Anthony Vapes: Horizon Tech Falcon Sub Ohm Tank Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Horizon Tech Falcon Sub Ohm tank

Introduction:
The Horizon Tech Falcon is the latest sub ohm tank from long time tank manufacturer Horizon Tech. They aren’t as popular as other manufacturers, but they do have a long history of making some good tanks. The Falcon aims to separate itself from other tanks by using different wicking material. Some coils use a combination of wood pulp and cotton, while others use flax paper and/or flax fibre instead. It’s available in 6 colors SS, Black, Blue, Green, Red and Rainbow.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 25.2mm Base Diameter
  • 24mm Glass Diameter
  • 5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • Bottom Airflow Control - Triple Slotted Design
  • Horizon Falcon Coil Technology
  • Sloped Resin Widebore Drip Tip
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 HorizonTech Falcon Tank
  • 1 0.2ohm F1 Falcon Coil
  • 1 0.15ohm M1 Mesh Falcon Coil
  • 1 Spare Glass Tube
  • 1 Set of O-Rings
Coil Options (coils are kanthal)
  • 0.2ohm F1 Falcon Coil - 30% Wood Pulp & 70% Cotton - rated for 80W
  • 0.2ohm F2 Falcon Coil - Natural Flax Fiber - rated for 80W
  • 0.2ohm F3 Falcon Coil - Flax Fiber & Flax Paper - rated for 70W
  • 0.15ohm M1 Mesh Falcon Coil - Mesh Design w/ Wood Pulp & Cotton - rated for 70W
Picture Album

Looks and Design
The Horizon Tech Falcon tank is a very nice looking tank, it’s not a large tank by any means but feels really well built. I have the green one and it looks great. It’s like a matte lime green and even the o-rings match as well as the resin drip tip. Branding is simple it says “Horizon Tech” on the top cap on one side and “Falcon” on the other. All 6 color options come with a matching resin tip which is nice with the exception of the SS that comes with an orange tip that matches the included orange o-rings. Overall though I find it to be a nice looking tank that follows the same design as many sub ohm tanks.

Features and Functions
The Horizon Tech Falcon tank uses a standard 510 drip tip so you can also use your own if you’d like, but with the matching resin one’s they include, I’d stick with the included one personally. All the threading on this tank is excellent. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a screw in type into the base much like most sub ohm tanks on the market. You need the tank to be empty to swap coils. Airflow is 3 large holes equally spaced apart. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust thanks to it sticking out more than the glass and having knurling on it. Filling is easy as well, it’s about half a turn to take off the top cap and expose the 2 large fill holes. The holes are quite large and easy to fill with any bottle type or just pouring juice into the tank. It’s also very smooth as well.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 4 coil options for this tank but only 2 are included so those are the 2 I will go over. The pre-installed one is the M1 coil .15 ohm rated for 60-80 watts (they have it at 70w plus/minus 10). It’s a Mesh coil with cotton/woodpulp mixture for the wicking material. It’s accurately rated as i found it best in the 70-80 watt range. I had no issues using 70/30 80/20 and max VG juices in it. Flavor was excellent. One of the best coils for flavor IMO for that watt range. The life was impressive as well, I was able to vape 200ml on it and it was still good when i swapped it out to try the next coil.

The 2nd coil is a the F1 .2 ohm 70-90 watts. I had no issues using 70/30, 80/20, and max VG juices on this coil. Again i find them to be accurately rated as i found them best around 75-85 watts. The flavor on them was very good as well, not as good as the M1 but still above average for an 80 watt coil on a sub ohm tank. I’m currently at 150ml on the coil and still going strong, so coil life is good as well. Overall i found this coil to be pretty good as well, but the M1 coil is the one that really shines in this tank.

Overall Impressions
Overall I really love this tank, it’s up there with the best of them for sure. Freemax has been kinda dominating the sub ohm tank market IMO (as far as good products not sales) with Uwell right next to them, but this Horizon tech falcon really belongs up there with the 2 of those companies for sure.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • Fill port
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (the green looks beautiful)
  • Standard 510 Resin matching tip
  • AFC adjustable easily on mod
  • good 5ml capacity
  • thread quality
  • Coil performance (especially the M1)
  • Coil Life
  • coil options (4 is a good amount)
  • price point
Cons
  • small watt range (all coils are in the 60-90 watt range)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have to lean pretty heavy towards the yes. It’s one of the best sub ohm tanks on the market for flavor and the coil life is great as well. Hard to find any cons with the tank at all. If you are in the market for a new sub ohm tank it’s worth the look for sure. Element vape has them for 29.95 currently with all colors in stock.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

It can be purchased [here](Horizon Falcon Sub-Ohm Tank | Horizon Tech Vape Tanks)

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Element Vape

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
This tank is awesome, especially the mesh coil. I have a bubble glass for mine which makes it even better.

This sub ohm tank has RTA flavor, makes me wonder why I bother building my own anymore, the gap has well and truly been bridged.

I'd put the wattage range as a pro too, it's not a con to me, I see no need for more power with how these coils vape.

One hell of a tank and I don't really vape premade coils.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
This tank is awesome, especially the mesh coil. I have a bubble glass for mine which makes it even better.

This sub ohm tank has RTA flavor, makes me wonder why I bother building my own anymore, the gap has well and truly been bridged.

I'd put the wattage range as a pro too, it's not a con to me, I see no need for more power with how these coils vape.

One hell of a tank and I don't really vape premade coils.
glad you like it!

Reactions: Rixsta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread