Anthony Vapes: Capitvape Black Bat RDA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Capitvape Black Bat rda, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Capitvape Black Bat rda is the first product from brand new vape manufacturer Capitvape. So can’t really speak much on their history at all. They started in mid 2018 with the beta of this rda which i did get to beta and looks like just now it’s being released. I got the final version of this about 2 months or so ago. The Black Bat RDA is a Dual coil DTL RDA with an included squonk pin. It’s available in 4 colors SS, Black, Matte black and Matte SS. Looking around online i could only find them on 1 site i never heard of listed for pre-order at 24.99 so the pricing is good, but they do need to get it available in more places.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Dimensions: 25 x 33mm
  • 25mm Diameter
  • Gold-Plated Dual Post Deck
  • Easy Dual Coil Building
  • Special Top Design
  • Dual Adjustable Bottom Airflow
  • Deep Juice Well
  • Leak-Free Dripping Access
  • High-Grade Stainless Steel Construction
  • 810 Resin Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Compatible
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connector
  • Squonk BF 510 Pin Included
Included in box:
  • 1 x Black Bat RDA
  • 1 x Resin 810 Drip Tip
  • 1 x POM 810 Resin Drip Tip
  • 1 x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 x User Manual
  • Spare Parts
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RDA well i actually got a beta version from back in like august/sept which was originally slated to be a triple coil RDA but the deck well sucked which is the feedback they got from i guess everyone so it did undergo a few deck changes but really in the end the one they went with isn’t that good either. Kind of the issue with beta groups when you have many people all telling you something and those things become different you don’t really know who to listen to so sadly when the final version arrived, many of the complaints i had didn’t get fixed at all so from the start I wasn’t impressed with this RDA and they didn’t get enough good info out of the beta.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. Its a 2 post deck with 1 large post hole per post and a top down post screw. That means you do need to install both coils at the same time which i’m not a fan of for dual coil RDAs so they will get dinged on that. It’s kind of like a worse version of the SOI subzero X deck. The good thing about it is since the screws are top down it won’t twist your coil leads but outside of that not much positive i can say about it. It’s a pretty basic deck that is harder to build on then most due to needing to install both coils at the same time. Worse off using a round wire instead of a flat wire is a frustration as well. Due to the screws being so massive (which is a good thing overall but not in this case) round wire even 24G would get jammed along the side so you can’t just screw it down. You basically need to hold both leads in place at the bottom and have both coils held in place meaning it would have been nice to have a few extra hands. Really not a good deck for round wire at all and even for flat wires it’s below average. The post screws are really good quality hex head grub screws. No complaints there. Overall not a good deck for a dual coil RDA.

Wicking on it is quite easy. It’s an RDA so nothing fancy just drop your wick leads to the bottom.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Dual Coil RDA only as intended by the design. I ran 4 builds in this 1 fancy 3mm ID build, 1 fancy 3.5 mm ID build, 1 fancy 4mm ID build and 1 simple round 3mm ID build. The flavor is not as good as i would expect from a dual coil RDA. The air is less than you would think and the chamber is massive. Really mismatched design wise. The larger then 3mm ID builds really don’t have the air to support it, so it’s best used with a 3mm ID or less but the flavor is still pretty sub par for a dual coil RDA especially a bottom air one which i believe to be the chamber being so big for smaller coils. That’s the only reasonable explanation i can come to for the lack of performance. Overall not very impressed with the flavor of this RDA

Airflow, Misc. Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. It’s a pretty basic bottom airflow RDA with a decent sized oval shaped inlet on the outside and matching one on the inside. Similar to the azathoth and aura RDAs. It adjusts easily by spinning the whole top cap. Fully open it’s a restricted DTL vape as it is so no reason to really close it down more unless your build is tiny. It also is kinda loud fully open and closing it down makes it louder and adds a whistle so it’s best sued fully open. The top cap locks into place to make it easy to screw on and off your mod which is nice. The top cap is quite nice and thick though and dissipates heat really well and doesn't get hot while chain vaping.

It comes with 2 standard drip tips, one is a Resin friction fit 810 tip (color vaires based on color of RDA. my matte black one came with a black/grey one not as colorful as the pictures on their site show it to be) and one is a simple black delrin friction fit 810 tip, and they include a delrin 510 adapter as well. No 510 tip though but not a big deal. 2 Tips and an adapter is good in my book. The Drip tips all fit very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. You can use your own as well and most should work just fine. I tried a couple other 810 tips with no issues personally. The quality on the Capitvape Black Bat is actually pretty excellent. Very nice quality on a their first RDA ever and better then some companies who have been around for a long time in the same price range. The paint job is really nice on my matt black with no signs of damage or chipping, The o-rings all fit great and the cap is easy to get on and off with no issues. The deck and positive pins are 24k gold plated. The airflow adjustment is simple and easy. It locks into place so it’s easy to screw on and off a mod. The post screws are great quality as well and 4 spare screws are included (all hex grub screws) and it comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days as well.

The juice well is a good size. The bottom air is raised up high enough off the deck that it creates plenty of room for juice. The over squonk protection and Over drip protection is pretty good. I used it as both a dripper and a squonker and it worked well both ways. As a dripper you can drip right down the drip tip without taking off the top cap.

It’s a 25mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. There is plenty of spare o-rings and 2 spare post screws for it (spares are flat head grub screws), 2 allen wrenches, and a 510 tip adapter but no coils or cotton. good amount of accessories overall no complaints there. A couple of coils and cotton would have been nice though. Branding is well pretty ugly. That was one of my complaints on the beta. There is a large funny looking bat logo engraved into it on one side with the word “BLACKBAT” under it. And it doesn't color match so it really stands out. A smaller and nicer logo would have been a welcome change

Pros:
  • 2 Standard 810 Drip Tips (Resin and black delrin) and 510 adapter
  • standard 24k coated positive and squonk pin included
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • Color Options (4)
  • great quality post screws
  • Good over squonk protection
  • works well as a dripper or squonker
  • great build quality overall
  • Price point (under 30 USD)
  • Good Size Juice Well
  • stopper locks cap into place to make it easy to get on and off mods
  • easy to adjust airflow
  • dissipates heat really well
Cons:
  • no cotton or coils included
  • Build deck isn’t good for round wire and not great for dual coils either
  • Flavor is pretty lacking
  • tacky branding
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one i have to lean towards the no. So many good dual coil RDAs out these days it’s really hard to compete especially for a new company with no attention or customer base. This one really needed more fixes and a better deck form the beta then it got. I appreciate the attempt at a beta for sure but pretty disappointed in the outcome. I do have to commend them on the quality though which shows they have potential to make some good stuff in the future. Hopefully their next RDA is better though. I won't be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Capitvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread