Anthony Vapes: Steamcrave Glaz 31mm RTA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Steamcrave Glaz 31mm rta Review. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample and should be the retail version.

Introduction:
The Steamcrave Glaz RTA is the latest RTA from steam crave who i consider to be a very underrated manufacturer. They don’t push out a new RTA every month like many so they aren’t very popular or always talked about but i Love their supreme RTA, Supreme V2 RTA, Aromamizer Plus RTA and most recently the aromamizer titan 41mm RTA. The steam crave Glaz RTA is a 31mm dual coil DTL RTA with postless deck and 7ml capacity. It’s available in 2 colors Black and Silver and looking around online i see it in the 30-40 USD Price range or 50 from their site directly.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Unique Glass chamber/chimney
  • 7ml juice capacity
  • Top-slid filling design
  • Extra PC tank included
  • New postless deck design
  • Special bottom angled airflow design
  • Semi restrictive airflow for ultimate flavor chasing experience
  • 510 threading connection
  • 31mm overall diameter
  • 25mm inner diameter
Included in box:
  • 1 x Steam Crave Glaz RTA
  • 1 x Spare 7ml glass
  • 1 x 7ml PC tank
  • 1 x Allen Key
  • 1 x User Manual
  • Spare Parts
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty impressed. It’s really a beautiful tank. The idea of the glass being threaded and holding it all together was interesting as is the glass chamber on the inside. I did have 1 issue out of the box and that was my glass came broken damaged in transit. Luckily they include 2 glass tanks and 1 PC (polycarbonate) tank so i was able to use the spare glass. I spoke with them about it and apparently it’s a common issue and to fix it they said they will ship them with the PC tank pre-installed instead. On top of that they have some special instructions for installing the tank to protect the glass but in short it’s install in the bottom first and lubricate the threads before installing. They have a video here

. It’s definitely an RTA that will require some special care and more for hobbyists. Also the other thing that stood out to me that separates it from most 30mm+ RTAs and their aromamizer plus is the air is a lot less on this then you would expect from a 31mm RTA. It’s pretty restricted and doesn’t need a big build and vapes a lot more like a 24mm RTA then it does a 31mm RTA. Overall Though I really liked this from the start but also figured out it’s not for everyone.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a basic Postless deck with a bottom angled up airflow. The post holes are nice and large to accommodate any wire type. The post screws are nice quality hex grub screws which are my favorites and 8 spare ones are included 4 silver and 4 black ones. The screws come in from the side in a way that flat wires like fused claptons won’t be bent when installing. Since it is postless you do need to precut your leads. I found around 5-6mm as the best length for me depending on how thick the wire is and then bent them out towards the side portion of the airflow. Plenty of room as well to fit a 4mm ID coil or bigger but with the amount of air i found 3mm to be ideal for me. No reason to go bigger then that. It’s not your typical 31mm RTA. Overall it’s an excellent deck that’s easy to build on but may not be ideal for new builders because postless decks aren’t always the easiest to build on since you have to pre-cut your leads.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks pretty well so you don’t need to go super thin on your wicks. Just make sure not to overstuff them and drop them right in the cutouts made for them and leave a little bit of room. Really simple and easy to wick

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA only. I ran 4 builds in it. 3 fancy builds at 3mm ID, 3.5mm ID, and 4mm ID and once simple round build at 3mm ID. It’s DTL for sure, but kind of restricted for a dual coil. Performance was excellent from this RTA and it really worked well with all the builds. It’s pretty universal and doesn't need a big build. Simple round wire gives great flavor or you can bump it up with a small fused clapton. It’s not a typical large RTA and works more like a 24mm RTA like the mage v2 for example. It’s size is for looks and capacity more than anything. I love the way this RTA vapes. It has been a pleasure to vape on and will likely make my best of 2018 list because the flavor is so good and plus lack of 30mm+ RTAs on the market. Works really good in the 50-100 watt range.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA with 17 small sized round holes on each side that you can adjust from the outside like many RTAs. The holes are staggered so you can close off 1.5 at a time. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper. It’s easily adjustable on or off mod and has great knurling for grip. Very well done. The air is nice and smooth, no whistle on any setting and pretty quiet.

The top fill is your standard slide back expose the fill hole. It’s clearly labeled with a notch on the top cap where to push and slides back nice and smooth. You can remove the slide back for cleaning or replacing the gasket via a small flathead screw underneath the top cap. The fill hole is a good size and can be filled with any type of bottle but you can’t just pour it in from a glass bottle. There is also a decent amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with a standard 810 delrin drip tip, but no 510 tip or adapter or 2nd tip. I would have liked at least a 510 adapter or a 2nd drip tip. The drip tip fits nice. Not too snug but not too loose and most 810 tips fit well on it except for some of the friction fit ones I tried. O-ring ones fit great though as did some friction fit ones. They could have made the o-ring on the inside a little bigger to accommodate all 810 tips. It comes with 3 tanks all 7ml capacity 2 glass and 1 PC. The PC should come pre-installed on new versions as the original versions had issues with glass breaking in transit and this was their fix to it. Plenty of extra o-rings and 8 spare post screws as well but no tool. They should have included a tool. Would have been nice if they threw in a couple of coils and some cotton as well but not a big deal.

The quality on the Steamcrave Glaz RTA is excellent. As usual their products really have a high end feel but don’t cost much more than most mass produced RTAs on the market. Feels like it’s worth more then the price tag for sure and not your typical 40-50 dollar RTA. All the threading is really nice and smooth, just make sure to lube up the threads due to the glass being the threads that holds the RTA together. The glass threading means you do need to take some special care of it. There is Knurling everywhere it should be. Easy to take apart but has a lot of pieces to it like all their products 7 pieces in total including the drip tip, and the coloring looks excellent. It’s a 31mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out so it’s a big boy that will overhang many mods. If overhang bothers you make sure to have a mod that can handle this. It’s also pretty tall at 58mm including the drip tip. The 7ml capacity is great especially since it doesn't drink juice like most RTAs this size. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping really good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Steam crave logo on the front and that’s it. The chamber and chimney section on the inside is all glass as well and held into place via o-rings so you can see your coil with the tank built which is great. And i had minimal popping so I can clearly see my coil even after days of use. You can also rebuild/rewick with a nearly full tank which is great. You can also bottom fill if you wanted to.

Pros:
  • Excellent Build Quality
  • Standard 810 Drip Tip
  • excellent quality hex grub post screws
  • large fill hole
  • Excellent threading
  • nice easy to build and wick postless deck
  • nice 7ml capacity
  • 3 tanks included
  • plenty of spare o-rings and 8 spare post screws
  • excellent flavor
  • nice smooth AFC
  • no whistle on any setting
  • Simple top fill design
  • great knurling everywhere it’s needed
  • universal and doesn't require a large build
Cons:
  • Postless decks aren't really beginner friendly
  • including a set of coils and some cotton would have been nice
  • could have included more than 1 drip tip or a 510 adapter
  • Glass threading means it needs special care
  • glass arrived broken (should be fixed now)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean heavy towards the yes. It’s been a while since a 30mm+ RTA has hit the market and this one does enough to separate itself from others with it’s design and the builds that work well with it. I wouldn’t recommend it for new builders as it will need a bit of extra care but for the hobbyist who wants a big RTA especially one that doesn't guzzle juice or need a ton of watts this one belongs in your collection for sure. I’ve added it to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Steamcrave

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread