Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
SOME ProTanks get their air cut off on a ProVari, while some work just fine...
IF you have that trouble you can:
a) unscrew it a little
b) get an Aerotank base for like $5, which will help the ProTank on ANY device
c) Consider upgrading to a different topper - a Nautilus, or a carto-tank perhaps...
Might as well get better flavor once you're getting better "power delivery" too... I went to cartotanks (and drippers, a little), and my ProTanks work fine, but they're second-string now.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I just ordered a satin black ProVari 2.5 with some extra batteries and the extension cap. Also added a sample pack of juice. I CAN'T WAIT AND IT BETTER BE WORTH IT!!! HAHA! Now, do I need a different tank? All I have are ProTanks now. :toast:

Congratulations! I use a Protank 1 all the time with no trouble, but I don't know about the other versions. I vape a lot of unflavored juice, so the muted taste isn't an issue.

wagon52

Verified Member
SOME ProTanks get their air cut off on a ProVari, while some work just fine...
IF you have that trouble you can:
a) unscrew it a little
b) get an Aerotank base for like $5, which will help the ProTank on ANY device
c) Consider upgrading to a different topper - a Nautilus, or a carto-tank perhaps...
Might as well get better flavor once you're getting better "power delivery" too... I went to cartotanks (and drippers, a little), and my ProTanks work fine, but they're second-string now.
Cool deal thanks. I'm not real familiar with the carto tanks and how they work. Looking into them, do they provide better flavor? Looking at IBTanked right now.

wagon52

Verified Member
I just went ahead and ordered an IBTanked 22MM standard tank, why not give it a try!? I am willing to learn and I figured if I just spent that much on a MOD, what's another $30? I sure have spent a lot of money since I started and can't believe my wife hasn't .... a brick about it. I guess she is just glad I don't smell or have a fat lip from the dip. Thank you all for the advice and all!

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Did you pick up some cartomizers at the same time?

I just went ahead and ordered an IBTanked 22MM standard tank, why not give it a try!? I am willing to learn and I figured if I just spent that much on a MOD, what's another $30? I sure have spent a lot of money since I started and can't believe my wife hasn't .... a brick about it. I guess she is just glad I don't smell or have a fat lip from the dip. Thank you all for the advice and all!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The flat ended spacer to make the tanks look flush with the MOD.

With a 22mm IBTanked you do. The ProVari body is ≈ 22mm, so there is a slight overhang with a 22mm tank. The tapered top of the ProVari is ≈ 19mm, so a 19mm IBT, the Protanks and other clearos using the ProTank base are flush at the top. Only the ones that use the Protank base though, not all of the ones that use Protank heads like the HyperTank.

ETA: The overhang isn't really that big of a deal.

The one in the middle is a HyperTank on a full size ProVari with a beauty ring. The other two are both 22mm regular IBTanks. The one on the right has a beauty ring, the one on the left doesn't, so you can see the 22mm overhang.

1dh2.jpg

Last edited:

wagon52

Verified Member
With a 22mm IBTanked you do. The ProVari body is ≈ 22mm, so there is a slight overhang with a 22mm tank. The tapered top of the ProVari is ≈ 19mm, so a 19mm IBT, the Protanks and other clearos using the ProTank base are flush at the top. Only the ones that use the Protank base though, not all of the ones that use Protank heads like the HyperTank.

ETA: The overhang isn't really that big of a deal.

The one in the middle is a HyperTank on a full size ProVari with a beauty ring. The other two are both 22mm regular IBTanks. The one on the right has a beauty ring, the one on the left doesn't, so you can see the 22mm overhang.

Gotcha. I ordered the spacer with the IBTank.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Cool deal thanks. I'm not real familiar with the carto tanks and how they work. Looking into them, do they provide better flavor? Looking at IBTanked right now.

IBTanked are my favorite with my ProVari. I have the exact same as you: Black satin 2.5 with extension cap. LOVE IT with the IBTanked tanks. Definitely the best vape experience for me!!! I have several of the 22mm tanks with standard tube and a couple of the halfling tubes also. If you do get some IBTanks, order the ProVari ring they sell also. It makes the ProVari look perfect with the tanks!!
I also have several protanks but for me the IBTanks are in a completely different league.

Good Luck and Enjoy!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread