Anthony Vapes: Revenant Vape X TVL Delta Squonk Mod Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Revenant vape Delta Squonk mod. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Revenant Vape Delta Squonk Mod is the latest mod from small time vape manufacturer Revenant Vape most known for their Cartel 160 mod. They aren’t a true manufacturer though but more of designers who contract out the manufacturing. In this case the delta is manufactured by vaporesso and uses their omni chip as well and vaporesso makes good products and their chip is great so good decision there. It’s designed in collaboration with TVL (The Vape Lounge 760). The Delta is a single battery squonk mod that can take a 21700, 20700, and 18650 (with included adapter) with a unique squonk system. It’s available in 4 colors Rainbow, Black and Red, Black and Silver, and Gold and Silver. Looking around online I see them for 60-85 USD on a few sites or in a kit with the reload RDA for around 75-100 USD.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Manufactured by Vaporesso
  • OMNI Board 4.0 Chipset
  • Single High-Amp 18650/20700/21700 Battery - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-100W
  • Resistance Range: 0.03-5.0ohm
  • Super Play Mode
  • Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
  • Ergonomic Design and Grip
  • 0.96" TFT Color Display Screen
  • Oversized Firing Button
  • Three Control Buttons
  • Press to Squonk Button
  • Childproof PTF™ Bottom Filling System
  • Insta-Fire: 0.001s
  • Micro USB Charging Port
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Delta 100W Squonk Mod
  • 1 Plastic Squonk Bottle
  • 1 Battery Adapter
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 1 User Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got to see this mod it was the prototype at ECC which had a few issues i quickly spotted mainly the battery door wouldn’t stay shut and the bottle was too hard to pull out. Also wasn’t impressed they were packaging with a mesh RDA either (well i haven’t seen it marketed as mesh much but that is what they said at ECC and the design clearly looks to be the case). It was also a VV only mod at ECC where you only adjusted by voltage, no wattage adjusts and no TC settings but I did like the looks and design of it. They took some time to get things right though as it took about 3 months from then for me to receive my review sample on the finished version so i kind of knew what to expect. So it arrives and i open to see what’s changed/fixed. Thankfully the battery door and bottle are both fixed. They also changed out the VV only adjust to be a power only. Not going to lie and I won’t ding them for not having TC mode however it deeply hurt my soul they didn’t put TC on this mod as vaporesso and their omni chip is one of the affordable chip makers who have good temp control on their mods and I was hoping they would have added it (could have used the same chip and firmware from the armour pro) as there really isn’t a good TC single battery squonk mod that doesn't have a DNA chip at this point. It would have been a huge pro had they added that. I looked for firmware updates as well but none. Would be nice if they added that in later. Overall though I really liked the mod from the start but not a fan of them packaging in a mesh RDA and opted not to review the RDA.

Watt Mode Performance
Now let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used the Samsung 30T 21700 batteries for the testing. Testing resistances were done at .11, .14, .19, and .6 ohms. wattage points were max (100), 80, 60, 40, and 20. At .11 ohms it maxed out at 89 watts and 27 amps. For the rest of the testing it was a little on the weak side 7-8 watts at 60 or more and 2-3 watts at 40 or less. Pretty normal for single battery mods to hit a little weak at this resistance At .14 it maxed out at 102 watts. The rest were really good being on point or 1-2 watts high. For the .19 test it maxed out at 98 watts. Again really accurate being on point or 1 watt off. For the .6 testing it maxed out at 104 watts and 7.889 volts. For the rest of the testing on point to 3 watts high. The volts shows there is a boost circuit like most single battery mods.

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was really good. It’s mostly jon point or within a watt or 2 at anything .14 or higher. It does struggle a little with builds lower than that though. You do get the full wattage range from .14 to .6 at minimum and probably a wider range then that. I was able to get 104 watts max, so I consider it to be accurately rated at 100 watts. The 7.889 volt limit shows there is a boost circuit. It’s a good volt limit but mine didn’t come with a manual so i couldn’t find any listed volt or amp limit but those might be in the manual. For amps the max i got is 27 which makes it right on par with most single battery mods where the amp limit is between 25-30 on average so no complaints there. There is no preheat options or watt curve modes on this chip which would have been nice to have but the chip does have the hard preheat like many of the newer chips do to simulate the nonsense “hits hard” stuff that’s been floating around. I wish they didn’t do that personally and since there is no way to have a soft preheat to nullify that I will ding them for it.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is really good. Struggles a little at the .11 ohm which is common but above that is mostly within a watt or 2. Accurately rated for watts (104), amp limit 27 which is average for single battery mods. Volts tested at 7.889+ so yes boost circuit as most single battery mods and was capped off by the watt limit so could be higher. No adjustable pre-heat but has a built in hard pre-heat.

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a 5 click to turn on and off. It’s 1 mode only though and that’s power mode. No TC or any other modes commonly found on omni chips sadly. It does still have a menu system and menu button though. You can hold that button to enter the menu which allows you to do some minor things like change the color of the screen, the screen timeout, the brightness, the puff counter, or to turn on/off their super player mode and smart mode which they really still don’t explain the point of either but the super player mode does let you fire down to .03 ohms but really shouldn’t be necessary. You can also click fire 3 times to lock the adjustment buttons. The mod adjusts by .1 watt increments if you tap or full watts if you hold it so good job there but doesn't round robin.

The mod itself is build solid with no rattle on the buttons, and has a solid feel and nice weight to it. The Battery door is a standard bottom latch style. It fits nice with no play on it. It’s easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps and takes a single battery with options of a 21700, 20700, or 18650 with the included adapter. Really nice and simple battery tray. The paint looks nice and doesn't scratch off, and i have no visible wear. The rainbow one i have has a shiny gunmetal frame with rainbow accents.The fire button is nice and and clicky and quite large. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps but is off center. The mod can handle a 25 mm atomizer flush which is more than enough for a single battery mod. The screen is a a good size .96 inch rectangle screen that is nice and bright and easy to see and is color. Again no manual came with mine so I couldn’t find a listed amp rate for the charging. I did test it though and it held pretty steady at .81-.82a charging so close enough to be called 1A charging and it does give you a timer as well which is nice (example 37 minutes to full and it counts down as it charges)

Squonk System
The Delta comes with a 6.5 ml capacity bottle which is a nice size. It’s a unique squonking system though which i’m sure we’ll see more of soon as in you don’t actually squonk the bottle. The bottle is a hard plastic one and it features a siphon system where you hold down the button at the top to make the juice go into the RDA and when you let it go, it’ll suck back excessive juice. It works very well and gave me no issues and i really enjoyed it. I’d just hold for like 3 seconds to refill my RDA and never flooded any of them that way. A few i used were the Mjölnir, Baron, Bonza 1.5, and ring lord RDAs. Filling the bottle is interesting. It does have a spring loaded bottom fill like the renova zero pod system and to use that you need a fine tooth bottle. The twist caps don’t work very well and it takes a long time and a lot of effort. Not a fan of filling that way personally. They do include one of those bottles you can fill with though like they did for the renova zero. I found it much easier to fill by removing the bottle where i can just pour straight into it then put ti back in. They don’t include a spare which i wish they would have and would have been awesome to have a quick replacement of your bottle. They just needed to include one and a cap for it. I hope they decide to at least sell the spare bottles separate at a reasonable price with caps. Overall though really nice squonk system that works great and that we will likely see more on other mods in the future.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • color options
  • nice paint job
  • nice unique design
  • very ergonomic and comfy to hold
  • no button rattle
  • Performance
  • nice fire button
  • Accurately rated for watts
  • Good Volt Limit
  • good amp limit
  • batteries are easy to get in and out
  • nice 510 pin
  • nice sized .96” bright color screen
  • good unique squonk system
  • takes 2170, 20700, and 18650 batteries
  • easy to use and good menu
Cons:
  • Non adjustable hard pre-heat
  • no spare bottle included
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do the yes or no, but for this i’m going to have to lean towards the yes for sure. There are a handful of good single 2x700 squonkers on the market and this one is as good as any. It could have truly stood out if they had put TC mode and the watt curve mode and such and basically took the armour pro chip and firmware and put it in this mod as it would have easily been the best single battery squonker but without it it’s just another really good one that’s well worth the look

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vaporesso

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
My deal breaker was no TC or preheat. Had one in the cart to buy until I read further and saw this huge letdown. I was willing to deal with the fact of no extra O-Ring for the tank and no spare tank at that. Plus the battery door being a tad bit fragile.
No TCR and preheat=No purchase for me especially with that chip. Sadly it was the very squonk mod that was aesthetically likable at this time.

Thank you for the awesome review! :)

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
My deal breaker was no TC or preheat. Had one in the cart to buy until I read further and saw this huge letdown. I was willing to deal with the fact of no extra O-Ring for the tank and no spare tank at that. Plus the battery door being a tad bit fragile.
No TCR and preheat=No purchase for me especially with that chip. Sadly it was the very squonk mod that was aesthetically likable at this time.

Thank you for the awesome review! :)
Yeah i was disappointed as well since vaporesso is one of the few non DNA companies to do good TC which would have really made this mod stand out

• Agree
Reactions: ranjen617

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Yeah i was disappointed as well since vaporesso is one of the few non DNA companies to do good TC which would have really made this mod stand out

I totally agree with you. For them to apparently "dumb down" this chip was a terrible move. I understand many only use wattage but there's a huge group of people that truly enjoy it. The preheat function is something that many use, even if they kept a miniscule piece of preheat there, it's just not the same.

If they change this up with firmware upgrades I'd buy it. But until then I'm sure others will come up with a mod to fit those of us who won't buy this one. Bad business move on their behalf.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I totally agree with you. For them to apparently "dumb down" this chip was a terrible move. I understand many only use wattage but there's a huge group of people that truly enjoy it. The preheat function is something that many use, even if they kept a miniscule piece of preheat there, it's just not the same.

If they change this up with firmware upgrades I'd buy it. But until then I'm sure others will come up with a mod to fit those of us who won't buy this one. Bad business move on their behalf.
yeah when a get i get a moment i'm going to see if i can load armour pro firmware into it. i'm not hopeful but i figure it's worth a try cause if i brick it, it's not a big deal for me i have plenty of mods

• Optimistic

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
yeah when a get i get a moment i'm going to see if i can load armour pro firmware into it. i'm not hopeful but i figure it's worth a try cause if i brick it, it's not a big deal for me i have plenty of mods

Well certainly don't brick it. It's a good mod in itself. Yeah, I know the feeling. If one goes there's plenty more. I would like to know the outcome though. I went ahead with a Ipv-It and a LV Paranormal this week. Was going to pair this squonker up with the Ipv. Eh, I'll wait on you or them to update. Really a shame though, I loved the aesthetics about it. :)

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Well certainly don't brick it. It's a good mod in itself. Yeah, I know the feeling. If one goes there's plenty more. I would like to know the outcome though. I went ahead with a Ipv-It and a LV Paranormal this week. Was going to pair this squonker up with the Ipv. Eh, I'll wait on you or them to update. Really a shame though, I loved the aesthetics about it. :)
i mean i don't want to brick it. it's a nice mod just saying if i do brick it, it's not the end of the world i have like 15 squonk mods good for power mode as it is lol what i don't have is any that are good for TC that take anything more then a single 18650 so if i could turn this into that it would be great. if not i can use one of the other ones i have and it's no big loss

• Love

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
i mean i don't want to brick it. it's a nice mod just saying if i do brick it, it's not the end of the world i have like 15 squonk mods good for power mode as it is lol what i don't have is any that are good for TC that take anything more then a single 18650 so if i could turn this into that it would be great. if not i can use one of the other ones i have and it's no big loss

I totally understand. It's just a nice mod in general that needs to be fully unleashed. Nobody sets out to brick one. :) Just watched an older review of yours. You'll see it. I totally wished that they would've just let the chipset run as is in this case of the Delta. It's a nice one, but a wee bit lacking. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread