Anthony Vapes: Kado Stealth Pod Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Kado Stealth Pod and stay tuned in the end for a giveaway

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from DSvaping

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech usage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Introduction:
The Kado stealth pod is a new pod system from a new manufacturer in vaping, Kado. The product was sent to me from DSvaping which is a large distributor in vaping who also distributes the Kaos mods. The Kado Stealth is the first device from Kado and it’s meant to be a small portable pod system for MTL vaping with refillable pods. It’s available in 5 colors although they are all mostly black there is a color strip on the front. Those colors are gold, red, green, blue, and gunmetal.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Pod System: Open-Pod
  • Salt Compatibility: 30 – 60mg
  • Material: Zinc Alloy, Rubber
  • Dimensions: 80 x 45 x 10mm
  • Weight: ~60g
  • Atomizer Capacity: 2mL
  • Nebulizer Resistance: ~1.2Ω
  • Power: 3.6V Output
  • Current: 10uA
  • Battery Capacity: 450mA⋅h
  • Output Power: 8W
Included in box:
  • 1 x KADO Stealth Unit
  • 1 x 2ml Slim Cartridge
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1 x Warrenty Card
Pictures
Stock Shot:
kado_1.jpg

Stock Shot Colors:
websiteFrontStill_03_1296x.png

Box:

Y8LQOnu.jpg

b6m5sAf.jpg

Handcheck:

cH1BUdT.jpg

Size Comparisons:

xAHJJyl.jpg

Coil/Pod:

c9QK2Lg.jpg

Internals:
saqTv96.jpg

xUTZFuZ.jpg

Kit Rundown
The Kado Stealth Is a Pod style AIO (all in one) kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It’s a miniature one at that (a little smaller than a credit card) and only a few mm thick. it’s features top airflow that has a nice MTL vape not super tight but not loose either. It has a good capacity of 2ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 450 mah and the life thanks to the 8 watts power output lasts quite long. Also the 1st hit and the last hit before needing a charge is the same. No weaker hits as the battery dies. I’ll explain that a little later in the review in the coil section. It features built in charging but they don’t list the rate. Still it charges pretty fast. I didn't time it but charging from a laptop USB it seemed around 1-2 hours to charge. There is no Passthrough vaping however. Also i felt like due to the shape the mouthpiece could have been on the pointy side. Not sure why I felt that way but I did. The first day using it i found myself subconsciously putting the wrong side to my mouth. But after that i adjusted well and out of habit did it correctly.

It has 1 blue LED Light on it. It’s hidden under the tinted plastic below the color stripe. It’s on when the pod is in use and when the pod is dead it’ll blink when you try to vape on it. It also stays on while charging and turns off when the pod is fully charged. There is no battery indicator though and since the vape doesn't get weaker it can just “die on you” without warning. Filling the pod is very easy it just pops out easy and there is a rubber plug to take out and fill. Use a fine point bottle to fill it. It also has an air out hole which is nice so no worries about that. Filling is very easy. The pod itself is tinted which can make juice level had to see. Pretty much every pod does this and i don’t know why they don’t opt for a clear tank. Also to check you juice level you need to remove the pod. I wish they would have cut a “sight glass” into the body so you can see the juice level. Usage is very easy, there are no buttons or anything. No on or off. All you do is inhale to activate and it’s worked for me every time no misfires. Overall a very easy to use and nice little vape pod

Coil Performance and details
The kit comes with a 1 pod/coil which are the only kind available for the Kado Stealth. I wish they would have included 1 spare personally. They list it as a 1.2 ohm coil. Now time for the fun part. I took it apart and from my estimation and based on the specs it appears to be a single spaced coil, 2mm ID, of 27 gauge wire around 9 wraps. It doesn’t use non-resistance leads like many premade coils. It’s just a simple coil like the old kanger evod days. If i plug in those specs into a an ohms law calculator (1.2 ohms, 8 watts max) the volt output would be 3.1 so their specs don't’ exactly line up (they claim 3.6 but could be the nominal voltage and throttled back by max watts) but the 3.1 makes more sense as it would likely be below the soft cell cut off (probably in the 3.2ish area) which would explain why the hit stays the same across the full battery life.

As far as the actual coil performance goes. The flavor was pretty good for a pod system. Obviously you have to consider the type of device isn’t going to be a flavor monster by most people’s definition including my own, but there was some good flavor. I used only 50/50 30mg nic salt juices in it. Coil life was really good. I ran 12ml in the first coil and it was still like new. When I took it apart the cotton wasn’t burnt and the wire wasn’t gunked up. It still looked new. I know 12ml doesn’t sound like much if you are a sub ohm vapor I mean personally i vape 30-40ml a day, but in a pod system 12ml should easily last you a week probably more as it barely uses juice. Plus it was still going strong, wouldn’t surprise me to get another 12ml out of it. I wanted to take it apart though at that point so loaded up a 2nd pod (they sent me spares) and i’m 10 ml into it and it’s still going good. I’m pretty impressed with it. It also handles chain vaping well. I can take 3-4 long puffs (roughly 8 seconds) before i have to let it sit a few seconds and rewick.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Color Options
  • Size - (very easy to pocket due to being so slim)
  • Looks and style
  • Battery Life
  • Low Juice Consumption
  • great for beginners due to ease of use
  • Charges fast
  • price point (under 30 dollars)
  • refillable pods
  • coil performance and life
  • same puff from first to last one
  • easy to remove pod and fill
Cons:
  • No pass through vaping
  • No battery indicator
  • juice level hard to see because of tint
  • need to remove pod to see juice level
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this is going to lean towards the yes. I’m basically becoming a pod tester these days with all the pod mods being made and sent to me for review and this one is easily one of my favorites. The ease of use is great for new vapers. No worries about turning on or off or firing in your pocket. Just vape it and pocket it. It has it’s few quirks for sure but it’s one of the better pod systems overall on the market. I’ll be adding it to my spreadsheet.

It can be purchased here for 24.99 in the US

Official Site here

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread