Anthony Vapes: Desire M-Tank Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Desire M-tank Sub Ohm tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Desire M-Tank is the latest sub ohm tank from somewhat long time manufacturer Desire Designs. Mostly known for their RDAs this year in 2018 they’ve branched out more offering squonk mods, regular mods, and now a sub ohm tank with of course a mesh coil option as it’s all the rage in vaping right now. It’s available in 5 colors all of them mostly black with a colored fill port and colored AFC. The options are Black, Red, Purple, Silver, and Tiffany Blue and with the metal over the glass it’s quite a unique looking tank. I looked around online and they are hard to finds but i found 1 site selling it for 38 bucks USD

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 25mm x 53.5mm
  • Capacity: 3.0ml
  • Coil Resistance: 0.15-.4ohm
  • Material: Aluminum Stainless Steel
  • Thread: 510
Included in box:
  • 1x M-Tank (.15 mesh coil preinstalled)
  • 1x 0.4ohm Regular Coil
  • 1x Glass Tube
  • 1x User Manual
  • 1x Accessory Pack
Coil Options (coils are kanthal unless otherwise stated)
  • 0.15 ohm Mesh Coil 50-90 watts
  • 0.2 ohm Coil 40-70 watts
  • 0.4 ohm Coil 35-55 watts
  • compatible with “baby beast style” (baby beast, NRG, cascade baby, ello, etc)
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Desire M-Tank is a Beautiful Tank. It’s the 1st tank they made but desire products usually are quite good looking in general albeit a bit bulky with their mods. The tank however is a good size for a tank and not big or bulky by any means. All the options are mostly black but with color highlights. I kept the purple one and gave away the red one so never got to see the red in person but the purple looks fantastic and is colored on the AFC (air flow control) and the top slide back fill part. The glass is surrounded by a metal cover that has cutouts on 4 sides. 2 sides have “desire” cut out and one side has the desire logo and the other side the M-tank Logo. The cutouts make it easy to see your juice level. The slide back fill has a diamond cut in the spot you push to slide back. It comes with a standard 810 tip (and 510 adapter) that is black but almost a greyish black. Overall I find it to be a nice looking tank that looks different from many sub ohm tanks.

Features and Functions
The Desire M-tank uses a standard 810 drip tip so you can also use your own if you’d like and they include a 510 adapter to use a 510 tip as well. I’m not sure what material the tip is, but it’s really soft and slick which makes it hard to get out. Other tips work much better in it and are easier to get out but it needs an o-ring tip. Friction fit tips will be too small. You’ll probably notice the bite marks on my drip tip. Not a big deal if you don’t plan on changing it out but I would have liked a better drip tip as mine is covered in teeth marks now. All the threading on this tank is excellent. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a screw in type into the base much like most sub ohm tanks on the market. You need the tank to be basically empty to swap coils. Airflow is 2 large holes equally spaced apart on the bottom. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust even on mod thanks to the nice knurling on it and it’s on a stopper. Filling is easy as well, as it uses a slide back fill. There is a diamond cut texture on the colored part of the top cap to let you know that is where to push to slide it back and it’s on an angle and really easy to push but recessed enough that it shouldn’t cause any open by accident in your pocket issues. It’s a single fill hole and the hole is quite large and easy to fill with any bottle type but i wouldn’t pour into it. There is no air outlet hole so make sure to fill up on one side of the hole and not the middle to leave room for air to escape when filling. There is only 1 tank size option and it comes with a spare and that is a 3ml capacity. No bubble glass but understandable due to the metal cover. There is also a 2ml TPD version that includes a silicon plug to put in the tank that can be removed.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 3 coil options in total. A .15 ohm mesh (pre-installed) a .2 ohm option (not included) and a .4 ohm option (included). I started with the mesh coil and i have to say it is one of the better mesh coils i’ve used to date. I ran 150ml through it and it could possibly take a bit more but you can see the condition of it in the picture above. I found it best in the 65-70 watt range and just a small step behind the fireluke mesh flavorwise. Really good coil. Then the .4 ohm regular coil. I found it best at around 50-55 watts. It’s just an ok coil. Gets the job done. Life could have been a little better as i got 80mls through it and the taste is funky now but it still vapes. Not a coil i’d buy more of personally. Overall really good performance as one of the better mesh coils but the standard coil is just decent.

Overall Impressions
Overall I really love this tank, it may not be the best tank on the market but it is one of the better tanks for sure. It also looks great and for clumsy vapers the metal cage around the glass should be helpful. The 3ml capacity is a bit small so i found myself filling it up alot so i personally wouldn’t use it as an all day carry as i prefer the larger capacity tanks personally but i vape like 40ml of juice a day which is probably more than most. I do love the looks of it however and the mesh coil performs great but not a fan of the soft drip tip. I would have liked to see it priced a bit more competitive though as it’s about 10-15 bucks more than most tanks on the market and I think that will hurt it a bit. Also not sure how available coils will be for it in the future however I did use a vaporesso GT mesh coil in it so it’s compatible with the “baby beast” style of coils which opens it up to many options and will always be easy to find coils.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • easy to fill
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (3 total)
  • Standard 810 tip and 510 adapter (810 needs o-ring tip)
  • AFC adjustable easily on mod
  • thread quality
  • Coil performance (mesh)
  • Coil Life (mesh)
  • metal cage protects glass
  • coil compatibility
Cons
  • no RBA deck
  • small capacity (3ml)
  • non mesh coils are just decent
  • Price point is a little high
  • drip tip is too soft
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have to lean a little towards the yes. I think it makes a great option if you worry about breaking glass and the mesh coil performs really good. It also comes in a kit version with the mad mod i’ll be reviewing next month. I’ve added it to my sheet recs

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Desire Design

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread