Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Since the gentlemen(Steve) sold out of this popular, inexpensive USB adapter:

USB Dual Power Adapter

I decided to see if other inexpensive adaptors he had for sale would work, and one other one did. Although it is not as compact as the above USB Dual adapter, and it only has one 1.5amp(not 2Amp) USB port, it DOES work well, and provides more then adequate power without tripping. It also has an additional DC supply cord with multiple DC adapters and multiple, switchable voltages(ranging from 6.5 to 15V). Best part, it's the SAME low price($1.95). Go here:

USB Power Adapter

and it is the 3rd item from the top, listed as USB Power Adapter Supplies.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
Since the gentlemen(Steve) sold out of this popular, inexpensive USB adapter:

USB Dual Power Adapter

I decided to see if other inexpensive adaptors he had for sale would work, and one other one did. Although it is not as compact as the above USB Dual adapter, and it only has one 1.5amp(not 2Amp) USB port, it DOES work well, and provides more then adequate power without tripping. It also has an additional DC supply cord with multiple DC adapters and multiple, switchable voltages(ranging from 6.5 to 15V). Best part, it's the SAME low price($1.95). Go here:

USB Power Adapter

and it is the 3rd item from the top, listed as USB Power Adapter Supplies.

can you use those voltages with the passthrough???

will the passthrough bring the voltage down, is there a risk of a short or malfunction, or is this just atty mayhem at 6.5V and higher???

:D
buGG

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
to buGG:

You can use the adjustable DC 6.5V -15V option if you can find an appropriate adapter to mate with one of the 5 included DC attachments to turn it into a female USB port. The USB port on the device only provides 5V at 1.5amp and is not adjustable.

Even if I could find such an attachment adapter, I would not dare go above 6.5V to avoid burning out atty's.

ALSO!! I went to try to check out the website earlier and it appears the link to this product is dead as is the Paypal checkout link. I just spoke with the guy who is selling them, He actually does have 1000 of the 3rd item down on the page in stock, however, he's having a problem with his webpage right now. He's contacting his web guy and the dead link & Paypal link should be up and running within a day or two.

Last edited:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
As of today, the Paypal link on the NEW USB adapter/DC adapter device IS working and the item can be purchased.

Again, goto this page:

USB Power Adapter

and it's the 3rd item down from the top(the black multi voltage adapter 6.5-15V plus a 1.5 amp(although it says 2amp) 5V USB port). It is, as was the last USB Dual Adapter from this gentlemen, only $1.95 for the product and $1.95 for the shipping.

Can't go wrong to power your PS passthru.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Hi Lotus;
You know what I just realized. The paypal link works for me only if I'm using Internet Explorer. If I use Safari or Moxzilla, it doesn't work. I sent an email to Steve Campbell to tell him about this. Send an email to him at tas.electronics@hotmail.com or call him at 469-744-4887 to order. He'll take care of you.

Another thing you can do( I just got an email back from Steve Campbell) is to go to paypal. Choose "send money" and send $3.90 for purchase($1.95 for product + $1.95 shipping) to tas.electronics@hotmail.com and in the "comments section" note for 40 watt USB power adapter and he'll know exactly what you need and ship it out. Either way, email, phone or paypal send money would work. But he is trying to get that link fixed for Safari or Moxzilla now.

Last edited:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Thanks for the tip Markarich159!

I always use Firefox. Switched to IE and completed the purchase without any problem :D

I just learned that if you do have Safari or Firefox browser all you have to do is move your cursor to the extreme far right hand side of the "buy now" icon and the buy now option will become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread