Status
Not open for further replies.

dkonrai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
norcal
hi peeps,
im a noob, but after reading this forum and lurking around, i decided to buy a joy ego, and give it a try. well i wasnt disappointed. this thing is amazing. had one cig since i got this. i cant believe that i like the joy ego better than traditional cigs. :vapor:
thanks for all the info:) if it wasnt for this forum, i would not have quit. now i can slowly drop my nic intake, and get off this darn nic fit
now i have quit a few times, the longest was for two years. long story, tried some cheap ecigs at the local 7/11, and they didnt work at all.
dino

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Congrats!

Here's some good news for you: Nicotine is not actually all that addictive, so even if you just use your eGo and not even worry about it your addiction may become less and less over time. Mine has.

Nicotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QUOTE:
"Technically, nicotine is not significantly addictive, as nicotine administered alone does not produce significant reinforcing properties.[41] However, only after coadministration with an MAOI, such as those found in tobacco, nicotine produces significant behavioral sensitization, a measure of addiction potential. This is similar in effect to amphetamine.[42]"

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
rosa,
so i can eventually get off the nic fits? i do love my pv:) it really does rock. i get a whole day of vaping off this pv:)

Yes, I've been vaping for almost a year now and generally I don't bring my e-cig with me when I go out because I usually forget it's there anyway. I mostly just vape at home. I've been known to forget to vape, like if I'm leaving the restaurant and walking over to the movie theatre with my guy, I'll forget to vape before the movie (and this is after eating a meal!) and it doesn't really bother me - now I can wait until the movie is over. And I'm still using 24mg e-liquid too! Just imagine if I'd been trying to wean myself off for the past few months.

I can tell you, I smoked for 25 years. I smoked pregnant, sick, whatever... I couldn't go to the mailbox without a pack of cigarettes in my pocket (what if something happened and needed a smoke?) I have never been able to quit for any real amount of time before and I had pretty much given up.

If e-cigs became illegal tomorrow and I couldn't get stuff anymore, I'd probably just quit. I don't think I'd go back to smoking now, because they just taste awful and give me a headache (I smoked for two days last summer when all my batteries died).

My point is, if you just vape for a year you could probably quit cold turkey if you wanted to. Just don't try to do it too quickly, let the e-cig do it's job.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Congrats on your success story. Just got a ego-t type b myself, hopefully I like it better than regular cigarettes. Although, I don't want to be spending as much as I do for cigarettes. That'll kind of defeat the purpose IMO.

Haven't had any success in the past, longest I've quite was a month.....6 yrs ago LOL. Want my experience with e-cigs to have me quit for the rest of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread