Another what to buy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vf8170

Oct 22, 2012
Indiana
Hi all. I have been reading through the forum for a couple days now trying to figure out which ecig would work for me. I gotta say, there way to many choices.

I have picked up some cheap throw away ecigs from gas stations that turned out to be junk.

I just picked up the mistic starter kit the other day which I half way like. Just found out that they are not making them anymore though. That is why I staryed searching here.

Since then, I have learned about all yhe choices and flavors that has just confused me.

I like the "mini" because of the size but think I have decided on the next size up. So I'm asking for your thoughts. Please post a link to a trustable place to buy your suggestion.

What I think I want in an ecig:

Mid size
Automatic
reliable
I dont need anything fancy

Also, sorry if I misstype, I'm on my phone lol

Thank you in advance.

Vince

jhouk2000

Oct 14, 2012
Kentucky
Just started myself and was concerned with getting something that was too unlike a cigarette. Ended up chosing the ego-c with the 650mah battery. Its about twice the size of an analog but its not an issue.

I have read about the automatic and manual batteries and there seems to be more cons withe automatics (firing at the wrong times, slow draws, ect.). I really like the manual batteries with the 3 or 5 rapid click off feature as I pack mine in my pocket.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
You get used to the manual in about 3 seconds and you'll end up liking it more because you control the inhale. I know it "sounds" odd, it did to me too, but you'll find it's really not an issue at all.

If you think you want an automatic (nothing wrong with trying one out), some of the KR808 kits give you the option to get one automatic battery and one manual battery. See which you prefer.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Howdy!!

I'm using an ego c twist w/a mini vivi nova clearomizer filled w/555 juice. I've been off analogs (after 32 yrs) for almost 3 months. My primary vendor is DesertVapes Electronic Cigarettes and Supply. I use the manual ego c twist, never tried the automatic, but this setup worked for me. Good luck and remember, no matter what setup you vape it's healthier and cheaper than analogs.

Harley

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
Yonder Way
Hi and Welcome !!! I guess I am what most folks would call an ole timer..there are so many choices these days in the ecig world.. If I may ask, where are you located ??? There may be a vape shop right around the corner depending on wherei you live..you can't Hardly beat a ego battery and a carto for a simple vape until you get settled in on vaping there are several vendor that sell kits these days that include 2 batteries and a few cartos in a nice case so basically all you would need to get started is some juice..I am NOT. A vendor but I can recommend a couple reputable vendor that I use which I feel have fair pricing.. If you would like more info please pm me....

And again,, Welcome.

vf8170

Oct 22, 2012
Indiana
Hello and thank you for all the replies. @Harley, I really wish I seen your post before buying, I can not send PM's yet. I would like a list of reputable vendors if you could PM them to me.

For the record, I live in a small town in SE Indiana. Closest place that might carry any is WG in town which I read to stay away from "blu". To many bad stories.

I have just ordered the "manual" KR808D1 $30 starter kit from myvaporstore, I was going to go with the $65 kit but it seemed like to to much for me. I don't even know what a passthough is and what it does lol.

In any case I believe I might be happy with this from reading the reviews. I want to try to find a place that has good ejuice samplers next.

Did I make an ok decision?

Last edited:

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
If your goal is to smoke light, and you won't be using these constantly then maybe, I would get the Volt. If your a heavy smoker and will be vaping a lot these will be sitting on a charger all the time and you will probably upgrade to an Ego or something like it sooner than later.

I would put that 30 bucks into an Ego C twist or a Volt X2 and skip sticks altogether. If you want a stick ecig I would get the V2 or Volt.

Last edited:

vf8170

Oct 22, 2012
Indiana
Yes, that is what I figured Ed. $30 seems like a safe bet with the reviews I have read.

I don't know about moving up though. This might just be the noob coming out in me but I don't need anything flashy, anything that says, "look at me". I'm an under the radar guy. I just love tobacco everything and my wife doesn't share my thoughts.

Thanks

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The batteries are 280 mah- Batt info- 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before recharge. If you're a light smoker the KR808D1 will serve you well. My suggestions would've been:
KGO kit1100mAh by SLB $38.00
or
KGO kit1100mAh by SLB $43.00
Discount Code for 5% off: 5off
eGo fires at 3.4 volts while the Kgo fires at 3.7 volts. About the size of a sharpie pen/ same size as eGo.
We always need backups so the Manual KR808D1 will be handy and will also allow you to see if you really like the manual versus the auto.
If you're really stuck on the cig sized Smokeless Image has some great kits but always post your thoughts before purchasing- maybe find a discount for you:
ECF Electronic Cigarette Coupon codes - Your source for electronic cigarette discount coupons
and
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-905.html
Best of Luck.

Hello and thank you for all the replies. @Harley, I really wish I seen your post before buying, I can not send PM's yet. I would like a list of reputable vendors if you could PM them to me.

For the record, I live in a small town in SE Indiana. Closest place that might carry any is WG in town which I read to stay away from "blu". To many bad stories.

I have just ordered the "manual" KR808D1 $30 starter kit from myvaporstore, I was going to go with the $65 kit but it seemed like to to much for me. I don't even know what a passthough is and what it does lol.

In any case I believe I might be happy with this from reading the reviews. I want to try to find a place that has good ejuice samplers next.

Did I make an ok decision?

Last edited:

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
For a first time vaper, I'd go with the Kgo kit if you are a fairly heavy smoker and cost is of primary concern. It has enough power to get you started and lasts all day. Kr808d equip is 808 threading and will be mainly compatible with the volt type equip without an adapter. 510 threading is pretty much the standard these days and all the more high powered equip has that. Most of the kr808 equip I've used will need multiple charges throughout the day and are usually in the area of 280mah. 100mah = about an hour of usage.
KGO kit1100mAh by SLB
If you want to go vv in the future may want to keep an eye out for this kit it is usually sold out in a few hours when they get them in.
eGo CE5 C-Twist 1000 mah Kit

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I'd with mini. Low profile. There is a ego mini battery for 11 to 15 bucks each. You canpush a variety of attys or cartos as you choose. 3.7 LR vaping is pleasant and easy if you want to keep it simple. they say it drains the battery faster so buy two. If your having cravings for the real thing buy WTA any flavor really from Aroma juice. So that means ignore the politics, enjoy and keep,it simple.

vf8170

Oct 22, 2012
Indiana
Wow, thank you for all the replies. I really do want to keep it simple.

All the links provided look like very good deals. I might upgrade to one of those with a longer battery at some point. The size should not bother me as I enjoy hand rolled cigars as well ;) I just don't want to be sitting there and stick out looking like I'm puffing on a pen of some sort lol.

Thanks again everyone, much appropriated.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
If you do want to buy wait until Christmas for the sales- anywhere from 30-50% off regular prices. If you think you're head is spinning now wait until this thread comes alive in a couple of months:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-905.html

Wow, thank you for all the replies. I really do want to keep it simple.

All the links provided look like very good deals. I might upgrade to one of those with a longer battery at some point. The size should not bother me as I enjoy hand rolled cigars as well ;) I just don't want to be sitting there and stick out looking like I'm puffing on a pen of some sort lol.

Thanks again everyone, much appropriated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread