Anthony Vapes: Acrohm Fush Mod Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Acrohm Fush mod, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Acrohm Fush mod is the latest and first mod from new vape manufacturer Acrohm. They Just started in 2018 and this is their first device so can’t speak of any history as that is non-existent. The Fush mod looks just like a mech tube but it’s not a mech. They list it as a semi mech which i’m not a fan of but it’s once again not a mech, but a simple non adjustable, direct output mod with protections and a LED light on the tube and made to simulate the usage of a mech but with safeties. It is single battery and can take a 18650 battery only. It’s only available in the 1 color which is Stainless Steel. Looking around online i see it cheapest at 62 USD but not so sure of the site personally most sites list it at 75-100 USD.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Proprietary Ace Chip
  • Power Output Based on Current Battery State
  • 3.2 to 4.2V Working Voltage
  • 40A Maximum Bypass Output
  • 0.07 to 2.5 ohm Atomizer Resistance
  • 26mm Diameter
  • 28mm Base Diameter
  • 110mm Tall
  • Accommodates Up To 25mm Atomizers
  • Gold Plated 510 Connection
  • Spring Loaded Center Pin
  • Single 18650 Battery Powered
  • Threaded Battery Cap
  • Battery Sold Separately
  • Recessed Firing Button
  • Spring Loaded Gold Plated Contact
  • Built-In Battery Vent Holes
  • 5 Clicks to Lock/Unlock
  • 3 Clicks to Cycle Light Mode
  • Flick Twice for Breathing Mode
  • Colored LED Body
  • Breathing LED Function
  • Five Interchangeable Colors: Red, Green, Blue, Pink, White
  • Flick to Change Color
  • Super Durable PC External Tube
  • Food Grade Stainless Steel Body
  • Copper Internal Tube
  • PCB Circuit Board: High Temperature Protection/Short Circuit Protection/Overload Protection/Over-Time Protection/Low Voltage Protection/Reverse Protection
Included in box:
  • 1 Acrohm Fush Mod
  • 1 Instructional Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the feeling of it. Not many mods like this these days. There was the armor prime i reviewed like 6 months ago but haven’t seen another like it until this as in a mech tube styled direct output mod with safeties. This mod has some serious weight to it and feels built like a tank. It’s a simple sleek design btu has an added LED but for those who don’t like LEDs you can turn it off as well. Overall though pretty impressed with the build quality and the styling of it. The only thing that surprised me is that it’s 18650 only and these days i’m surprised it didn’t have an option for a 21700 battery.

Performance
Overall this mod performed for me as it should and as expected with no issues. I tested it with the SOny VTC5A batteries. At a .12 resistance the mod output 3.051 volts 78 watts and 25 amps. With a .15 build it put out 3.366 volts 76 watts and 22 amps. With a .2 ohm build it put out 3.576 volts 64 watts and 18 amps. With a .6 ohm build i got 3.997 volts 26 watts and 7 amps. It performs like a good mech mod would and pretty much the same as the ehpro armor prime so no complaints from me there. It works exactly as it should. They do list a 40a limit which is pretty theoretical at best i’d take it with a grain of salt personally and wouldn’t pay much attention to it and doubtful you’d be able to get 40 amps out of this mod but the performance is more than good enough for what it should be.

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a 5 click to turn on and off of the fire button. The fire button is a nice size bottom spring loaded fire button like we see on many mech tubes. It has a nice throw and nice resistance to it and feels as good as a good mech so well done there. There is no USB or on board charging so you’ll need an external charger. I don’t recommend charging mods internally anyway so not a big deal to me. There is also no battery meter either. I’ll run down the usage as it’s pretty simple but not explained very well. The mod has an auto off feature when sitting for about 15 mins approx it’ll turn off if left on. When on, clicking fire 3 times will cycle between LED on and LED off. If you want to use the “breathing mode” which means LED only on when firing you turn the LED off with the 3 clicks, then flick it twice. This will activate breathing mode. 3 clicks will turn the LED off when in breathing mode. With the LED on or in breathing mode, simply flick it to cycle to the next color option. It cycles Red, Green, Blue, Pink, then White. Pretty easy to use overall once you get the hang of it.

The mod can be used with a 18650 battery only. Kind of an odd choice these days to not be 21700 compatible but based on the size i understand. It’s already 28mm at the base, 26mm at the tube to the top then it slightly bevels in to 24.5mm at the 510 platform. Looks really good with a 24mm or 25mm RDA. The mod is made of solid copper on the inside and has some nice weight to it. The outside is SS304 and the tube is bulletproof PC, and no i didn’t shoot the mod to test it but i will say it does feel very durable and has handled a few accidental drops quite well. You’d never know i dropped it. The mod has a nice shiny finish to it while looking great and has shown no signs of wear. The mod itself is build solid with no rattle at all. The Battery door is a screw on bottom cap like most mech mods use and the threading is just absolutely amazing and smooth as hell. The spring loaded 510 pin is great and gave me no issues at all with all atomizers sitting flush. The 24.5mm diameter makes it look good with 24mm and 25mm atomizers. 22mm ones look a little small on it in my opinion.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Nice simple looks and form factor
  • good size for portability
  • looks like a mech mod but safer
  • no button rattle
  • awesome fire button
  • excellent threading
  • good 510 pin
  • performance
  • nice bright LED with good amount of options
  • simple easy to use
Cons:
  • More color options would be nice
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do the hard yes or no, but for this i have to lean towards the yes for this one. It’s a great device for those who want to try mechs or like mech looks but don’t want to worry about doing something unsafe. It’s not cheap but it feels worth the money if you can spare it and If you wanted to try a mech this is a great way to start to learn how to build for one without worrying about safety. It’s still cheaper then a lot of authentic mechs these days. Overall it’s a great first effort from a new company. I’ll be adding this to my sheet in the unique section

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Acrohm

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread