Another Review of the Drag 2 by Voopoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I have been asked to do a review of the Voopoo Drag 2 dual 18650 device to add to the others already out there. I was asked to do this when I won the kit in a competition.

This doesn't mean that I will not give my honest opinion on the device and tank and I will always try to be as subjective as possible.

The Drag 2 came packaged in a fairly nice box with the Voopoo brand colours in the design.

20190127_114103.jpg

The Kit contains a Drag 2 177W tc box mod, a Uforce T2 tank, an N3 and U2 coil, 7 replacement O rings, a spare glass tank tube, a usb cable and a warranty card with user manual and genie chip card. There is a scratch and check on the box to check authenticity.
The packaging is sufficiently well presented and worthy of the device it contains but it's nothing special really.
20190127_115144.jpg

20190127_114303.jpg

The mod has a nice solid feel and there is no rattle or movement on my example. Battery door rattle has been reported on some units but they seem to have fixed this on mine. The mod comes with on resin panel with a swirled colour design and the battery door panel has the drag logo across it. Why they didn't put resin panels on both sides I don't know because the resin gives a nice look. It has a firing button, 2.5 cm display and 2 adjustment button + and - . Just under the adjustment button id the micro usb port which is used for firmware updates and in battery charging. The 510 connection is firmly screwed down to the mod so is not a press fit like some others which is a big plus. It is however raised very slightly so the tank does not sit exactly flush. This may annoy some people but for me it's fine and it will negate any wear on the device as you screw the tank on and off.

5 clicks turns the device on an off and the + and - buttons adjust the device up and down. It defaults initially to wattage mode. It has power mode, Fit mode, custom mode and temperature control mode which can be set to the usual differing coil types. I haven't tested it in TC mode as i'm not a fan so cannot comment. It has a detect atomiser function which automatically suggest the wattage according to resistance reading. You enter the functions mode by pressing the +and - buttons simultaneously.

Power mode... The display shows the coil resistance, length of puff in real time and voltage and 2 large indicators show the battery levels.

Fit mode... The display shows the battery levels and fit 1,2 and 3 which basically corresponds to different power levels. These are supposed to save power by running the device at various level but in my opinion these are gimmicky at best and certainly I just prefer to make my own adjustments in power mode.

TC mode...from what I can see it works in the normal way but I cannot comment further.

Custom mode.....The custom mode give the possibility of 5 different presets a in which you can adjust the different power curves to your taste. For me I rarely adjust the factory settings as I find those to be sufficient.

20190127_114115.jpg

The Uforce T2 Tank
The tank holds 3.5 mls of eliquid and comes installe with the bybble tank. The replacement is straight sided. The coils are drop in and easily replaceable by disassembling the tank. It has a top fill filling system which is a simple sliding mechanism which I really like as it makes it much easier to fill when you don't have to hold a separate component/top cap. The aperture is wide enough to fit most refill bottles and I have had no problems even with my cut down chubby gorillas. Mine came with a matchy drip tip which has a nice fine edge to it which I like.

The airflow adjusts from restrictive to airy which is a nice range from this type of tank. It's not quite MTL but some users will still like it. The coils produce a nice amount of vapor and I am very impressed with the flavour even after a long time vaping with different eliquids. In short this is a nice tank and its coils are easily available in the market place.

20190127_114350.jpg

Conclusion

So would I recommend this mod? Well yes I would it is relatively well built, feels solid and I suspect with care will last a long time. The chip seems to be a good one and the size is quite petite whilst feeling good in the hand. The resin design on the front panel are really nice but I definitely think they would sell more if they made both panels in resin.

I don't know if it is just me but it seems relatively economic with regard to power usage and I have noticed that my 2 batteries are lasting slightly longer for the same wattage than some of my other mods. This may be the chip or an efficient coil...??

I hope that this review was interesting to read and helpful to some of you and I will see you next time with my next review. Cheers guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread