Anthony Vapes: Innokin EQs Pod Kit Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the innokin eqs Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Innokin EQs Pod kit is the latest Pod Kit from popular vape manufacturer Innokin. They been around a long time in vaping mostly popular for making beginner stuff like their endura kits and internal battery mods like the cool fire series as well as their kroma-a kit. In 2018 they made some good products mainly the Endura T18 II, Proton, and EQ pod system. The EQs is the newer version of the EQ and is a rectangle style AIO Pod system like a breeze 2 or innokin EQ, with refillable pods and a built in 800mah battery and is press button to fire. It’s available in 6 colors Purple, Coral Pink, Grey, White, Sky Blue and Black. Looking around online i can’t really find it anywhere so it doesn't seem to be available much yet. I found 1 site on pre-order for around 22 USD. Not sure about replacement pod pricing as i can't find those yet however it is compatible with the original EQ coils as well which are easy to find and run around 3-6 USD each

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Ultra-Compact & Light-weight
  • 2ml Refillable Pods
  • PLEX3D Next Generation 3D Mesh Coils
  • Compatible with EQ pod
  • 3 Wattage Levels (Green 11.5W, Blue 13.5W, Purple 15.5W)
  • 800mAh Battery with Micro USB Charge
  • Tri-Color Battery Capacity Indicator
  • Mark your flavors with color sticker
  • Height: 85mm
  • Input Voltage: 3.3V-4.2V
Included in box:
  • 1x EQs Rechargeable Battery(800mAh)
  • 1x EQ PLEX3D Pod (0.48Ω/2ml)
  • 1x Micro USB Charging Cable
  • 1x User Manual
  • 1x User Packet (Warranty Card, Warning Booklet, Battery Warning Card)
Coil Options
  • 0.48ohm PLEX3D Mesh Coil
  • compatible with original EQ pods
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Innokin EQ Pod is a rectangle styled AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are built into the pods so you replace the whole pod like a renova zero or the original innokin EQ. It’s a pretty small size all things considered and a little smaller than the breeze 2 or orion or original EQ in sizing. There is no adjustable air as well like most pods. Not a big deal but it is cool when pods have adjustable air but not really the standard these days yet so just a bonus when it has that. It has a good ok capacity of 2 ml. The battery is listed at 800mah so pretty good size based on the size of the device itself and pretty average capacity in a pod system. No complaints there. It features built in USB charging but they don’t list a charge rate for some reason. I tested this 4 times with 2 different inline USB meters and for the charge rate and it charges at .41-.45a so it’s half amp charging. Not too bad but 1A would have been better. It charges full in about 2 hours. Battery size wise my 4 tests had results between 638-713 mah. Nothing way overstated from what they list it as which is all i’m looking for but it is a little overstated. It does have passthrough vaping as well which is great. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod itself. The DV Pod is very nicely built and lightweight with a plastic body. The coloring is also nice. I got the white one and it’s not shiny but not matte either. Somewhere in between. It’s showing no signs of wear and looks good but they removed the rubber coating from the original which i liked.

The pods attach to the battery via a magnet system and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. The Pods are easy to fill, it uses the same fill method as the original EQ pods which i think is the best in the business personally. You just twist the cover (which is green on these pods) which exposes 2 fill holes so you have an air outlet hole as well, Then just stick the bottle in and squeeze it then twist the bottom back to close it. Best fill system in any pod system i’ve seen personally.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s a fire button only device like the original so no air sensor. It also has adjustable output for 11.5, 13.5, or 15.5 watts. To turn the device on or off you can click fire 3 times. To adjust the power output with the device off hold fire. The bottom LED will cycle between green (low), Blue (medium), and Purple (high). When it reaches the color you want just let it go. Very easy to use. I also want to give a shout out to their manual, I don’t mention it much but their quick start guides are flat out excellent in showing people how to use the device and readily available on their site. I have a image of it in the album as well. There is a large bright LED that is easy to see inside the fire button. It’s only on when you press the fire button so you can tap it quickly to check it as well, and lets you know the battery charge. Green means Full, Yellow means Half and Red means Low. Good enough battery meter not great but not bad. There is also a small LED on the bottom that is on when the fire button is pressed to let you know which power level it is set to. The pod is also fully exposed so easy to see juice level for the most part but is tinted quite dark so hard to see in some lighting. I really wish companies would stop tinting pods. IDK how many times i have to say this.

Coil Performance and details
The Innokin EQs Pod Kit comes with only Pod which is disappointing. All kits should always include 2 pods, and their DV kit had 2 so not sure why this only came with one but maybe because it was sent early for review? I hope they include 2. Thankfully they sent me a bag full of spares as well so i got to use more then just 1 pod.. There is only 1 new coil option which is a 0.48ohm PLEX3D Mesh Coil however it is compatible with the pods for the original EQ as well

Performance wise though since they sent me extra pods I used 3 in total. 1 from the kit and 2 seperate ones. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. I used all 3 settings. The pods work well on any setting and the higher settings are a little warmer of a vape but there isn’t a “cool vape option” just different levels of warm. Flavor was good though not great. so I’d consider it a “tier 2” nothing wrong with that. Life wise though i got only 6-9 ML per pod which is pretty poor or an average of 7.66 mls per pod. Not happy with the life of the new pods. The old pods gave me around 15 ml each so double that amount. They should just use the old pods instead and work on fixing these new pods before release if possible so they last longer.

Pros:
  • color options (6 total)
  • just ok 2 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice simple looks and LEDs
  • good paint job
  • small size for easy portability
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • good enough charge rate
  • good flavor for a pod system
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • good enough battery meter that is easy to see
  • price point for device and coils
  • best fill method of any pod system so far
  • adjustable output (3 modes)
  • can use original EQ pods which last longer
Cons:
  • Juice level a little hard to see due to pod tinting
  • coil life is not good
  • slightly overstated battery size
  • comes with 1 pod only
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one's interesting. It’s a good device by itself. Slightly smaller than the original EQ but with 3 output levels instead of 2. Outside of that though it’s pretty much the same device minus the rubber coating. I wouldn’t recommend using the new pods though but since you can use it with the old pods i’d say it’s worth buying if you wanted one and just use the old pods with it if you wanted the extra power option and didn’t like the rubber coating. I’m gonna mark it as slightly towards the yes. It’s a good system with the old pods. I will be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below alongside the original so people can read both and decide which one they prefer.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Innokin

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread