Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Freemax Firelord Kit

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016.

As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews which you can find the list here

And done over 150 video reviews on my channel here Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

I keep a running spreadsheet of recommendations you can find here as well to help you find a good mod or atty that suits your needs.

I also have a best of 2017 list here

Introduction:
The Freemax Firelord kit is a single 18650 mod paired with a subohm tank. The Mod is called the conqueror and is a resin mod. It comes paired with the Freemax Firelord tank which is a smaller resin tank made for low watts. The included coil is rated for 20-60 watts and also comes with an RBA deck. It’s available in 6 colors each with a matching tank. Green, Red, Yellow, Blue, Purple, and Black although all their “red” stuff really just looks pink.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Single 18650 High-Amp Battery - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-80W
  • Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Temperature Range: 200-600F
  • Versatile Temperature Control Module
  • Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Durable Zinc Alloy Frame
  • Resin Structural Inlay
  • Intuitive 0.9" OLED Display
  • Two Adjustment Buttons
  • Bottom-Loaded Latch Battery Door
  • MicroUSB Port
  • 510 Connection
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • 22mm Diameter
  • 2mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Colorful Resin Construction - Resin Colorways
  • FireLord FL Coil System
  • 0.25ohm FLK Coil - rated for 20-60W
  • FireLord RBA Section - Two-Post, Single Terminal Build Deck
  • Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Design
  • Dual Bottom Airflow Control - 15mm by 2mm Airslots
  • 10mm Widebore Drip Tip
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Conqueror 80W Box Mod
  • 1 FireLord Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 0.25ohm FLK Coil head
  • 1 RBA deck
  • 1 Cotton Pad
  • 1 Replacement Glass
  • 2 Prebuilt Coils
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • Spare Parts & O-Rings
  • Instructional Manual
Pictures and test results
Chart:
ldDysVb.png

Spreadsheet:
Iq3Y0Bh.png

Stock Shot Colors:
freemax_firelord_80w_tc_starter_kit_conqueror_80w_mod_firelord_tank_with_package_1.jpg

Size comparisons

UKQaHhL.jpg

W6vHb1i.jpg

LOlnGUE.jpg

jJQ5ZXQ.jpg

PC6mR2l.jpg

Handcheck:

zItfA7p.jpg

510 Pin Internal

HR00TVf.jpg

Full Body Resin

A8SjYCb.jpg

Box and Contents

uads66X.jpg

FzGu9cU.jpg

Tank Disassembled

SsRK4p1.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the looks of it. It’s a beautiful Resin mod. And not just panels, the whole body is resin. I was lucky to get the green my favorite color. It comes with matching tank as well which is a really good vape but we’ll go over more of that later. Overall really liked it from the start.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .11 , .15, .21, and .51 ohms. wattage points were max (80), 60, 40, and 20. At .11 ohms it maxed out at 68 watts and 25 amps. For the rest of the testing it was never off by more than 2 watts. At .15 it maxed out at 76 watts. The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 3 watts. For the .21 test it maxed out at 76 watts. For the rest of the testing it was never off by more than 3 watts. For the .51 testing it maxed out at 83 watts and 6.522 volts. The volts shows there is a boost circuit like most single battery mods. The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 3 watts. There is no pre-heat options or watt curve modes. It’s a very basic mod

Overall i found this to be a good performer in power mode. It was accurate and it’s only listed rating of 80 watts is accurate as well. I got 83 max. The volts were high enough to show a boost circuit so that was good as well. The amp limit was a good. It maxed at 25 amps. I haven’t done a ton of single battery mod tests. It’s something i’m working on to build more recs but the ones i have tested usually have a max amps of 25-30. It read resistance very accurate as well sometimes .01 high. The mod and chip itself handled my stress testing very well. It didn’t get hot at all. One of the cooler running mods out there. Output was smooth and consistent the whole time. It performed a lot like the battlestar mini i reviewed yesterday but with a little bit more amps, watts, and volts. The accuracy of the 2 were pretty much the same with a slight edge to the conqueror.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode (there is no TCR mode) again this is a basic mod. I used 3 builds my 2 test builds of simple round spaced coils (one single and one dual) as well as a fancy single coil. Overall it’s not a good performer. You can't adjust watts and even turning it up past 500F is a weak vape that throttles too hard. It just never gives a good vape and lacks options to make adjustments. Overall a fail for temp control.

Other Usage Notes
I did take this apart the pics are above. The 510 pin is pretty nice. Secured form the inside and properly grounded. All the soldering looked good as well. A nicely built and designed mod. Every tank i put on it worked with no issues. 24mm atomizers won’t have any overhang. The included tank is 22mm as listed however bulges out because of the resin to around 25mm. I put the uforce on it which is listed as 24.6mm and it looked flush. So i’d say 24mm atomizers are good and likely some listed at 25. But even a 25mm has very slight overhang. The mod is built very solid and feels durable. The fire button only has a slight rattle. The battery door style is a bottom latch that secures into place to sit flush like the g class for example. It works great and no issues. The fire button is a little on the small side but nice and clicky.

This mod is very simple. It doesn't have much in the way of modes or options. You have power and then temp control for Ni, Ti, and SS. nothing fancy or crazy. It’s a small “DNA style screen” but it’s nice and bright and gives you the basic info you need. It asks for “new coil” when you change coils or tanks. Plus for yes, minus for no. It’s a little on the taller side but not much taller than the battlestar mini but very slim and light.

Usage is pretty easy. 5 click on and off like most mods. 3 clicks to change modes which just cycles through them. For example power > 3 clicks > TC Ni200 > 3 clicks > TC Ti > 3 clicks > TC SS > 3 Clicks > power. It’s that simple and basic.

Firelord Tank
The Kit comes with the firelord tank and I don’t believe the mod or tank is sold seperate. The tank is a beautiful resin that comes in the same color as the mod. The coil is proprietary. It also comes with an RBA deck that looks like the elfy RTA. it’s a single coil RTA deck. I didn’t use the RTA deck but it looks pretty dam legit. It uses a standard 510 tip but includes a matching one so i can't imagine someone wanting to change it out. It’s all good quality threading. Seriously freemax is a very underrated tank maker. The coils screw into the bottom base so you need an empty tank. The chamber then screws over the coil then you put the glass on it and the top cam screws into the chamber. It’s bottom airlfow and the adjustment is smooth and on a stopper. I do have one complaint about this tank however. There is no fill holes. You just unscrew the top and fill directly in the glass like the cleito tanks. Not a fan of that personally. It works well but you have to be careful because if you knock the glass off while filling it’ll dump the juice out.

Performance wise it only comes with 1 coil and that’s the .25 one. There is also a .5 ohm optional coil as well. I found the coil to be best around 40 watts. It has great flavor as well. Better flavor then any tank i’ve had at that low of watts. As far as longevity i’ve been using the hell out of the coil for nearly 3 weeks and it isn’t slowing down. All 70/30 and 80/20 juices. Chain vaping isn’t any issue either. In the future though i’m going to try and keep track of MLs ran through a coil as it’s more accurate than a time frame. A lot more to keep track of for me as if I didn’t have enough to do already. Overall i really love this tank

Pros:
  • Power performance
  • small size
  • accurately rated
  • Build Quality
  • beautiful resin
  • Easy to use
  • Including tank is excellent
  • color options
  • standard 510 tip (resin included)
  • included RBA deck for tank
  • great 510 pin on mod
Cons:
  • Tank fill method
  • Temp control performance
  • No preheat option
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not. I Don’t like to do hard yes or no but this one is going to lean very heavy towards the yes. As a starter kit It’s just flat out excellent as long as you don’t care about temp control. The included tank is probably the best one i’ve seen for any kit flavorwise and the mod works great in power mode. I’ll be recommending this for people looking for a single battery kit for sure. The included RBA deck is a nice bonus as well so you aren’t tied to factory coils only. My sheet has been lacking in the small single 18650 area so i’ll gladly add this one to my sheet

It can be purchased
USA here for 64.95

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Reactions: BackDoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread