Anthony Vapes: Aspire Odan Sub Ohm Tank Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Aspire Odan Sub Ohm tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Aspire Odan Sub Ohm tank is the latest sub ohm tank from longtime vape manufacturer Aspire. They have a good history of making good products mostly overall with only a few duds and their tank lines have been loved by many for a long time like the Cleito series, Nautilus series, Triton, Atlantis, etc. So we’ll see if the Odan can live up to that legacy. The Odan is a pretty basic tank these days but with a cool glass design and some other nice features and uses mesh coils. The subohm tank market is kind of dominated these days by freemax and horizontech and uwell but most have higher watt requirements so this could fill a much needed niche. It’s available in 6 colors Black, SS, Smokey Quartz (gun metal), Emerald (green), Dark Blue, and Rainbow. Looking around online I see it listed around 28-43 USD but not available yet to even pre-order. However Aspire has them in stock off their official site for 28-30 USD depending on color choice.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 56mm x 28mm
  • E-Liquid Capacity: 7mL (Standard)/ 5mL(Diamond)
  • Thread: 510 Connection
  • Fill: Easy top filling
  • Drip Tip: 810 Honeycomb Resin Drip Tip
  • Material: Stainless Steel Construction, Polished PVD Coating
Included in box:
  • 1 x Odan Tank(5ml)
  • 1 x Glass Tube(7ml)
  • 1 x 0.2ohm Mesh Coil
  • 1 x 0.3ohm Mesh Coil (Preinstalled)
  • 8 x O-rings
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1 x Warranty Card
Coil Options and specs
  • Wick Material: 80% Linen Cotton + 20% Organic Cotton
  • 0.2ohm Mesh Coils, 50-60W
  • 0.3ohm Mesh Coils, 35-45W
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Aspire Odan Sub Ohm Tank is mostly a pretty standard looking sub ohm tank. If you used any tank in the past 2-3 years it won’t be much of a surprise. The one exception to that though is the diamond cut glass option it comes with to give it a unique look that I like a lot. The diamond cut bubble glass offers a 5ml capacity which is nice for the low watt sub ohm tank, but it also comes with a large 7ml capacity straight class option. I have the Black one and it looks really nice and I love that they have a green option which is sadly too rare these days. The matching snakeskin 810 resin tip goes nice with it as well but is common on most tanks these days. They offer it in 7 colors so great color variety.

Features and Functions
The Aspire Odan Sub Ohm Tank uses a Standard 810 Resin o-ringed fit drip tip so you can use most of your own as long as they have o-rings. The drip tip does fit good as well. All the threading on this tank is good. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a standard plus ing system like we see with the uwell crown 3 and recently on the aspire tigon. Works good so no complaints there.. Airflow is 3 good sized holes equally spaced apart on the bottom. Easily made for DTL vaping but not super airy. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust and it’s on a stopper. Filling is easy as well, it uses a slide back to expose the 1 large fill hole. It worked great with no issues for me and is very easy to fill. The one difference with the odan to many other slide back fill tanks (and just like the tigon) is that there is a “child lock” so you have to pull up before you can slide it back. I like it since I’ve seen some complain about slide tanks opening up in their pocket so it protects against that even though I’ve personally never had that issue. The tigon had the same thing but thankfully the odan one is easy to open and not too tight like the tigon was. No complaints from me at all on the filling.

I got the standard version so it came with 2 glasses one is the diamond cut fish bowl like glass for a solid 5ml capacity. I love the way it looks personally. They also include a straight glass that has a 7ml capacity if you wanted a larger capacity or didn’t like the looks of the diamond cut one. It’s listed at 28mm diameter at the base so could overhang on some mods so take note of that if that bothers you. 26-28mm diameter is pretty common for sub ohm tanks these days though.They also offer a TPD version with a 2ml slim glass. Another cool feature of the tank is the auto locking JFC (juice flow control). SInce the chamber is part of that and the tank instead of a chamberles design like many, the inside chamber matches the tank color which looks nice. Instead of many where it’s just a SS colored coil visible through the tank. The auto locking JFC means you can pull out the coil with a full tank and won’t leak or lose any juice. Popping the coil back in opens up the JFC automatically. I love that coil design personally. You can remove the coil with the tank full assembled and full of juice no issues. I have a pic showing that in the album as well. All in all it’s very similar to the tigon tank with a couple of improvements and made for a higher wattage and DTL, and design wise, that is a good thing as the tigon was a good tank.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 2 included coil options no RBA head. It uses a new style coil that only works with the odan and odan mini tanks (yes there is a mini version as well with a 25mm base if the 28mm one is too large for you). Of course because this is the trend both are mesh coils. One is a 0.2ohm rated 50-60 watts, and the other is a 0.3ohm rated 35-45 watts. I started with the .3 ohm coil. I found it best around 45 watts and with the air half closed off. Flavor was good for a 45 watt coil, no complaints there coil life was decent with only 50ml before it burned out. Just an ok coil. Then I used the .2 ohm coil. I found it best around 50 watts. This one fares better in the flavor department. One of the best ones I've had for 50 watts or less on a premade coil. Coil life was also good getting 80ml before it burned out.DTL tank in the 40-50 watt range that are good are hard to come by. I know fremax makes a lower watt 35ish coil for the fireluke 2, outside of that it’s been the nunchaku which i’ve been recommending for quite some time as it was clearly the top for that watt range and not much has competed with it since but Aspirre did a good job here. I’d recommend going with the .2 ohm coil around 50 watts and in that range it finally provides another option to the nunchaku performance wise.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (7 total including green)
  • AFC adjustable easily
  • thread quality
  • large capacity (7ml and 5ml tanks included)
  • good coil life on the .2 ohm coil
  • good flavor on the .2 ohm coil
  • child lock on slide back so it can’t open in pocket
  • nice looking diamond cut bubble tank
  • automatic JFC makes swapping coils with a full tank easy
  • easy to fill
  • nice resin 810 drip tip
  • fills a nice niche of a good sub ohm tank 50 watts or less
Cons
  • no RBA deck option
  • .3 ohm coil could be better
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one leans towards the yes. Not a lot of DTL sub ohm tanks coming out these days and most have been either lackluster or want at least 65 watts if not 100 to be good. Aspire offers here a tank good for single battery mods that only needs 50 watts to be good and has a massive 7ml capacity. The easy fill with the lock is nice so no opening in pockets and the auto JFC makes swapping coils even with a full tank a breeze. The diamond cut fish bowl glass and built in chimney for the coil give it a unique look as well. Overall it’s just a really nice tank if you want a lower watt DTL sub ohm tank. And if 28mm is too big to fit on your mod, they make a 25mm diameter mini version as well. I will be adding this to my sheet of recs linked below. Feel free to check that out if you are in the market for any new gear

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Aspire

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

• Winner
Reactions: ShamrockPat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread