Anthony Vapes: Arctic Dolphin Crea Sqounk Kit Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Arctic Dolphin Crea sqounk Kit. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from heavengifts.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Arctic Dolphin Crea Kit is a new sqounk box which is all the rage lately. It’s a mechanical sqounker in a 3d printed box made for 18650 batteries only. It’s available in 4 colors Black, Blue, orange, and white each with black doors and a black RDA if you buy this kit.

Manufacturer's Specs
Crea MOD

• Size: 81.55125mm
  • Material: ABS Fireproof
  • Squeeze Bottle: Silicone
  • Batteries Type: 1 x 18650 battery (not included)
  • Thread: 510 thread
  • New lock switch for safe vaping
  • High electrical conductivity with 8 silver-plated parts
  • Spring battery electrode for easy installation
  • Changeable outer shell with DIY 3D printing
  • Powerful MOD by single 18650 battery
  • Food grade silicone squeeze bottle
BF RDA
  • Size: 22 x 27mm
  • Thread: 510 thread
  • Adjustable side airflow
  • Deep juice well for large storage
Included in box:
  • 1 x Arctic Dolphin Crea Squonk MOD
  • 1 x BF RDA
  • 1 x Spare Parts
  • 1 x User Manual
Pictures and test results
Spreadsheet:
lmZFXV2.png

Stock Shot Colors:
Arctic-Dolphin-Crea-BF-Squonk-Kit_12_e300ed.jpg

Size comparisons

G7O5OLb.jpg

7hUkCGo.jpg

QDAHXiP.jpg

V2V0PTK.jpg

CBAdnfh.jpg

Handchecks:

Jy4reze.jpg

Bottle

wNUNJP6.jpg

Switch

BOEtFYL.jpg

RDA

Arctic-Dolphin-Crea-BF-RDA_0043111ca365_l.JPG

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I really liked the look and feel. It’s a simple box that has a nice rubberized finish to it. I have the all black one but there are other colors as well. Everything seems high quality on it. There is no play in the battery door or either panel. The magnets work great. The hole cutout is nice and not sharp. Easy to sqounk and the included silicon bottle is very nice as well. Overall seems to be a good value sqounk box so far

Performance
I’m going to keep this short and simple. It’s an 18650 mod only so what I did was test 1 build which was a .21 load using a sony VTC5a fully charged battery. I tested it against the pulse and azeroth. My squeezer didn’t arrive yet but next sqounk mech i get i’ll test that as well if i don’t review it. For the pulse and azeroth I used the 18650 adapter (the one included with the pulse mod for more consistency. So head to head with all 3 at a .21 load the crea did have the least amount of drop+sag. It’s output was 3.682 compared to the azeroth at 3.576 and the pulse of course in last at 3.366. Mind you the adapter likely has a small factor too. The watt difference is 4 more watts then the azeroth with adapter and 11 more watts then the pulse with adapter. So in short a really good performer.

Crea RDA
The kit i got included the arctic dolphin Crea RDA. it’s a single coil RDA. The deck isn’t bad. It’s a 2 post 1 hole per post with a top down screw system. Apparently i brainfarted and forgot to take any pics of builds. I ran one mini fused clapton, 1 parallel nichrome build, and 1 triple parallel nichrome build. All in the .18 to .22 range. All 3mm ID. In short, i hated this thing and lt me tell you why. The top cap is made of POM plastic and feels really flimsy. The build deck because the way it takes leads leaves your coil on an angle and it’s pretty far away form the airflow. You don’t really cool your build well. The drip tip is a little dinky one. It is a 510 so you can use your own but the crown 3 one i wanted to use on it was too long and wound up right next to the coil. Really i’d just say don’t bother with this RDA

Other Usage Notes
The locking mechanism on this is fantastic. Just rotate the fire button to lock and unlock. It works great and easy to do. Very good idea and well done. The box itself is sturdy. Feels much nicer than the pulse. It has a rubberized type feel to it like the minikin 2 and i don’t see any signs of it wearing. There isn’t really any branding on the box either. Only on the bottom and the one side that says “crea” batteries are a little tight to get in, but easy to get out thanks to the battery ribbon. The silicon bottle is awesome. Soft but not too soft and works great. It’s 25mm Wide so any atomizer 25mm or less won’t overhang

Pros:
  • Looks
  • Sqounk Bottle
  • Color Options
  • Locking Mechanism
  • Feel/Finish
  • Color Options
  • Bright screen
  • price point
Cons:
  • 18650 Battery only
  • Included RDA
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not. I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, Personally I wouldn’t recommend the kit. I do however lean pretty heavy towards the yes for the mod only which is under 30 bucks. I’d just recommend pairing it with a better RDA. Also remember this is a mechanical mod with no safety features so know your batteries and how to build for one safely. If you don’t then get a regulated/protected sqounker instead

It can be purchased here https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Arctic-Dolphin-Crea-Squonk-Kit.html as a kit for 39.80 or you can buy the mod separate for 29.80

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations or my previous reviews feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again i want to thank Heaven Gifts for sending me these for review.

Reactions: lil_buddy

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
after two week using this squonk, i find few more cons:
1. 510 Connection, yes is bad, i need constant adjust each time i do top fill.
2. Door magnet went missing after two week usage (not sure when it gone).
3. Bottle leaks.
sorry mate
well i'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having hopefully i can offer some advice?

1) it's an adjustable 510 manually which i stated so yes you have to adjust it.
2) that really sucks but a magnet falling out of a 30 dollar box isn't the end of the world. i've had magnets fall out of other boxes but not this one. dropping them can also increase those changes
3) I'm not sure how a bottle can leak unless you got one with a hole in it?

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
well i'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having hopefully i can offer some advice?

1) it's an adjustable 510 manually which i stated so yes you have to adjust it.
2) that really sucks but a magnet falling out of a 30 dollar box isn't the end of the world. i've had magnets fall out of other boxes but not this one. dropping them can also increase those changes
3) I'm not sure how a bottle can leak unless you got one with a hole in it?
thanks u means 30dollars mod should leak n come with poor quality ...
Thanks again.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
thanks u means 30dollars mod should leak n come with poor quality ...
Thanks again.
I mean your attitude isn't leading to me being able to help, can you post pics? Give more detail? As far as the magnet goes idk if you used it as a hockey puck lol I was just giving a suggestion it won't fall out without blunt force and in that case it'll happen to most mods

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread