Anthony Vapes: Smoant Campbel Kit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Smoant campbel Kit. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is marked as a sample

Introduction:
The smoant campbel is a new kit form smoant that isn’t your typical kit by any means. Smoant is a company that i think has done very well in the mod game for the past couple years dating back to the battlestar and most recently the naboo which i’m reviewing in a couple of days. The campbel however is a kit that contains a simple non adjustable direct output single 18650 mod and an atomizer that has 2 parts to it. The lower part is basically a low watt sub ohm tank while the upper part is for adding any liquid into to combine that flavor with your juice flavor. It’s available in 3 colors Classic Black, Sapphire Blue, and Champagne Gold. Looking around online i see the atomizer sold separate for around 30-40 USD or the kit with the mod for around 60-70 and yes the atomizer can be used on any mod as well.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Colors: Gold, Blue, Black
  • Size:77x55x30mm
  • Output Wattage:1-80W
  • Resistance Range:0.08-3.0ohm
  • Battery: Single 18650 High Drain Battery(Sold Separately)
  • Working Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
  • Working Mode: Full Battery Output
  • Charging: DV5V/1A
  • Battery Reverse Protection
  • Overheating Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Overcurrent Protection
  • Overcurrent Protection
  • Over-Time Protection
  • Over Charge Protection
Manufacturers Spec: Atomizer
  • Material: Aluminum Alloy + Stainless Steel + Resin + Quartz Glass
  • Size:30.4x19mm
  • E Juice Capacity: 2.0ml
  • Coils: NI80 0.2ohm Coil Heads,30-60W
  • Filter Size: 111x23.5mm
  • Filter Capacity: 3.0ml
Included in box:
  • 1 Smoant Campbel Mod
  • 1 Smoant Campbel Tank
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 2 NI80 OCC Coils
  • 2 Spare Glass Tubes
  • 1 Spare Parts
  • 1 User Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions
Before i start off with my initial impressions and a funny story i want to say i’m going to take a different approach to this review then normal. It’s a very unique kit so it deserves a unique review as it’s not something that’s made to quit smoking or an everyday setup but more of a device made for a niche group of vapers. With that said I first got to see this thing back at E3 about 5 months ago where it was marketed as a kit where you can mix whiskey and they had it loaded with some whiskey which i can’t remember and the rep there was like “It’ll get you ....ed up while vaping” which i didn’t believe at the time but we’ll go over that more later. Sadly i couldn’t try it as all the coils they had on display were just completely shot and useless. So i figured i’d have to wait for the sample. Outside of that i thought it looked funny like a mech mod on top of a pico. I did however love the coloring of the blue one. Very nice royal blue color with a somewhat shiny finish but does fingerprint magnet. Overall i was quite interested in this kit

Campbel Mod Rundown
As i said i’m taking a different angle on this kit from my normal reviews. I’ll give a brief rundown of the mod but didn’t do any fancy testing as i’m looking at this like it’s a kit or AIO style of device. The mod itself is a rounded off short box mod similar in size to like a pico 25 but slightly bigger. It’s a basic direct output single 18650 mod. It uses a bottom latch battery door which gave me no issues and worked well. Outside of that not much to it but a fire button and 3 LEDs on each side. The LEDs let you know the battery charge. 3 lit up (on each side) means 3.9-4.2v, 2 lit up means 3.9V to 3.6V and 1 means 3.2V to 3.6V. Under 3.2V will blink 3 times and turn off. Basically low, medium, and high charge. The LED also shines through the fire button. That’s all there is to the mod though and it does it’s job so no complaints and powers the included coils good as well. Of course the main draw of this kit is the atomizer which can be purchased separate but it looks best on the matching mod IMO

Campbel Atomizer Run Down
Now lets go over the basics of the atomizer itself. There are 2 parts to this atomizer. The bottom part is the regular vape part of the tank. To access that while it’s on a mod just pull up the whole metal case as it’s o-ringed onto vape tank. To fill unscrew the top metal cap and file directly into the glass around the coil. It’s a 2ml capacity. The coil only has 1 option which is a ni80 (nice they labeled it) .2 ohm coil rated for 30-60 watts. To replace the coil you’ll need to remove the glass which is oringed on and unscrew the old one from the base and screw on the new one then replace the glass and fill then replace the top cap. Worth noting is my o-ring for the glass game stuck to the glass and ripped when i pulled it to replace the coil so i had to use the included spare o-ring. There is also no adjustable air on this really you can adjust it but it’s very minimal and makes no difference so don’t bother with it and just line up your holes.

Next part is the regular liquid part or i’ll just say it the alcohol part they refer to as the filter. To fill it you need to unscrew the top cap which includes the proprietary drip tip which has to be that way for a reason i’ll go over in a second. Unscrewing it allows you to pour directly into the filter or empty out anything in it currently to change flavors. It’s listed as a 3ml capacity so it’s much less than it looks to be as you can only fill it up to the max line. I filled mine with about 2.5ml each time to get it up to the line. Sadly they didn’t include a fill bottle or anything which would have been nice. I just poured whatever i used into a medicine cup then into the filter. The drip tip itself acts as a chamber closer. Since the filter portion isn’t sealed you need to close it if you plan to pocket it which I don’t know why someone would so it can’t leak out. When closed you can turn it upside down with no leaks. You can unscrew the metal cage as well to access the filter glass for cleaning which is o-ringed into place. It’s pretty simple to use once you get the hang of it but has a little bit of a learning curve as expected from a nice product.

Campbell Atomizer Performance
So now the important stuff how does it vape? Again there are a few parts to this and i’ll start with the vape itself. The coils themselves last pretty good. I get around 40-50 ml of usage per coil and they are low watts and blow blow through juice much so they last pretty long all things considered and didn’t leak or flood. The vape however is pretty weak and the flavor is very muted which i’m sure is also partly due to the long travel from the coil to your mouth due to the filter in between. The coil itself though isn’t going to be the main flavor carrier of this device. I found it best to use a simple juice that just added a little hint of something different to the liquid put into the filter. So i tested a few combos of that. One thing to note as well is when the filter is full the liquid flavor is really strong but it gets weaker as it gets low so keep it as full as you can at all times.

• first up was the alcohol, duh. Seemed like the obvious choice. I tried some whiskeys some flavored vodkas, some rums, no tequila though I hate the stuff personally. It worked really well with alcohol and you can use your ejuice to compliment it. I really liked the combo of whiskey with a honey ejuice. I also really liked a peach vodka with a strawberry juice, just remember the large majority of the flavor you get comes from the liquid and not the ejuice itself.

• coffee was next as i really like coffee and figured i’d accent it with some vanilla juice or caramel juice. Sadly the coffee didn’t work well. I really didn’t get any flavor off the coffee and i used cold coffee not hot coffee. Not really worth doing

• soda now they call it for soda so why not? I tried some coke and some sprite i normally don’t have much soda in my house as i’m not much of a soda drinker but didn’t really do anything here either. Didn’t really work well at all
Conclusion
No pros or cons this time, i recommend just reading the review and seeing if this is a device for you personally. Overall it does a good job with alcohol as the original intent and i really like the kit personally. It’s not for everyday vaping to carrying around IMO nor is it helpful to quit smoking and no it won’t get you drunk or ....ed up or even a buzz for that matter, but if you do like the flavors of alcohol it does provide a really nice flavor with that and you can accent your favorite alcohols with your favorite ejucies and for that it’s quite nice. i’ll be adding it to my sheet in the unique section as it’s not for everyone but it does do what it promises and i like it so can’t really say no it’s just only for a niche group of people but that niche will really enjoy it IMO

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Smoant

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread