Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
A dank basement in SE Minnesota
I have two mugs.

One holds pencils, KR808 batteries, odds n' ends.

The other of course holds coffee.

Last night while distracted, I put my Ego into a mug while I answered the phone.

Guess which mug?

I'm drying it out right now. I have a feeling it will not owrk anymore, although the button light blinked madly when I pulled it from the mug, indicating there's some life there. I did blow out the USB connection at the battery base and thoroughly dried the unit with paper towels. Thing of it is, the phone call took awhile, and the Ego had a nice, long soaky bath in Mexican Altura.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed, y'know?

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
When ever I buy Nori (its the seaweed wraps you can find at Safeway) I save the big moisture packs they come with. I don't know what is in them but they suck the moisture out of anything! I have rescued many a dunked cell phone with these packs and keep them around just for this. One time my cell phone sat in the pool for a full five minutes before I realized it. Nori packs saved the day....

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I second the rice things, I've saved many an MP3 player using that trick.

Those eGos are pretty well sealed, you might just be okay. Let us know how it goes.

Once I dropped my iPod Touch in the fishtank, and it was funky for a couple days but it recovered well. Now it's my best friend.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
A dank basement in SE Minnesota
Dude please stay away from power tools and buzz saws.

LOL

Yeah, but I still have to tin some speaker wires. Wonder if I'll be able to handle the Weller in my current state of....er, disaster.

Trust me, I'm staying away from anything that cuts, drills or sands. Also, I decided that today would be a really horrible day to connect a new deep-cycle battery in series with my Astron power supply....

Hi hi hi

Poulside

Dec 29, 2010
Missouri
lol! So sorry to laugh, but I just had a similar instance!! As I was unscrewing my carto to put on a different flavor, I fumbled the whole thing and it went straight into my coffee cup. I stood there just staring at it thinking, well...I was gonna throw on a coffee flavored carto anyway, what the heck! Pulled it out, dried it off and waited a while and it worked ok. Even had a nice little boost of coffee flav! :)

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
LOL

Yeah, but I still have to tin some speaker wires. Wonder if I'll be able to handle the Weller in my current state of....er, disaster.

Trust me, I'm staying away from anything that cuts, drills or sands. Also, I decided that today would be a really horrible day to connect a new deep-cycle battery in series with my Astron power supply....

Hi hi hi

LOL! QSL my friend. Maybe one day we can echo link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread