Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of eleaf Tessera mod

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from eleaf

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Introduction:
The Eleaf Tessera is the latest mod from eleaf and features an internal battery and is listed as 150 watts, making it one of the more powerful internal battery mods on the market. The list a 3400mah internal lipo battery. It’s available in 5 colors red, green, rainbow, SS, and black each with a kit version and matching tank

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • NOTE size and weight listings include tank
  • Size: 42mm30.5mm123.5mm (2ml version)
  • Size: 42mm30.5mm133.0mm (4ml version)
  • Weight: 215.3g (2ml version) / 217g (4ml version)
  • Battery capacity: 3400mAh
  • Maximum charging current: 2A
  • Thread type: 510 thread
  • Output wattage: 1-150W
  • Output voltage: 0.5-8V
  • Output mode: VW/RTC/TC(Ni/Ti/SS/TCR)
  • Resistance range: 0.05-1.0ohm (TC modes)
  • 0.1-3.0ohm (VW/RTC mode)
  • Colors: silver, black, red, green, dazzling
Included in box:
  • 1 x TESSERA
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x User Manuals
Pictures and test results
Chart:

v8jTo4A.png

Spreadsheet:

85AgpkL.png

Stock Shot Colors:
TESSERA-with-ELLO-TS-01_02.jpg

Size comparisons

dJDKtrZ.jpg

ZjteAC4.jpg

Handchecks:

Ai0wisQ.jpg

rchSJ5f.jpg

1kFt0Iw.jpg

Box:

KkI0x9B.jpg

Internals:

9a6AI37.jpg

n6GgrG9.jpg

Yar2qXn.jpg

NwwRGmU.jpg

o9KWfCl.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, i was pretty impressed with the size and design of it. The paint job is very nice and has the appearance of a clearcoat. The reset button on the bottom in case it was to freeze or something is a nice touch. The platform is designed to handle 25mm atomizers flush so should accommodate most atomizers used on it. It has a nice bright color screen. The first time i seen this on an eleaf product and easily their nicest looking screen to date. It’s also one of the higher watt internal battery mods out there.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .1 , .14, .19, and .49 ohms. wattage points were max (150), 200, 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .1 ohms it maxed out at 143 watts and 38 amps. For the rest of the testing it was within 1 watt or on point except the 100 setting where it was 7 low. At .14 it maxed out at 146 watts. It was never off by more then 3 the rest of the way. For the .19 test it maxed out at 146 watts. the rest were never off by more than 4. For the .49 testing the max setting allowed was 130 watts due to the 8 volt limit programmed into the chip, it maxed out at 104 watts and 7.153 volts. The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 1 watts. The volts shows there is no boost circuit in this mod.

Since i got some feedback some people had issues understanding and reading the numbers since it’s a lot of data and didn’t have bandwidth to look at the sheet pictured above with more details, so i present to you the simplified TL:DR

Simplified TL:DR Performance summary
Mod performance is great. Accurately rated. Accuracy is very good and for the most part within a watt or 2 of the setting. Amp output of 38 is tops for any internal battery mod i tested. Max watts of 146. Volt output similar to dual battery non boost mods.

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode and also TCR mode using 00092. I ran 6 builds 4 fancy and 2 standard round. Regardless at one point or another it would kick me out. Even with the simple round builds although those tended to take longer before the eventual kick out of TC mode. Even before the kick out, it was pretty inconsistent. I tried it with both locked and unlocked resistance. Easy fail

Other Usage Notes
I did take this mod apart as you can see in the pics above and it is a PITA to take apart. The 510 pin gave me no issues with any atomizer, but as you can see from the pics the grounding is questionable. I couldn’t get much deeper into the mod so i can't say for sure as it could be grounded off a plate or anti-spin tab. There is a wire going into a screw, but i can’t see what the screw is attached to. Power mode gave me no issues, but TC was poor and kicked me out. Also the positive uses a bare copper strip from the chip to the 510 pin. It almost feels like they are getting “too cute” with their designs, instead of just using something simple proven to work. The internal battery pack is not labeled from what i could see, but appears to be a LiPo pack. 25mm will sit flush. Anything over that will overhang the raised platform and mod. It’s built to handle atomizers to match it’s size so that’s good. The mod is built very solid and feels durable. No button rattle. The fire bar is nice and clicky so just squeeze the mod to fire. It features a nice large screen with color on it, and you can change the color but the background is always black. It’s nice and bright though and well laid out. The paint job also looks excellent

The modes are power with a preheat option as well (time and duration) TC modes for Ni200, Ti, and SS as well as TCR Mode (3 memory spots). The screen layout is nice with plenty of info. The mod adjusts by 1 watt increments at 20 or more instead of .1 and adjust quickly. Less than 20 watts it adjusts by .1 increments. I like that a lot. Resistance readings are pretty accurate usually .01 low. Not a big deal. The mod never got hot or warm in my testing, but does get a bit warm when charging

Usage is pretty easy. 5 clicks to turn off and on. The “off” is more like a standby however and displays the clock if you press fire when it’s “off” . 3 clicks to enter the menu which is well laid out, use Up and down to scroll. Click the menu button (between the up and down buttons) to select. Easy and simple. You can also hold the menu button to cycle through modes. There is individual cell monitoring via the menu and they discharge pretty evenly.

Pros:
  • Power performance
  • Easy to use menu system
  • accurately rated
  • Build Quality
  • Big and Bright color screen
  • looks
  • affordable price tag
  • individual cell voltage readings
  • 1 increment adjustments for watts at 20 or higher (.1 below 20)
  • color options
  • paint job
  • handles 25mm atomizers without overhang
  • small and lightweight
  • good battery life for internal battery mod
Cons:
  • Temp control performance
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not. There is a lot to like about this mod and there aren’t many high powered internal battery mods out there, and this one is as good as any i’ve seen on the market as a power mode mod, so for that i’ll lean to the yes. As a temp control mod it gets a hard no. I’ll be adding it to my sheet as a power mode only mod.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Where to buy
USA for 53.99 with code vapecrawler here kit version only

China for 34.99 here 47.99 for the kit version

Official Site here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread