Anthony Vapes: Geekvape Loop V1.5 RDA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Geekvape Loop V1.5 rda, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is marked as a sample version

Introduction:
The Geekvape Loop V1.5 rda is the latest RDAs from longtime popular vape manufacturer Geekvape. They been making lots of great atomizers for a long time now and have made some of my favorite ones along with their sister company digiflavor and even this year they’ve made some great mods so they really don’t need much of an introduction to most vapers. The Loop V1.5 is a dual coil DTL rda with an included squonk pin and the follow up to their original loop RDA which came out earlier this year that i loved. It’s available in 6 colors black, blue, rainbow, gunmetal, gold, and SS. Looking around online i see it under 30USD price range and myvpro has them in the US for 26.99 so very good price point.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Size: 24mm (diameter) x 34mm (height)
  • Type: Single Coil/ Dual Coils RDA
  • Juice Well Depth: 5mm
  • Drip Tip: 810/510(with adapter)
  • Thread: 510 thread
  • Unique W-shaped build deck
  • Selective single/dual coil building
  • Upgraded sieve airflow system
  • Arrayed airflow design provides precise control
  • One-piece airflow cap placed in a fixed position(ensure airflow in the correct position)
  • Compatible with both 810 and 510 drip tip
  • A BF(bottom feeder) pin included
Included in box:
  • 1x Geekvape Loop V1.5 RDA
  • 1x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1x Allen Key
  • 1x BF Pin
  • 1x GV Triangle Wrench
  • 1x Hex Wrench
  • 1x 810 Drip Tip
  • 1x User Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RDA It made perfect sense why it was called the loop v1.5 and not the loop 2. It’s really not much different from the loop RDA i reviewed already earlier this year. The only differences is the airflow holes now have slots instead of a oval hole and on the inside instead of an open hole it has a spaced out honeycomb like airflow. Here is the crazy thing about this RDA, if the original came out first, i’d probably love this RDA, but after having the original, it doesn't seem different enough to justify being made

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. Since they copied the original Loop deck i’ll just copy and paste my explanation from that deck and make necessary updates. It’s made for dual coils. There is an air option to close off 1 side for a single coil mode, but I didn’t use it and wouldn’t really bother using a single coil in this RDA. The deck when broken down to basic concepts, is a postless deck as far as building goes, but it’s much more than that. The “W” design of the deck channels the air from the side on the outside to be under the coils and also acts as a guide on where to put the coils. I know stock photos show coils high-up, don’t do that, install them right in the middle over the air like my build picks above. I used 6mm leads to get that placement. Each coil can be installed separately and each gets their own hole so it’s not hard to build on, but since it is like a postless deck, you do need to precut the leads. I prefer 6mm as the lead length. The post screws are good quality flat head grub screws, i would have preferred hex personally but flat head is ok as well. The spares are also flat head. Since the screws do come in on the side they will twist flat wire leads so you may want to pre-twist them like i do but it’s not necessary.

Wicking is pretty easy as well, just drop it down the sides into the juice well which is nice and deep. It’s an RDA so no tips or tricks needed.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Dual Coil RDA only as intended no way to really run a single coil effectively anyway. I ran 4 builds in this a fancy 3mm ID build, a fancy 3.5 mm ID build, a fancy 4mm ID build and 1 simple round 4mm ID build. For size I found it worked best with the 4mm ID. That is where it differs a lot from the original. Since the air is more spaced out, anything smaller than a 4mm ID will have a lot of air missing the coil. The original worked greta with 3mm ID but also any size i tried, this one really suffers if you go smaller than a 4mm ID. The flavor isn’t much with a simple round build but really good with a fancy 4mm ID build. Overall it can give really good flavor but only with the right build, where the original was much more universal.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. It’s a side airflow RDA from the outside, but channeled on the bottom on the inside. The AFC is smooth, It’s adjustable easily on the mod as well as off because it’s in the middle of the RDA. It’s free spin and not on a stopper. It comes with a standard ultem 810 tip, 810 iltem colored PC or PMMA tip by my best guess, and a delrin 510 tip adapter. No 510 drip tip however which would have been nice but not a big deal. It also worked well with other 810 tips i’ve tried including friction fit ones and o-ring ones as well so you should be able to use others you have with no issues. The Drip tip fits very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. The RDA never gets hot but can get a little warm chain vaping at high watts. The juice well is really deep and thanks to the “W” design you can drip right down the middle from the drip tip without popping the cap and it’ll channel the juice right into the well. It’s really deep listed at 5mm and you can easily just squeeze juice into it. No need to count drops or anything. It has great over drip/ over squonk protection. The Geekvape Loop RDA comes with a squonk pin as well to use as a squonker. There are notches in the RDA to line up the top cap air and keep it in place.

As I’ve come to expect from geekvape, The quality is good and the o-ring feels like the right size. Easy to get the top on or off and to adjust air, but not loose at all. It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods. I also experienced no issue with whistling or loud airflow either. It’s a pretty quiet RDA. The top cap o-rings are good and it’s easy to pop off and on both parts of it. There is also a stopper so it lines up the air and locks the bottom part into place and it’s easy to screw on and off your mod as well. The quality on the loop V1.5 RDA is quite nice as well. The o-rings for the top cap onto the base feel right and the top cap is snug but not tight. Very easy to take apart with no issues. The AFC is easy to adjust on or off a mod even with nothing for grip, the o-rings fit just right and everything is nicely done. The top cap does lock into place so also easy to get on and off mods. The post screws are good quality as well and 4 spare screws are included all are flathead/phillips combo screws. It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days as well.

There is plenty of spare o-rings and 7 spare post screws for it (4 hex and 3 flathead) , 1 tri tool, 1 allen wrench, 1 510 tip adapter, no coils, and no cotton however. Great amount of accessories as usual from geekvape although some coils and cotton would have been nice but not a big deal. Branding is pretty nice mostly. LOOP is engraved in matching color on the AFC and the rest of the RDA has some sort of design on it not sure how i would describe it either. It’s just lines in a pattern. It l0oks nice overall though and no cringy giant logos.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • 2 810 Drip tips and 510 tip adapter
  • good quality grub screws (flat head and hex)
  • price point (under 30 bucks)
  • color options (6 total)
  • Massive juice well
  • standard 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • easy to adjust airflow
  • good over-drip and over squonk protection
  • easy to drip down the middle to refill
  • good flavor with the right build
  • Postless Deck
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • simple looks and branding mostly
  • top cap locks into place
  • AFC easy to adjust
Cons:
  • Not as good as the original loop
  • postless decks aren't beginner friendly due to pre cutting leads
  • no included coils or cotton
  • not as universal as the original loop
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and here is the tough part for me. It’s a great RDA so a yes should be easy right? Well if the original loop never existed i’d give this a yes easily, but as it stands now, it’s not as good as the original design so i’m not sure why you’d buy it over the original. I know i wouldn’t. With that said i’ll add it on the sheet with the original just in case there comes a point where the original can’t be found but with the note to buy the original if possible. Sadly none of the small changes made it better and actual made it a little worse but it’s still a great RDA nonetheless.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Geekvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread