Another Scredriver review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grenage

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Good morning, afternoon or evening :)

I received my screwdriver early this morning, which was a very prompt next-day service; thank you, Trogg. The atomiser/nebuliser isn't produced by Trogg's bunch, but I'll review the product as a whole.

I haven't had experience with nearly as many models as a lot of people on this board, so any comparisons I make are against the following models:

RN4081 (my first)
KB Classic (my second)
DSE901 (my third)

Build Quality/physical/aesthetics

Very nice build, everything fits perfectly and it's nice and solid. It's actually smaller than I thought it would be; I don't know what I was expecting, but it is a convenient size (I do have large hands). The battery is of course a lot larger than in my other e-cigs, which is the main selling point of the Screwdriver. The fact that it looks more like a screwdriver than a cigarette is a bonus for me.

Performance

The DSE901 atomiser works well here, and the 1000mAh battery delivers a good, constant current. Having used it heavily since I received it, it's nice not to worry about swapping out batteries constantly, as I have to do with the KB and others. Their batteries are fine, but atomiser performance drops off after a relatively short period by comparison.

I find that I get about the same amount of vapour from the Screwdriver as I do from my Janty, but without roasting the cartridge in the process. As described in other threads, I tend to roast my cartridge filling by over-heating the atomiser. This can leave a bitter throat hit, which is a little burnt; I don't suffer from that with the screwdriver. If I were to work on the assumption that I am over-working the Janty (which is likely the case), then the screwdriver produces a fair bit more vapour. Dripping the Janty works a lot better, and that's how I use it now.

The throat hit is both smooth and pleasant; having not tried this flue-cured 24mg stuff before I am pretty sure I'll be ordering a batch of it soon. This can't be accredited to the Screwdriver, but I thought I should mention it, since that's the liquid that comes with the unit.

Price

This unit isn't cheap, of that there is no doubt, but it's not produced in a factory in China so I was happy to pay that bit extra. I still think it should come with a Union Jack paint job, but you can't have it all ;) For the extended battery life I believe it is worth it, but if you have access to a power point and a charger for most of the day then you may not.

Overall: I'm very happy with the unit and will be using it as my primary device, with the KB as main backup. I would happily recommend it to any of my friends who have started e-smoking and believe that they will stick with it.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the chinese tell fibs about battery capacity.. i would guess the tru capacity of most of the available 16340s to be around 750 mah..

use whatever type suits u.. the spiderfire ones are okay..

one warning.. do not use the protected ones.. the chippery stuck on the end makes them longer and they wont fit.. or at least the two body halves wont close up properly..

if in doubt and buying from DX.. get the pack of four spider fire purple ones.. they are very good value and work well...

to avoid confusion we recommend the spiderfire pack

DealExtreme: $6.99 SpiderFire LC-16340 3.6V 880mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (4-Pack)

these little chaps seem to be okay as chargers.. we have a few on test

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6672

as with any chinese stuff always have some spare parts..

trog

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread