Anthony Vapes: Geekvape Flint Kit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Geekvape Flint Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Geekvape Flint kit with Flint tank is the latest Vape Stick kit from Geekvape. Geekvape doesn't need much of an introduction as they have been out for a while and have made some great stuff recently but this is their first MTL beginner stick style kit to compete with a couple of other good ones i’ve reviewed this year in the innokin endura t18 II and the Vandy Vape Berserker MTL Kit so we’ll see how this one stacks up. It features an internal 1000mah battery and is a simple slightly adjustable stick that has 3 modes. It features a LED light for battery charge and mode. The included tank is the Flint tank and uses their new NS coils. It’s available in 4 colors, Black, Serenity Blue, Rainbow, and Gunmetal and is available online in the 30-40 USD dollar price range so good price point. elementvape has them for 34.95 USD all colors in stock in the USA.

Manufacturer's Specs Battery:
  • 22mm Base Diameter
  • 93.95mm Height - Includes Tank
  • Integrated 1000mAh Battery
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Three Output Voltage Mode - 3.2V, 3.5V, 3.8V
  • Max Voltage Output: 4.2V
  • Single Button Operation - Hexagon Firing Mechanism
  • LED Battery Life Indicator
  • 10 Seconds Protection
  • Over Heat Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Low Battery Protection
  • MicroUSB Charging Port - 1A Max Current
  • Ventilation Holes
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Serenity Blue, Gunmetal, Black, Rainbow
Manufacturer's Specs Tank:
  • 22mm Diameter
  • 2mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • High-Grade Silica Glass Reinforcement
  • Convenient Sliding Top-Fill Design
  • Five Different Airflow Option - AFC Ring
  • 1.6ohm NS Coil - Optimized for Nic Salts & MTL
  • 1.2ohm NS Coil
  • Food-Grade Organic Cotton
  • ULTEM MTL Drip Tip
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 FLINT Battery
  • 1 FLINT MTL Tank
  • 2 1.6ohm NS Coils
  • 1 Spare Glass Tube
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
  • 1 Instructional Manual
Coil Options
  • 1.6ohm NS Coil
  • 1.2ohm NS Coil
Picture Album
album

Flint Battery Rundown
The Flint is a somewhat adjustable simple stick with a fire button and nothing else. There is one LED to the right of the fire button. It tell you the battery level by the color. Green means 70% or more, blue means 31-69% and red means 30% or less. You can check this any time by double clicking the fire button so good job with that. I like how you can check it easily without having to fire it. As far as adjustable goes it has 3 output modes low (3.2V) medium (3.5V), and high (3.8 volt). To adjust this simply click fire 3 times. You’ll see it cycle between low (Red LED) medium (Blue LED) and high (Green LED). You can also turn the device on and off with 5 clicks of the fire button. Very good job on the design and functionality of this battery.

The stick itself is really nice. There is not much of a design it’s just a basic stick and nothing fancy, the difference between this and the other ones i’ve seen this style is that this one is short and fat where the other ones are usually taller and skinny. The coloring is nice as well mine is like a flat black and isn’t showing any signs of chipping or wearing. It can handle a 22 mm atomizer flush which is the size of the included Flint tank and makes it have an AIO type look to it. It feels well built and is also really light. The USB port is on the back and they list a charge rate of 1A

The only testing I did on this battery is the charge rate and battery capacity. I know i tested some in the past but based on the type of kit it is and what it’s used for I don’t feel it’s 100% necessary. I tested this using 2 different inline USB meters and ran it 3 times overall. The charge rate held very steady between .97A and 1.01A so very good rating on their part and it charges full in about 1 hour. The battery i tested between 833 mah and 876 mah so a little short of their listed 1000mah but not too crazy off. I would have felt a little better with a 900mah rating personally so i’ll consider it slightly overrated but still a great size for the type of device. It also features passthrough vaping as well.

They also claim there is some minimal water resistance on this stick as well. Not to the degree of the aegis series but they claim you can run it under water and it won’t get water inside which is good enough to help if you had a juice leak or spilled juice on it. To test this i ran it under a faucet for 1 minute and this device is not water resistant at all. Water does seem to get in pretty easily as i was able to shake quite a bit out from the vent holes on the bottom after this. The battery then started blinking a green light at me for no reason after and now refuses to fire so yeah it killed it and not really water resistant more then any mod so try not to get it wet.

Flint Tank performance
Quick rundown on the tank, it’s a 22mm diameter, uses a built in non replaceable drip tip which appears to be an ultem colored PMMA one on every color option and a 2ml capacity. I don’t know why they didn’t use a standard replaceable 510 tip. The Flint uses a slide back fill method where you slide the top back which is clearly marked and fill through the good size fill hole. It worked great for me with no issues. The airflow is made for MTL vaping and has a good range from a solid MTL but not super tight to a very loose MTL in it’s 5 settings. The coil system is a simple screw into the base coil system so nothing fancy there. My main focus on this though will be how does the tank perform with the Flint battery.

It comes with 2 coils, and although there are 2 options for this tank and they list it as coming with both, mine only came with 2 of the 1.6 ohm coils so I didn't get to use any 1.2 ohm coils. Not sure if it’s a typo or if they made a change with the retail version to include a 1.2 ohm since mine is an early sample but mine came with 2 of the 1.6 ohm coils. With that said, how’s the performance? Well the flavor is pretty good for MTL and premade coils. Right on par with the endura T18 II and the vandy vape berserker MTL kit. Obviously a set up like this isn’t geared towards flavor chasing and is more geared towards helping people quit smoking and the flavor is more than good enough for it to be enjoyable to someone like that. Personally I found the 1.6 ohm best on the high power setting and the lowest air setting although you do notice a drop off in production when the battery hits blue level. I used both coils that came in the kit and both lasted 14-16ml so good overall there. I usually look for 10ml out of a set up like this so happy with the coil life as it doesn't use much juice due to the low watts.

Pros:
  • Build Quality of mod and tank
  • Size and Weight for portability
  • Simple Sleek Design
  • Battery Life (900mah battery)
  • AFC is easy to adjust and smooth
  • Easy to refill
  • Has a good Battery Indicator
  • Passthrough vaping
  • nice bright LED
  • Coil flavor is good for a MTL premade
  • coil life is good for the type of device it is
  • 3 power settings
  • good 2ml capacity
  • 2 coil options
  • color options (4)
  • 1A fast charging
Cons:
  • Built in non replaceable drip tip on tank
  • slightly overrated battery capacity listing
  • not water resistant
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this is going to lean towards the yes pretty heavily. Not a lot of starter MTL pens released in recent history although if you go back like 5-7 years it was pretty much the standard. This year all i remember personally is the vandy vape BSKR kit and the Innokin Endura T18 II kit and this one is just as good as either of them so just comes down to preference on which one to choose. Overall it’s a great little pen kit to help people quit smoking. I added this to my sheet or recommendations linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Geekvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread