Anthony Vapes: Hellvape Rebirth RDA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Hellvape Rebirth rda, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Hellvape Rebirth rda is the latest rda from somewhat popular vape manufacturer Hellvape. Hellvape has actually been around for quite a while and has made over a dozen RDAs but didn’t get much attention until their popular dead rabbit RDA and since then have gained a lot of popularity, but i remember reviewing a much older atomizer form the the Iron maiden RDTA which was and still is one of my favorite RDTAs. Outside of that though I’ve reviewed quite a few of their atomizers over the past year or so including the dead rabbit RDA, dead rabbit RTA, and Drop Dead and so far i’ve been very underwhelmed with the performance of their RDAs so we’ll see if the Rebirth could fix that. The Rebirth RDA is a Dual coil DTL RDA with an included squonk pin and designed in collaboration with popular youtube reviewer Mike Vapes who designed a quite a few atomizers for many companies like the Intake RTA, Iconic RDA, and Recurve RDA. It’s available in 9 colors SS, Matte black with White logo, Full Matte Black, Piano Black, Gunmetal, Blue, Rainbow, Purple, and Gold. Elementvape has them for 29.95 in the US.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm Diameter
  • 6mm Deep Juice Well
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Dual Post Build Deck
  • Side Secured via Flathead Screws
  • Large Terminals - 3.5mm by 2.5mm
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Single or Dual Coil Configuration
  • 16-Hole Honeycomb Style Adjustable Airflow Top Cap
  • Locking Top Cap System
  • 810 Wide Bore Resin Drip Tip
  • Gold-Plated BF Squonk Pin
  • Stainless Steel 510 Connection
  • With coily tool the correct length to cut coils is 6.5mm
Included in box:
  • 1 REBIRTH RDA
  • 1 Spare 810 Drip Tip
  • 1 Stainless Steel 510 Adapter
  • 1 Accessories Bag
  • 1 Rebirth RDA Sticker
  • 1 Positioning Tool
  • 1 User Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RDA this comes in the box not assembled. So 1st thing i seen was the deck. I had 2 reactions to it, 1st was that the airflow idea seemed pretty cool and innovative. 2nd was that the deck itself was much better suited for a single coil build then a dual coil build so while i liked both part separately i didn’t think they were a great matching. Nonetheless i slapped in a single coil build to start because why not? Lol since the deck is really more designed for single coils even though the air isn’t and i was met with some frustration with the o-rings even after lubing them up the top cap wouldn’t fit on i had to remove one and finagle it to close. With enough working of the o-ring and leaving one off though it fits decently but still not good so overall it was a very mixed start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s essentially a postless deck operation wise as you just drop your coils in a hole but there are posts that stick up so while you do need to precut your leads you do get wiggle room to adjust them so the pre-cut doesn't have to be perfect. Personally i really like decks like this. They also include a tool to precut your leads to 6.5mm which is a good size. The tool is great for this RDA but it’s not a full tool like we’ve seen others include that can be sued on any atomizer. This one only cuts to 6.5mm with no other size options. Still i can’t complain about an included tool made for the RDA it’s included with to make building easier. My complaint on this deck is it would be a great deck for single coil. However it’s a dual coil RDA meaning you need to install both coils at the same time and they have to share the 1 hole. That’s always a con for me these days and a big missed chance on this RDA where they could have had a hole for each lead without any major design chances. Makes installing the coils much harder than it needs to be and more annoying to do then most dual coil RDAs on the market. The post screws are really good quality flat head grub screws. No complaints there. Overall it would be a nice deck if it was a single coil RDA, but since it’s not, the deck isn’t very good for this application at least not nearly as good as many of its competitors.

Wicking on it is quite easy. It’s an RDA so nothing fancy just drop your wick leads to the bottom.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Dual Coil RDA mostly but also ran 1 single coil build in it because the deck is better for single coils. I ran 4 dual coil builds in this 1 fancy 3mm ID build, 1 fancy 3.5 mm ID build, 1 fancy 4mm ID build and 1 simple round 4mm ID build, and the 1 single coil build which was a 4mm ID fancy build. I’ll start with the single coil build, the flavor is really poor and very muted in single coil as expected. For dual coils however it worked well with all sizes of fancy builds i used and if you position it good with the airflow it’s a really above average performer. Very good flavor wise with a big fancy dual coil build. It can work ok with sime round wire as well if you turn the air down but that isn’t where it shines like most RDAs these days. It’s not the best performer i’ve had for flavor, but it is a really good one with the right build so overall it’s a pass for dual coil but a fail for single coil or round wire builds.

Airflow, Misc. Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. It’s a pretty unique design so credit to mike vapes on the design for sure. It’s a side/bottom airflow that can basically be either depending on how you position your coils. It comes in from the side but is channeled to an angled up oval shaped ariflow. From the outside it’s a honeycomb airflow with 3 rows. 5 small holes in the top and bottom rows and 6 small holes in the middle row. It adjusts easily by spinning the whole top capo and closes off 3 holes at a time left to right and makes a meaningful adjustment so well done there. Fully open it’s a solid DTL vape not quite as airy as say a bonza, but not restricted either. Adjusting it allows you to get a restricted DTL vape as well so pretty versatile. The top cap locks into place to make it easy to screw on and off your mod which is nice. The top cap is mostly ok but can get a little hot while chain vaping high watts. Not great at dissipating heat but not bad at it either. Just ok..

It comes with 2 standard drip tips, one is a “snake skin styled” Resin friction fit 810 tip (color vaires based on color of RDA. my gold one came with a black one that’s nice) and one is a clear tinted likely PMMA or PC friction fit 810 tip, and they include a metal 510 adapter as well. No 510 tip though but not a big deal. 2 Tips and an adapter is good in my book. The Drip tips all fit very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. You can use your own as well and most should work just fine. I tried a couple other 810 tips with no issues personally. The quality on the Hellvape Rebirth RDA is mostly good. My only quality complaint is the o-rings though are not sized well (or you could say the top cap isn’t, either or) so you’ll want to remove one and lube the other up really good to make it fit on well so it’s not too hard to get on or off but still not as smooth as most RDAs these days but reasonable. You can see the pinched o-ring in one of my pics. They should have done a better job there. Outside of that though airflow adjustment is simple and easy. The post screws are great quality as well and 2 spare screws are included (spares are also flat head grub screws) and it comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days as well.

The juice well is quite large as well. Due to the airflow being raised up off the deck there is plenty of room for juice on the bottom. The over squonk protection and Over drip protection is pretty good. I used it as both a dripper and a squonker and it worked well both ways. As a dripper you can drip right down the drip tip without taking off the top cap. I’ve heard some people complain of leaks while squonking but i didn’t have any issues with that personally.

It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. There is plenty of spare o-rings and 2 spare post screws for it (spares are flat head grub screws), 1 allen wrench, 1 screwdriver, 1 coil lead cutting tool, and a 510 tip adapter but no coils or cotton. good amount of accessories overall no complaints there. A couple of coils and cotton would have been nice though. Branding is not too bad at all. On the one i have which is the gold there is a huge logo which takes up a side between the 2 airflows engraved in matching color which appears to look like a bird with a long tail flying and the word rebirth which i actually think looks pretty nice for a logo. So well done there

Pros:
  • 2 Standard 810 Drip Tips (Resin and clear tinted) and 510 adapter
  • standard positive and squonk pin included
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • Color Options (9)
  • good quality post screws
  • Good over squonk protection
  • works well as a dripper or squonker
  • good build quality overall
  • Price point (under 30 USD)
  • Good Size Juice Well
  • stopper locks cap into place to make it easy to get on and off mods
  • Good flavor without needing a massive build
  • nice branding
  • easy to adjust airflow
Cons:
  • no cotton or coils included
  • Top cap can get hot when chain vaping
  • Build deck isn’t good for a dual coil RDA, better suited for a single coil one
  • top cap doesn't fit on well
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one was a hard one to call and i’m going to lean slightly towards the yes. It’s not something i’d personally run out and buy and it has more issues than i like with the o-rings and the build deck not being great for dual coils, but it does have good flavor, the best i’ve had from a hell vape RDA personally, and is pretty universal build wise so i do think there is some value in that as most dual coil RDAs really need a big build i’ve used over the past year or so save for the rune RDA. I think some people will be willing to look past the issues and enjoy it so I will be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Elementvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread