Another new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
Well, I'm nearing the end of day 2.5 without cigarettes and to be completely honest, I'm shocked at how easy it's been using vaping as my crutch. Like a lot of you, I've tried it all from cold turkey to drugs and I always came back to smoking. Previous best was 8 months (yeah, I know......it hurt me too).

Right now I'm using 808d stuff and pretty happy with it. I know there's a lot out there that's better, but thought this was a good way to get my feet wet while making sure I wasn't going to turn out to be allergic to anything or if it worked for me at all.

Bought some great juice from Flavour Crafters, filled the cartos up and haven't looked back. Well, I looked back once but it was the last cigarette I had left in the pack. I just kind of wanted it gone. The confusing and funny part is that out of the five flavours I ordered, the first three I put into cartos turned out to be my least fave. In fact, I hate them. So there I was choking back these horrible flavours thinking that everything tasted like that and wondering why in the world people like vaping so much. Haha. But I eventually set up the remaining two and love them. Plus FC sent me a sample flavour which has turned out to be my favourite so far.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :)

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
Oh, and for the record, the flavours I don't like are Blueberry, Creamy Cappuccino and the most evil of them all......Maple Tobacco. Even thinking about the maple tobacco flavour makes me feel sick. I'll leave it open in the cupboard for a month and hope it comes around. Blueberry is tolerable, but still kind of weird tasting like the Maple Tobacco. Creamy Cappuccino is nasty but doable. A dead ringer for SmokeStik I bought a while back when I got interested in vaping.

Obviously, I just quit a 20 year, 17 (or so) cigarette a day habit so my taste buds and sense of smell are still totally messed up. That may have something to do with it. I guess I'll find out in a month.

The flavours I did like were Absinthe (strong, but nice every once in a while), Grape Tobacco and my favourite of all, Blackberry Tobacco. I can not say enough about the Blackberry Tobacco. It's delicious.

Flavour Crafters is fantastic, by the way. I know that for a lot of you on here the shipping makes it a non-starter, but for us Canadians, they're great. I placed an order from Jugheads today as well and can't wait to try out his offerings.

Reserveheads

Nov 27, 2012
New York
Congrats Froghammer , I have been smoke free since July 4th 2010 , and vaping basically has saved my life. I smoked 2 packs a day for 35 years. And vaping is the only way I was able to quit , I was hypnotized , acupunctured, medicated , patched and cold turkeyed and nothing worked until I discovered vaping ...you keep it going you will make it . If I can do it you can...keep pushin on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread