Another vapor tongue lament...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangroover

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Holy crap - make it go away!

I've been vaping for about six months, and I've had vapor tongue a few times since then, but it's only lasted a couple of days at most. Don't know what brought it on, not sure why it went away. Still, at a couple days, even if pretty frustrating, I could handle it.

This last bout has been going on now for over a week!

I've tried everything I can think of to chase it off, to no avail. Switching flavours, cutting my vaping down, brushing my tongue, chewing on hot pepper flakes, putting a dab of vinegar on my tongue, drinking orange juice, and of course drinking water (lots of it), Nada, nothing, zip, zilch. The blasted vapor tongue remains. Argh!

The odd thing is, I can still sort of taste my liquids, just not any of the sweet notes, which makes the liquids pretty bland, I must say.

Anyway, this is more of a desperate rant that anything else. I guess (hope!) time will take care of this.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
I feel your pain. Though I have only had a short bout of it one time, it totally sucked. I could only taste the really "high" notes of the vape...in the back of my palette and throat. These were the tart flavor notes of the vape. And it seemed like the actual vapor tasted like plastic or vaseline or something along those lines. Blech.

Hope you are better soon.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I had it for almost a month it will go away. One plus hurry up and vape all of the crappy juices you dont like;-) Ive herd pressing the oil from a 10 habanero peppers with a garlic press gargle with the juice followed by eating a hand full of Thi peppers is suposed to be a sure fire 100% cure. If you do this please make a video and post.

TheDarthJager

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Texas
I feel ya, I had that happen to me a few weeks ago and it sucked. I've done a little research into and it can actually be caused by a few different thinks.

Using the same juices over and over- you brain actually registers the taste as white noise because its being exposed to it all the time.
Dehydration- self explanatory.
Your body getting use to not getting the amount of nicotine it use to- does weird stuff to your body chemistry.
Lack of Nicotine and VG- both of these are flavor enhancers so going down on your nicotine or VG can cause that flavor to diminish.
And of course, for no reason what so ever- it happens man, just grit your teeth and keep marching and it will go away.

Hope that might have shed a little light on this for ya, hope your vapor tongue goes away soon.

TheDarthJager

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Texas
I had it for almost a month it will go away. One plus hurry up and vape all of the crappy juices you dont like;-) Ive herd pressing the oil from a 10 habanero peppers with a garlic press gargle with the juice followed by eating a hand full of Thi peppers is suposed to be a sure fire 100% cure. If you do this please make a video and post.

Dang, that's evil dude...I wanna see it too.

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
I had my first experiance when I ate an extremely hot piece of pizza. BAN HOT PIZZA. The tongue and roof of my mouth felt normal again after 3 days but it took over a week for the juice to taste right. I made the best of it and finished off the "so'so" flavors. Also learned it takes longer for mature taste buds to revie themselves. BAN AGING.

vangroover

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada

You know what, I'm almost tempted to try that out! Almost.

Tracey1: I normally vape tobacco flavours. They range from full-on NETs (that are pretty dry tasting) to sweet synthetic tobacco RY4s, which are sweeter. I've also been getting into some creamy custardy-type of flavours too. Now, just like cmdebrecht said, I just taste tart notes basically.

I'm going to go hunting for some of that Biotene gum. Worth a shot.

Thanks all for your suggestions and support.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread