The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Another member of the team!!

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by wagon52, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. wagon52

wagon52 Senior Member Verified Member

I just ordered a satin black ProVari 2.5 with some extra batteries and the extension cap. Also added a sample pack of juice. I CAN'T WAIT AND IT BETTER BE WORTH IT!!! HAHA! Now, do I need a different tank? All I have are ProTanks now. :toast:

2. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    SOME ProTanks get their air cut off on a ProVari, while some work just fine...
    IF you have that trouble you can:
    a) unscrew it a little
    b) get an Aerotank base for like $5, which will help the ProTank on ANY device
    c) Consider upgrading to a different topper - a Nautilus, or a carto-tank perhaps...
    Might as well get better flavor once you're getting better "power delivery" too... I went to cartotanks (and drippers, a little), and my ProTanks work fine, but they're second-string now.

3. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congratulations! I use a Protank 1 all the time with no trouble, but I don't know about the other versions. I vape a lot of unflavored juice, so the muted taste isn't an issue.

4. wagon52

Cool deal thanks. I'm not real familiar with the carto tanks and how they work. Looking into them, do they provide better flavor? Looking at IBTanked right now.

5. VapinBill

VapinBill Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Nautilus tanks work well for me. You also get airflow control with them.

6. keonee

keonee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    USA
    Congrats wagon52 on ordering the Provari. I use Protank 2's on my Provari Mini all the time w/o a problem. I did order a few aerotank bases and have come to really like them so they are constantly attached to my Protanks.

Happy Vaping!!!

PS Aspire Nautilus are wonderful on the Provari.

7. serenity21899

serenity21899 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    Antioch IL
  8. The Ocelot

I'd like to try a Nautilus, but I have another tank that holds 5ml and it's just too big for me.

9. FigNewton

FigNewton Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Garner, NC, USA
    I had the airflow issue with my protank 2's. I got the aerotank base which helps a lot, but I still can't screw it down all the way. If I do, the pin gets pushed up and it won't fire.

10. wagon52

Do I need a spacer for the Pro Tanks?

11. The Ocelot

I don't know what you mean.

12. wagon52

I just went ahead and ordered an IBTanked 22MM standard tank, why not give it a try!? I am willing to learn and I figured if I just spent that much on a MOD, what's another $30? I sure have spent a lot of money since I started and can't believe my wife hasn't .... a brick about it. I guess she is just glad I don't smell or have a fat lip from the dip. Thank you all for the advice and all!

13. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    Did you pick up some cartomizers at the same time?

14. wagon52

Yes I got a few extras for now.

15. wagon52

The flat ended spacer to make the tanks look flush with the MOD.

16. The Ocelot

With a 22mm IBTanked you do. The ProVari body is ≈ 22mm, so there is a slight overhang with a 22mm tank. The tapered top of the ProVari is ≈ 19mm, so a 19mm IBT, the Protanks and other clearos using the ProTank base are flush at the top. Only the ones that use the Protank base though, not all of the ones that use Protank heads like the HyperTank.

ETA: The overhang isn't really that big of a deal.

The one in the middle is a HyperTank on a full size ProVari with a beauty ring. The other two are both 22mm regular IBTanks. The one on the right has a beauty ring, the one on the left doesn't, so you can see the 22mm overhang.

[​IMG]

17. wagon52

Gotcha. I ordered the spacer with the IBTank.

18. The Ocelot

Nice :) For future reference (so people will know what you're talking about) they are usually referred to as rings.

19. Smoot

Smoot Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2012
    Reno, NV
    Welcome Wagon.....:facepalm:
    Sorry, I just had too.......
    Congrats and you will love your Provari!!!

20. Amberina

Amberina Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    IBTanked are my favorite with my ProVari. I have the exact same as you: Black satin 2.5 with extension cap. LOVE IT with the IBTanked tanks. Definitely the best vape experience for me!!! I have several of the 22mm tanks with standard tube and a couple of the halfling tubes also. If you do get some IBTanks, order the ProVari ring they sell also. It makes the ProVari look perfect with the tanks!!
    I also have several protanks but for me the IBTanks are in a completely different league.

Good Luck and Enjoy!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.