step up - way up - this is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread